Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Cup run a stop

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know, not unwittingly. Look the matter of this whole diatribe I have been on is that We are not world beaters talent wise, but neither are Trinidad & Tobago. We have beat Costa Rica handily in the past, yet these teams have made the World Cup in recent times.

Each player individually is up for debate, generally speaking we have the horses, but no reigns...A good manager is needed, and that is the BEST money the CSA could spend, is on someone who will tell the CSA and the Government they want total control, good funding and zero interference. Poorer and worse talented countries than us have brought in good managers and it has changed their fortunes...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boys since you guys know it all why do we lose to Honduras with no pro league and a budget of very litle. And Dale has used all the studs you have pointed out.
I have nothing against Boby he is working for his own club. But i will give you four guys that have more skill than any guy on his team. Win or or not. Johny Sulentic can put them all in his back pocket when it comes to skill and a read of the game. Joe Morrelo Jr the same. When it comes to pace and skill. Muichael Devico better than all. When it comes to shots and scorring goals. Patric G from Victoria. When it comes to outsde wingback Brkich. All four under twenty seven years of age. Player that has played in Europe on a club team was Brkich. Now you can say anything these are guys could posibly save it for him. Lenski is not dumb he will never fall for that crap.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that Sulentic played for German side St Pauli two or three years ago. Where did these other guys play. I know that Morello plays for Inter (of the VMSL mind you) hardly a world soccer power. Devico :confused:; Patrick G from Victoria :confused:; Brkich :confused:.......it's amazing they've been overlooked given their fine pedigree.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on JBN, you are really reaching there.

At first you blame the Jamaica loss on Onstad, that DM shouldn't have selected him, but then follow that up to prove a different point and say Onstad is a MLS allstar! This is soooooo typical "V" talk!

Sutton is mince, full stop. The only reason he is there is because Forrest retired. Our once strong point, keeper, is now one of the weakest. Lars is mince as well - the only reason the clueless think he is great is because of a 10 second spell in some Gold Cup game how many years ago? But who else is there in the system to play?

Stalteri? Seriously? Hint: Never use Paul Stalteri in an arguement to strengthen your points regarding quality Canadian players. Never!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Honduras does have a pro league. They also have David Suazo of Internazionale fame, Wilson Palacios of Wigan fame;) and Figueroa of Wigan fame;). They have a very good domestic league that is well supported and attended. Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Honduras - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, Dale used the Studs, and they lost...because Dale doesn't know how to "use studs"

Johnny Sulentic was an average player at FC St. Pauli in the Regionalliga Nord (third tier of German Football) and failed to make a go of it in Croatia with Dinamo if memory serves. He should have been back at the Caps after Germany, but I guess at the time that Bob Lilley had no want/need for him along with Davide Xausa. I haven't heard of the other guys Mr Freebase is talking about...I also know guys that are playing VMSL and FVSL that had stints with clubs overseas, does that make them solutions for Mitchell too?

And for the record, wikipedia and the Canadian Soccer association put Johnny Ive Sulentic at 28 years old, not "under 27" like you posted, December 24th, 1979.

And for the third time in this thread, Lensky is RETIRED FROM FOOTABLL DUE TO PERSONAL REASONS.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, I also put that while they are both all stars they are "Well Past their best before date" however they are playing prominent roles for their sides in the Premier League in North America. Whatever that is worth.

Our 1 glaring weakness at the moment is in goals, the others could be addressed with tactics and time, but if your keeper is garbage he is garbage.

Forrest would probably still be our #1 if he wanted to be.

Stalteri is/was playing in the world's best club league, again I only used that as an example, take it for what it is worth.

The Canadian team suffers a lack of quality after De Ro, De Guzman, and Hutchinson, I admitted as much. That being said, i think our other players in the selection pool have similar to better resumes than the countries we are competing against, save maybe Mexico and the Yanks.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just did a quick quick google...looks like Mr. Base is campaigning to have his nephew or something Capped.. :rolleyes:

Michael Brkich is the only relevant name that pops up, as him spending a menial amount of time for a club in Croatia's "3 Zapad" for a club called NK KRK

so a guy that played third team football in Croatia for a short while is our solution? Because he can score from past 25 yards? I know Johnny can do that, I seen him hit a magic free kick at the ACBC Tourney during the summer of 07 when he hit a no=step free kick stunner past the Cliff Ave keeper...but doing that at Burnaby lakes is a little different than doing that against Mexico at Azteca or against Honduras at BMO.

You know what...Roberto Giacomi was released by Rangers reserves with time left on his contract a few years back, I wonder if he can help with our keeper problems? ;)

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN said:
Forrest would probably still be our #1 if he wanted to be.

As JBN wrote "if memory serves", Forrest f....up in Australia when Canada lost 2-1 in WC qualifier match. I believe the winner of that game went to play Argentina for the final spot. Argentina was playing the shite at the time with Maradona included. My point is if Onstad fail once (important one nevertherless) I truly believe that he did not have the intention to do so.

My two cents.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canada playing a WC Qualification match in Australia (member of different FA than CONCACAF) with the Winner to play Argentina (member of CONMEBOL) ??? Maybe, if this was the playoff, but then why would three different FA's be competing in a playoff round, and if that is true, than it was the last stage of Qualification...

And that is NOT where we are today, if we get to that point and lose, those are the breaks, but to get to this point and be sitting on ONE point is laughable...

Of course Onstad did not intend to gift jamaica the draw, but he has gaffed at bad times in WCQ before... this is nothing new to him.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN...you're showing your age.

This goes back to about '92 / '93. Canada had played reasonably well through qualifying, but were still sitting behind Mexico. US had the other spot. They actually came close to beating Mexico on points, but didn't. There was a "back door" way to qualify through the Oceanic group, then Argentina. Cana- if I remember correctly- actually had a 1-0 lead in Australia, heading into the 2nd half, and choked. It was heartbreaking as I watched it on the TV at the upper bar at Mardi Gras, New West.

I'm pretty sure I pulled a cougar in town from Tennessee that night. Bitch ripped a button off my $30 silk shirt.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just looked at your link, and fcuk me I have a good memory.

Anyone remember that goal Dom Mobilio scored at Swanguard? He was a second half sub, and was positioned near the oposition touchline when the ball popped loose to him, and in the blink of an eye, full volley, goal. One of the greatest of many great goals Mobilio scored.

Who was that against? Anyone remember? Thinking it was actually either Honduras or Costa Rica.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a matter of fact, it was purple! Mardis Gras had a dress code in those days, and the cougs loved the purple silk shirt. It was fcuking money, I tell you.

Money.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know that Purple Silk shirts were all the rage when my mother dressed me in them and sent me off to school, and I would come home feeling bad because all the kids took the piss out of me all day, just to turn on the TV after homework to see Jerry Seinfeld wearing one :D and he managed to pull babes all the time ;)

maybe that had more to do with his "size 31 Levi's" ;)

Ahhh, to be 12 again ;)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see that some of you do know a bit. As far as Demico he is just a youngster around 19. As far Joe Morello do not kid your self. Our national midfielders do very little defending in our last third. That resalts in those goals from around 18 yards. Joe is a fine defender and he can also play in the midle of the park. A setup guy that can see the field. He is not stuck on three four yard circle work. You guys know Johny can hit the ball and knows how to hold on to it. One only can be dumb by not taking a guy like him. He will give you all he has for forty five minutes what more do you want. And the other guys just the same. As far as your silk shirts and a colurs no coment. Perheps you guys think that some guys like men or somthing like that. Just take a look at their girl friends and you might change your mind. Picaso knows how to carve they do know how to pick good looking. It is fun lisening to you guys. I hope Dale and Nik is reading these posts it might open up their eyes a bit. I do know Nick does not like anybody that has more skill than he does. But he is a good guy and we all support his doings.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You guys know Johny can hit the ball and knows how to hold on to it. One only can be dumb by not taking a guy like him. He will give you all he has for forty five minutes what more do you want.
Umm, for the CANADIAN NATIONAL TEAM you need more than 45 minutes, the game goes for 90 you know ;)

If you are dumb not taking him there are a lot of dumb people out these, or he would be playing professionally still ;)

I'm sure you knew that though...:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, I want a dig at the National team.....with all these names being thrown about, surely I'm due a chance? :confused:

BTW, I was on the QUAD 2000 winning Richmond Town. I would have to say that was the highlight of my playing career but I don't think many on this site can boast to have been part of such an historical group of footballers. It was also when the Richmond Winter League was the best league in B.C., perhaps Canada, and maybe even the world with La Liga right behind it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am sure you did hear what Michell has pointed out. And that was that his squad did noh have enough depth. What that means is that subs are not as strong as the first eleven. And why would he start any new guy over a guy that has spilt blod to be there.
Any new guy comming can only be a sub till he proves to his team mates that is deserves to start. Guy like Johny Joe Michal are all the guys that have lots of experiance.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0