Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002/2003 Rumours and Gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I have been told, the club keeps the spot and the team that is leaving will have to start at the bottom of whichever club they are moving to, unless that club has an opening in the div they want to play in.
This is what may happen in Langley as I here one of the div 2 teams are moving to Delta, and they thought that they could just play in div 2 Delta, but the LUFC club basically said that the spot belongs to Langley and if they move to Delta have fun starting at the bottom of the divisions.
Hope that clears things up for you.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's pretty much it. If the team belongs to the club, the club owns the spot. The only way a team can move clubs and stay in the same division is if the new club has a spot open for the players to move to.

This is how the SC Knights moved from Div. 3 at the end of 2000/2001 to Surrey United Premier in 2001/2002.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Guys

That's not what I heard if a team wants to move they should get in touch with Neil Fuge . I know of a team in Div 3 that is moving into Div 2 & the club didn't know if they wanted 2 Div 2 teams so the coach talked to Neil & found out that they can go independent if they want & they will kept there spot because they earned the promotion.:)

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: poco changes?

Okay, Girth, because you asked so nicely...

The coaching decision was made last year. He decided to hang up the whistle and take some time to himself. It caused a few problems for awhile, because we didn't know what direction we wanted to take, but everything is sorted out now and Poco will be back trying to defend the League Championship.

Admittedly, it will be hard without Bryn Yendley, Brian Grostad or Esteban Pena. These three are starters for any team and are pretty much impossible to replace. But we made our strides last year without a team of "stars". We were deep enough to keep rolling despite any injuries or suspensions we incurred. That philosophy hasn't changed.

At the end of the year, we just hope to be competitive with Peace Arch, Golden Ears, Surrey City and Alouette.:rolleyes: We keep hearing such great things from these teams and it sure is intimidating.;)

Here's to sipping from the League and Pak cups - if RF will let us.

The humble Monkey

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco three missing players

Estaben Pena - calling it quits
Bryn Yendley- new job
Brian Grostad- moving to a new continent

I guess i could have said that they were all going to ALU buy why would anyone even joke about that.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
POCO

Hopefully no-one else is leaving Poco. I think that Poco will be fine without those three players. Some players will be in different positions but the players should be able to compete and maybe improve on their play from last year. Jason Kirby will be healthy for next year which will help and there is no lack of experience. Hopefully they have a coach.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco lives

I'm sure Poco will find a way to be competetive next year. Good teams always do. Always sorry to see good players leave the FVSL. Best of luck.

a short aside though:

Bored,

Deciding to do a little spring/summer cleaning. I happened upon a collectors relic! A 1987 BC High School Soccer Provincial Championship program!!!! :D Sifting through the old pages, past my own team, I skimmed through the pic. and list of the Centennial Centaurs team!!, and recognized one name in particular. He was third from the left in the front row. I believe he was also named to the FVSL all-star team this year. ;) Remember those days? love the mullets!

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
skip

Good times indeed, we had a good team that year.

The 'hockey hair' gotta love it. You didn't play for that North Delta team did you?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nope. Queen Elizabeth. Deep in the heart of Slllllluury. :)

If we didn't have Paul Segovia (coach) renting us strippers and buying us beers that weekend. I'm SURE we would have finished better than 9th. :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league just lost a clinical finisher.

And one of the better trash talkers.

He's a brutally boring TTP poster through, and he has awful English language skills.;)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Bored

Originally posted by Rangerforever
The league just lost a clinical finisher.

Ranger,

I think your confused Brian plays for PoCo, I think your talking about another Brian Grostad in the league:eek: ;) :D

Really though, Grostad is a great player and his spot will not easily be filled.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whos in the league next year ??

lets hear the line up of the bush league lads

Uncle sid says that p.a.u will win the fcuking boomerang bush league,the cup they might even win the Stanley cup;) :D

best of luck tossers

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not one to stir it up.....

BUT,
I over-heard a little conversation...

"Too bad we didn't make it into the PAK Final.
We would have pissed all over our Surrey FC feeder team."

;)

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Retirement

I will pass the messages along, thanks guys.

I will still be posting from time to time.

Best of luck to everyone next year.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grostad

Take care Brian!!!

Beware, the return of the beloved AXEL.

Next monday.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bored

B.G. are you in aussie now??

hope you have success down under if your all ready there!!

put a chucken on the babie

ga day

cheers gary ;) :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0