Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002/2003 Rumours and Gossip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
time to stir the pot

PAU - to show couple of new faces, new signings from VMSL premier, still lookin for forwards that can score;)

ALU - Team going tits up, Corr was the dollar store glue that held the team, PoCo and Surrey to Scoop any good players they had, Razor to head the team closer to the bottom of the table from their good finish last year

PoCo - whole new look with new coach, some key players not confirmed returning, 5 starters not returning

GEU - coach did not pick too great players cause they did not live in the area :rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What will happen with Mears and Sully now? Surely they only came to AU because of Gary.

Mears, Sully, & Slater were all suited up for the Bohemians (Saperton A) in our match against them Friday. So was Ritchie Sumner. A theorist may say that Mears & Sully are following Sid back to MF, and Slater may go join SFU Clan. I can't see SFC recruiting any of these guys- no connection (except, perhaps through the Rangers), no fit. I think the club is eager to promote from within, and keep the team somewhat young.

Skytrain- waste of text! Give us some substance man! shite or get off the pot! Are you in, or out?

Here's a wrinkle- one of the Poco Managers was giving a good pitch to a certain SFC striker (who has scored 7 goals against Poco in two games this summer) at our game out at NAP earlier in the BSL season...:eek: Seems they want to get younger, without giving up too much to inexperience.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
time for Dude to take his Midol

Dude,

Heard the same about Sully/Mears/Slater. Players I have heard are not the same that may trickle to PoCo or Surrey. PoCo Managers looking at a Slurrey forward? Maybe for Div 1, not Premier. Skytrain to stay as he can not part with the PoCo cooler.:D

FYI: I was not one of the 'key players' undecided about returning

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain

Skytrain, you are a beer god. Well, next to Snowman and HomeWrecker.

P.S. Tell your kid to stop phoning me!!!!!

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain

you will see a totally diffrent team from last season with only a couple of guys from last season's team . :)

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: time for Dude to take his Midol

Originally posted by Skytrain

FYI: I was not one of the 'key players' undecided about returning

we knew you weren't one of the "key players" :eek: ;)

Sagelikesthemstirred,notshaken

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fields

Does anybody have any new home fields to brag about?

Doesn't the SC club have access to a new synthetic grass field with lights?

What two teams gets Fri night games: Prem, Rangers, Storm, or Royals??

In Delta its always the Prem & CAT team that get John Oliver for Fri nights. I guess its to make all players available to both teams every weekend.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Surrey United has 30 hours a week/Month (not sure which) of light time at the new turf field. That's for the whole club I'm sure. (Yes, even the valley guys, Dude :rolleyes: ) I can hardly wait to drink in the change rooms that started off a life long love-a-fair with beer.

Loonie toss anyone?

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
any relegations?

so what happened this year with premier bottom two teams moving down and top two div 1 going up.Was it cause teams already had premier spots or what?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not positive but I heard last night that Aldergrove and Surrey United were sent down. That would mean that..........after reviewing the standings from last year Aldergrove may keep their spot, and it looks like Langley will be moving up. Aldergrove will keep their spot due to the fact that Poco United, and Surrey City both already have Premier clubs. What a confusing mess.

Can anyone confirm this?

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR

your right LUFC & Aldergrove United are the 2 teams coming into premier next year but Aldergrove has to make some changes in order to stay up there .I heard there Div 1 team is going to go backto the Masters over 35's.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR- that actually makes sense. There can't be two teams from the same club in the Premier league. Aldergrove gets in because they finished high enough, and were fortunate Poco and SFC already has spots.

Yes, they'll need to make big changes to stay up. To start, a change in philosophy and selection procedure will help. Sending the "old boys club" to over 35 will help. KNVB- be prepared to receive more piss-taking, live, on Tuesday and Thursday evenings! The enevitable exhibitions should be fun...;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think they even know. Demo...scoop? Or are you keeping conveniently quiet so as to not piss anyone off from within?;) :eek:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, the Langley Thunder are part of the LUFC club, although the last couple of years they seemed to be like an independant team from the rest of the club. It all stemmed back to when we had a premier spot with the LUFC A team and the Thunder didn't want to support it, which drew animosity between the Thunder and the Club.
I don't quite know the whole story of what is going on for next season, whether Lufc A will be the Cat team or if Langley is going to integrate the U-21.
Once I hear I'll let you know.

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Questions

Is Surrey United losing their Premier spot??

If a team leaves a club, do they get to keep their spot in the Div. which they played or does the club retain that spot??

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco changes?

So lets hear about poco's 5 starters not returning and the change in coaching,was it the players decision or the coach wanting out?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Questions

Originally posted by Milhouse
Is Surrey United losing their Premier spot??

If a team leaves a club, do they get to keep their spot in the Div. which they played or does the club retain that spot??
I tried so hard not to quote but I had to.

The answer is yes. Surrey United has lost their FVSL Premier spot, and rightly so. They were fcuking horrible last year, as was their CAT team.

If a team leaves a club then I think that they have to start from the bottom, and the club retains the spot. I could be wrong. Ask AU Razor. He knows everything:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts