Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Youth soccer levels

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who fuking cares about youth levels ( we are not a soccer priority country) ( We never will be either) ... I say let the damn kids play the way they want to play... The good ones will rise to top and be noticed....

The youth we raise are gonna be in tough for years to come..

Let them be kids and have fun as they are entitled to

Dude: get a taser for the parents who get out of line

Mr. Base: I appreciate your passion for wanting to make a difference but u need to stop wasting your time cause they wont listen

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingo...so, as a kid, what is more fun? Having an opportunity to really play, and be involved in the play, or being one of several pawns being told to "get the ball to fast Johnny"?

I can tell you that universally, of all the kids I've coached, they have more fun when they have an opportunity to use the skills taught in practice, and they have no pressure to kick it out of danger. That's why proper coaching and teaching at the lowest levels is so important- to make it more fun, because the more time on the ball, the more success in using skills, not just kicking a ball, the more fun they have.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for parents- most fall in line very quickly after explained to them. I've have one where I "encouraged" him to leave the team because he just didn't get it. All others have been great.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingo...so, as a kid, what is more fun? Having an opportunity to really play, and be involved in the play, or being one of several pawns being told to "get the ball to fast Johnny"?

I can tell you that universally, of all the kids I've coached, they have more fun when they have an opportunity to use the skills taught in practice, and they have no pressure to kick it out of danger. That's why proper coaching and teaching at the lowest levels is so important- to make it more fun, because the more time on the ball, the more success in using skills, not just kicking a ball, the more fun they have.

I take it you weren't fast Johnny, Dude. ;) :D

It really is simple to me.....the thing that needs to be taught at any age is the ability to compete.....if your kids have this installed in them, they can only become better players IF they are taught the fundamentals of the game at an earlier age. The easiest thing to do is blame other coaches for what you're not doing as a coach. I've heard parents say it....As long as coaches are in coaching for the right reason and reason ONLY being to help the players become better players AND enjoy themselves while doing it....there will be success. Coaches in the 'elite' teams LOVE taking credit for good players but the reality is, there has been someone else along the way who has helped develop a player to that level. I know it's hard to believe but there are good club coaches who DON'T get paid and there always has been.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mirror, I"ve seen plenty of 'poor' coaches in the older ages......too many who are concerned about wins and losses than in player development.

Gold/Silver coaches can be just as good as Metro/Select coaches........just depends on their ability to deal with kids.......

No argument from me, Capt!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska they do listen and listen well. It is how you show the kis. You must be able to show kids the moves and they will get it.The truble is lots of coaches talk the talk but can not do the walk. You would be surprised to see how much kids lear. If you only worry about development. Biggest trouble is local soccer here they keap scores in U 7 soccer, when kids come to 11 a side at U13 they are lost. They only kick the ball and chase. They are scared to make a mistake. I realy do not care about wins till U 15 and up. After fifteen we must drive towards tactical soccer and set plays,man marking, moving in to space at correct times and making sure you play as a team. And pPolska there is always drivers going south. That the part of talking a chance. All is fun as long as you get back with out as aui.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I,m not sure but apparently there,s a a rule by clubs during winter soccer that boys select coach,s starting from u10/u11 must have their own son on the team. Is this true ?
Even to become assistant coach your son must be on the team.

This is unfair on kids and parents .
1-what if your son is only house level and u want to coach a higher level team ?

2-A coach may have been coaching a team from u6 and at u10 the team is top notch but the sons game may have gone down due to injuries or for whatever reason.If u have to keep your son then he,s not really going to be able to keep up with the rest of the players.

The kid should be allowed to play for another team at the level that he is best suited to.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie, I want to know where you hear these things? :confused:

Me too! :confused:

Where I coach the coaches are selected after there son/daughter is evaluated by technical director of club. At Metro the policy is for the most part a no coach-child relationship on the team.

HJ

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska they do listen and listen well. It is how you show the kis. You must be able to show kids the moves and they will get it.The truble is lots of coaches talk the talk but can not do the walk. You would be surprised to see how much kids lear. If you only worry about development. Biggest trouble is local soccer here they keap scores in U 7 soccer, when kids come to 11 a side at U13 they are lost. They only kick the ball and chase. They are scared to make a mistake. I realy do not care about wins till U 15 and up. After fifteen we must drive towards tactical soccer and set plays,man marking, moving in to space at correct times and making sure you play as a team. And pPolska there is always drivers going south. That the part of talking a chance. All is fun as long as you get back with out as aui.

:confused:

Attachments

• cookie-monster-wtf-is-this.jpg
    cookie-monster-wtf-is-this.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 84

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me too! :confused:

Where I coach the coaches are selected after there son/daughter is evaluated by technical director of club. At Metro the policy is for the most part a no coach-child relationship on the team.

HJ

The coach-child partnership can create problems like :
Other players/parents may think that the coach is favouring his kid /giving him more game time etc.
I feel the kid always feels pressured to do well in this situation.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
O Polska us as drug users I think you woud be broke over night. I just can not buy enough nets. When youngster thinks they need to replace the one full of holes. Lord help him just like his dad. Madness is to be blamed on a inbread. But one never knows where it will lead him. Lesen number two on the way. Cheers It must be the new manager. Or is it his dad. Now Polska I head you thinking with twisted English. This is malty caltural state. Be happy we do not need drugs. We just talk to Smart Coach and Croatia SC tubs and we get all the info for free. Come out and watch every so aften and you will see good guys working with kids to be soccer players in two three years. Bingger pops also thinks high. Low is low and hi is if you do somthing good.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
O Polska us as drug users I think you woud be broke over night. I just can not buy enough nets. When youngster thinks they need to replace the one full of holes. Lord help him just like his dad. Madness is to be blamed on a inbread. But one never knows where it will lead him. Lesen number two on the way. Cheers It must be the new manager. Or is it his dad. Now Polska I head you thinking with twisted English. This is malty caltural state. Be happy we do not need drugs. We just talk to Smart Coach and Croatia SC tubs and we get all the info for free. Come out and watch every so aften and you will see good guys working with kids to be soccer players in two three years. Bingger pops also thinks high. Low is low and hi is if you do somthing good.

Your place is TTP history is assured as a comedic self-parody. You never cease to amaze Mr. Base. Your ability to baffle and confound an entire community is virtuoso and near genius.

Rags...anyway to create a TTP hall of fame and force members into retirement?

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other players/parents may think that the coach is favouring his kid /giving him more game time etc.

:confused:

WTF?

I'm still wondering where you are hearing that coaches are picked based on the fact whether their son plays on that team or not?

Having said that, I might be coaching a U-15 metro team next year. :) :eek: I might have the opportunity to coach a youth team for a couple of years. :) Problem is my daughter won't be on the team as she is only U-13 next year. :mad: Hopefully they're still going to allow it to happen.

:rolleyes:

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, this could occur and I am sure that's why they try to remove bias as much as they can in all situations. Problem: soccer does not have an abundance of good coaches like hockey. My friends talk about their hockey coaching stories where they make fun of the odd hockey coach who can't skate etc. In hockey, this is rare.

Whereas , on a Saturday morning at Cloverdale Athletic park there are more jean clad - gum boot coaches than there are guys /gals who look like a coach. I know looks aren't everything but it tells a big part of the story and when you rub shoulders with these guys you can tell that they are, for the most part, good, sincere people who are just trying to provide an opportunity for 12 kids to play.

Once U11 rolls around you have about 3 to 5 qualified coaches in each age group who are able and willing to coach select soccer. This at the largest club in BC.

This argument is not the main challenge of developing our youth. I think there are much larger battles to be fought in order to improve soccer in this country. Let's not get caught up in the small details.

Peace.

HJ

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0