Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Cup run a stop

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the best number I have ever read on here. Tenty!
That's right up there with threeve.

"Let's see what you wagered - Eleventy Billion dollars. Thats not even a real number"

"Yet" Keanu Reeves, SNL

If only the CSA could get their hands on those kind of figures.

In all seriousness, It wont make a difference the amount of money the CSA has, if it is mismanaged as it would be under the current management.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your information on Brennen. I realy do not car what he makes. All I care that he shuts his traps when it comes to Canada. Local kids first have to go to USL league, only Inglish kids get the chance to play in Ingland other kids would have to be members of Europian Union in order to get get a chance at green card. Caps try to make money and only sighn American kids. They have few Canadian guys and a youngest guy is around thirty years of age. Maybe in next few years things will change Boby is trying to develop kids in PDL and in PCSL. It takes four years to get two or three guys ready. This is where thing break down. And Dale gets blamed for somthing that he has no controll of. Now think how does a guy take care of his family on twenty thousand a year. Maybe with funny buisness. Cheers. They have called Charles and that alone is a plus.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for your information on Brennen. I realy do not car what he makes.
So why is it then, you go and state that there are more capable guys that decided to instead go to UBC and SFU to get degrees? Surely a lot of the guys that decided to do that are making far less than Brennan is now ;) Further to that, if there were more 'capable' players surely TFC would pay them that and make them their skipper no? ;)
All I care that he shuts his traps when it comes to Canada.
Why? The ship is sinking, and already there are more players voicing frustrations with not only Mitchell, but the CSA at large...perhaps you should get a kick at the can :p

Local kids first have to go to USL league, only Inglish kids get the chance to play in Ingland other kids would have to be members of Europian Union in order to get get a chance at green card.
Wrong again Mr freebase. Local kids can go overseas, ask Dani Fernandez, from East Van that is Portugals #3 keeper and starts in Greece with Olympiacos or Panathinakos or whatever. Ask Jacob Lensky who went to Scotland with Celtic and then to Feyenoord in Holland, what about Jonothan De Guzman who went to Holland, his Mom is Jamaican and his Dad is Fillipino

Caps try to make money and only sighn American kids. They have few Canadian guys and a youngest guy is around thirty years of age. Maybe in next few years things will change Boby is trying to develop kids in PDL and in PCSL. It takes four years to get two or three guys ready.
You could try to be more wrong, but you would fail.
Of the 11 players that figured in the USL Final 7 were Canadian (2 of which were naturalized in Gbeke and Sebrango) Ethan Gage is 17 years old FFS!!! and the bench was littered with Canadians. Even if your wild assertation was true, explain to me exactly how signing older Yank players helps the Caps 'make more money?!" You do know the Whitecaps are legally a Non-Profit society right? :rolleyes:
This is where thing break down. And Dale gets blamed for somthing that he has no controll of.
Dale gets blamed because he selects the wrong players, selects the wrong tactics, and then refuses to make in game adjustments and they get humped. If the players were the problem, most of them would not be overseas making a great living playing professional football.:mad:

Now think how does a guy take care of his family on twenty thousand a year. Maybe with funny buisness. Cheers.
Ok, here you go again, you fcuking moron. People all over Canada support their family, or at least try on 20k...But how exactly does a young guy (the people you are purporting to be asking to be playing) going to be having to support a family? Do you know many 17 and 18 year old kids with a wife, 3 kids and a large mortgage!?:rolleyes: You are really a fcuking donkey...Funny business, like maybe having a part time job as a bartender or waiter, or at a soccer store, or doing pro coaching camps?
They have called Charles and that is a plus

Yeah, because he is:
1. Young :rolleyes:
2. Born in Canada :rolleyes:
3. Has a great record of consistency :rolleyes:
4. Has a great reputation for work ethic and training habits:rolleyes:
(I'm assuming you are speaking of Charles Gbeke, the Whitecaps hero from Sunday)

Again Mr Base, you are a windbag for the ages, full of hot air and shite. You speak out of your ass, with no facts to support any of your ramblings and many people here, probably like me, wish you would go away.:mad:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record Mr Base, there is this thing called the internet, you can do research on it...

Here is the Whitecaps roster, I found it on the internet!;)

11 Nicholas Addlery Jamaican, 27*
23 Vicente Arze Bolivian, 23*
31 Tyler Baldock Canadian, 24*
6 Luca Bellisomo Canadian, 22*
4 Wesley Charles St Vincent & Grenadines, 33
2 Jeff Clarke M Canadian, 31
17 Randy Edwini-Bonsu Canadian, 18*
20 Ethan Gage D Canadian, 17 :eek:
98 Charles Gbeke F Canadian, come Ivory Coast, 30
22 Takashi Hirano M Japanese, 34*
15 Omar Jarun D Palestine , 25*
26 Jason Jordan F Canadian, 30*
28 Diaz Kambere D Canadian, 23*
8 Steve Kindel D Canadian, 31
27 Stefan Leslie M Canadian, 21*
12 Geordie Lyall D Canadian, 32*
24 Lyle Martin D American, 23
3 Navid Mashinchi D/M Iran, 19*
25 Justin Moose M American, 25
7 Martin Nash M Canadian, 33
1 Jay Nolly G American, 26
19 Dever Orgill F Jamaican, 18*
16 Eduardo Sebrango F Canadian come Cuba, 35
0 Simon Thomas G Canadian, 18*
18 Mason Trafford D Canadian, 22*
9 Alfredo Valente M Canaidan, 28
*denotes they did not play in USL1 Final
9 of that list are not Canadian, 2 are Naturalized Canadians, and only 9 total players are 30 or older.

Where in there is Lenarduzzi not doing his job or helping the CSA develop players!!??:mad:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to daisy chain posts here either...not intentionally anyways...

There are swirling rumours that both Ethan Gage and Edwini Bonsu could be headed for Europe soon. Both are now available for selection to the Canadian u-20's and will be called.

The residency program has been around for 1 fcuking year, and it has developed two players into players with potential careers in Europe whilst going to a final in the PDL (team of teenagers losing in the final against MEN all year)and supplying the Caps with two young players that went from depth to Ethan Gage actually taking Omar Jarun's job for the last 6 games of the year!

Toronto now has their academy up and running and Montreal is not far behind (supposedly)

I'd say that some good building blocks for the future of player development are in place in this country, aside fron the collegiate routes availble to our youth (either NCAA or Canadian) and they have not come from the CSA, they have come from the Pro Clubs, who will turn elite youngsters into pro footballers.

mr Base figures :
It takes four years to get two or three guys ready.
:rolleyes:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for your information.Lenski is a Cheks and that in Europian Union. His fother has the papers. Same for Fernades his forher and his mom are from Portugal and they have the paper. Thats how it works. Same woud go for my sun if country joins Euro Union.
I was born overthere and i do know the ropes. As far as club acadamies they are nothing more than a soccer schools that coast up to four thousan dollars a player.
And only few kids make it. In order for us to do better we have to find the best we have at no more then twenty years of age and Buy in to a League club. Use that only for Canadian team and we will have fifteen guys to draw from. Rest is controlled system that only works somtimes. Dale and Nick must have free hands to build the team.
Forget the board system. Best payers are not on the top. Fried of a frien is there.
Thats why guy like Lenski does not see the pitch. Grow up and think for Canada forget the money making clubs. They are no help to us. This why we are where we are.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To answer your qute on Lenerduzzi. He is doing all he can, his job is to take care of his own club and not of our National side.Forget thirty year olds to come and play. We need young guys that stand a chance to get better. Most of the guys you put on paper would have a problem making PCSL. The guys from Victoria is twenty two years opld. He can run at world speed and can play the game but most of all he is deadly from twenty yards out. Most of the world cup clubs set a trap at tweny five yard. That is why we have problem scorring. Can not get in to the last third fior the life of us. Take a look at game tapes and than talk. You have to have pace players at that level. Lenski has it. But somthing is ???. Do not know what it is and have no coment.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just for your information.Lenski is a Cheks and that in Europian Union. His fother has the papers. Same for Fernades his forher and his mom are from Portugal and they have the paper. Thats how it works. Same woud go for my sun if country joins Euro Union.
I was born overthere and i do know the ropes. As far as club acadamies they are nothing more than a soccer schools that coast up to four thousan dollars a player.
And only few kids make it. In order for us to do better we have to find the best we have at no more then twenty years of age and Buy in to a League club. Use that only for Canadian team and we will have fifteen guys to draw from. Rest is controlled system that only works somtimes. Dale and Nick must have free hands to build the team.
Forget the board system. Best payers are not on the top. Fried of a frien is there.
Thats why guy like Lenski does not see the pitch. Grow up and think for Canada forget the money making clubs. They are no help to us. This why we are where we are.

Epic! :D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong wrong and wrong. Just because you are born in the former Yugoslavia does not make you an expert on the matter.

Lenski, Fernandez aside...Jon De Guzman and his brother Julian went overseas in their teens and had no EU paperwork. If you are good enough, you will make it, money or no money. Also, Lenski quit the game, for personal reasons. I have a friend that is mates with him and it is unfair to post here what happened with him and his career, since it is personal, but he didn't make it because of himself.

Only a few kids make it because it is "the dream" comparitively speaking to hockey, .001 percent of the Canadian kids laying hockey at the various levels will ever lace it up in "The Show" Soccer is no different. Just because some kid from Vancouver knows someone in your probably vast Eastern European family does not make him good enough to: A) Earn a pro contract here or overseas or; B) Play for even Minnows Canada internationally

How are Canadian Kids going to get better (good enough to compete in CONCACAF) if they are playing in a league against their Canadian Peers!? They are only going to get better by playing under better coaches (De Santis in Montreal is a very good coach and trainer and Thordasson here in vancouver is also a very good coach and trainer of players) and by playing against bette players in better leagues (whether or not that is in North America, Europe, South America, or the Freaking Middle East.
The CSA does not have the funds to run a Canada wide Youth Semi Pro development league like the PDL. The PCSL and CSL have no revenue streams and make zero money...they break even at best. 3 of the current 14 MLS clubs make money...as a matter of fact I would hedge a bet that financially anyways, the USL may be the best league as far as money goes in the whole of North America.

We are not the USA, we don't have politicians that see value in throwing many many dollars into what is really the third or fourth most attended spectator sport in Canada, the only reason more kids play soccer than hockey, baseball, lacrosse, and football (respectively) in Canada is because enrolling your little Jimmy in Soccer is cheaper than daycare and it teaches your kid good life lessons like teamwork, and how to make friends. Dale will be out of a job very soon. I hope Nick avoids the cut, he got a glowing endorsement along with Hart when Brennan popped off two weeks ago.

For Canada, the best thing that can happen for Soccer is for Soccer People that in touch with reality to run the show, and work in concert with the current three pro team in the country, work with key leagues overseas where our boys can go and learn (Germany, Holland, and some Scandinavian Leagues) while fostering relationships with the Provincial Governing bodies and the Elite Training Programs. The days of Bureaucrats and former CEO's running the show of the CSA should be over.

Lennarduzzi was bang on when he commented to Gilchrist in the Sun two weeks ago when he said if the CSA is not willing to work with and take the advice of the Pro teams in Canada they have their "Heads up their ass"

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
To answer your qute on Lenerduzzi. He is doing all he can, his job is to take care of his own club and not of our National side.Forget thirty year olds to come and play. We need young guys that stand a chance to get better. Most of the guys you put on paper would have a problem making PCSL. The guys from Victoria is twenty two years opld. He can run at world speed and can play the game but most of all he is deadly from twenty yards out. Most of the world cup clubs set a trap at tweny five yard. That is why we have problem scorring. Can not get in to the last third fior the life of us. Take a look at game tapes and than talk. You have to have pace players at that level. Lenski has it. But somthing is ???. Do not know what it is and have no coment.
Lenarduzzi is doing his job fcukwit! He is running the best damn program outside of the MLS in North America. And he is producing players that have and will feature in the Canadian mens Side (Adrian Caan for one, Ethan Gage and others will feature sometime down the line)
Which of the guys I put on paper would have a tough time making the PCSL!?:confused::confused::confused:
We don't have problems scoring because "World Cup clubs" set traps, it is because Mitchell puts Donkey Rob Friend by himself up front with nobody to help him by playing off his shoulder, it is because we don't play to our strengths, it is because our Right Full Back (Stalteri) is old and gets caught out for pace on the counterattacks. We lose because Mitchell selects Onstaad to start instead of Sutton on TFC's homepitch and he drops a ball in our net against Jamaica. It is becuase we are humping Honduras all over the park, and when Radzinski gets hurt Mitchell doesn't have a clue how to adjust, the Honduran coach does, and we get badly exposed for the next 60 minutes!

You have no fcuking clue what you are talking about.

Lensky has the pace eh?! Is that why he kept blowing his hamstrings and having back problems in Holland? Is that why he featured for their(celtic and feyenoord) mens team once in three years!?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Lensky

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't beleive you actually want Mr Base to stop posting. What on earth could keep me so entertained??? :D

:bronco:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe for one instant how someone so dense, so thick, can be exposed repeatedly and not have the shame to just fade away...

fcuk me this guy is a real gem :D

I just cannot understand how people around Canada can sit there and point at the reason for our National Team doing poorly as being the lack of pro teams for either development of our national players, or a place for them to play together...It boggles the mind.

The reason Canada is hard up for results internationally is that the CSA is deeply flawed, beyond repair, and needs to be blown up, started over from scratch and probably needs to be run by the top down, by foreigners from a European FA or somewhere they know how to do what they need to while all the while keeping the politicos happy. Also the Management of the Mens team has been diabolical since Mitchell took over after Canada's hapless appearance at the U-17 tourney under his watch here on home soil where we couldn't muster 1 solitary goal under his command.

Shocking.

Keep in mind Montreal is/has gone deep in the Concacaf CL and the Caps just won their League Championship.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one thing I will take issue with is the criticism of DM and his selections & "in-game tactics". Sorry JBN, but you are no better than the typical "V" with those comments.

Other than JDG, I can't think of a single Canadian making an impact in a high-level European league.

EVERYONE overrated Canada this go around INCLUDING the players themselves. They are not good enough to steer the ship themselves.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lack of talent aside (and JBN there is a serious lack of talent in this country) there is neither the political will nor the public to stomach it in this country.

First: Hockey was, is and always will be number one in terms of political and public support.

Second: It is true that there is a ravenous soccer population in Canada. Problem is, it is largely ethnic and allegiances (Mr Base aside) reside almost solely with the mother country. One need only drive down Commercial Dr on any given match day to see that.

Third: Talent is lacking plain and simple. The players that do play overseas are fringe and marginal in their respective leagues AT BEST. Canada can never hope to compete on the elite world stage.

Let me put it to you this way. Does Slovenia now hope to be a mainstay in the A pool of hockey because Anze Kopitar plays in the NHL????

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
De Rosario could easily be playing on any team outside of the "Big 4" in the English Premier League. Same could probably be said of Atiba Hutchinson.

I will be the first to admit there is a big drop off in talent from those three guys to next pack. That being said we have enough talent to compete in CONCACAF, and given the right draw and groupings, should be able to at the very least compete well into the latest stages of the World Cup Qualifiers and even Qualify if the right groupings/draws happened for us, everyone will admit to a little bit of luck going a long way into advancing...Getting Mexico in our group would not be as favorable as say getiing the Yanks...

I didn't see the last game, and probably will not watch the game in Edmonton, as it will most likely ruin my day...

That being said, Mitchell failed miserably in his selection of a keeper in Toronto for the Jamaica game (i know hindsight is 20-20) but that should have been Sutton's game, he plays on that park three times a week at least, and with a pro TFC/Canada crowd it should have been his game. As it stood, Onstaad fumbled a ball into his own net.
The game vs Honduras was a laugher. We were taking the piss out of them for the first 15 minutes of the game, and admittedly, if Gerba's crossbar goes in the net, the game is probably done and dusted at 2-0, instead Radzinski gets hurt (not Mitchells fault) but then he introduces Hume to the Left and pushes DeRo to the Right, and things got sloppy, instead of righting the ship at halftime and drawing up a new game plan, the Hondurnas come out and start to expose us up the flanks, once they levelled the game any manager worth his salt would have adjusted the midfield and full backs to compensate, and as it stood, He say on his bench, never once going to the technical area to make adjustments, and we get humped for the last 30 minutes...

Fact is Mitchell's record speaks for itself. He had a decent team here in canada for the youth tourney and they couldn't muster one goal, Hart had his Nats team one bad pro yank call away from the Gold Cup Final. The CSA then pulls the rug out from under Hart and gifts the team to Mitchell and they have been poor to abysmal at best since (The decent result vs a disinterested and jetlagged Brasil team not withstanding)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
De Rosario could easily be playing on any team outside of the "Big 4" in the English Premier League.

I beg to differ. If he could, he would. What possible advantages either professionally or monetarily does he have for being in MLS???? Fact is, Canada is a 3rd world soccer nation for a multitude of reasons, most notable among them, however, is the lack of talent due to an unwillingness to pump money into the sport. It's not an accident that Canada is best hockey nation in the world, and it's not just because we have cold winters. There are plenty of "cold" countries that lick balls at hockey, probably for exactly the same reason that Canada stinks at soccer!!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Third: Talent is lacking plain and simple. The players that do play overseas are fringe and marginal in their respective leagues AT BEST. Canada can never hope to compete on the elite world stage.

Hutchinson is a major cog in the wheel that FC Copenhagen, a team that is the cream of their league in Denmark and is always appearing in the Champions League group stages

De Guzman is the best player (or at least the most valuble to his team) at Deportivo La Coruna in La Liga

De Rosario is one of the best players and has won multiple honours and titles in the best North American league with the Houston Dynamo.

Onstadd and Sutton (both well past their best before dates) are both standouts in the MLS with their respective teams

Rob Friend scores and has impact with one of the Largest clubs in germany and is a starter on an average Bundesliga side in Borussia Monchengaldbach

Stalteri (while also past his best before date) has been a fixture in the Barclays Premier League for 4 years and was a regular at Werder Bremen in the Bundesliga before that.

The rest of the side play in various leagues in Scotland, Belgium, The English Championship, Scandinavia and are impact to regulars in the starting 11 in their MLS sides

We should have enough quality to at least get to the dance, I don't think for one second that anyone here is saying that we have a shot at the World Cup.

Imagine howmuch stronger the team would be with Fernandez in goals, Hargreaves alongside De Guzman in Midfield and young Jon De Guzman on the Right Wing? Things owuld be a lot different...we would have easily won this group already and would be going to our first world cup in 22 years.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I beg to differ. If he could, he would. What possible advantages either professionally or monetarily does he have for being in MLS???? Fact is, Canada is a 3rd world soccer nation for a multitude of reasons, most notable among them, however, is the lack of talent due to an unwillingness to pump money into the sport. It's not an accident that Canada is best hockey nation in the world, and it's not just because we have cold winters. There are plenty of "cold" countries that lick balls at hockey, probably for exactly the same reason that Canada stinks at soccer!!!
De Rosario is 30 years old, so if he was to go today, he would have to be going to an up and coming team from the Championship, or move in January to a bottom feeder team, he is not African or English;), so that also may prove to be a hinderance. He also makes $325,000 CDN in Guaranteed Monies this year in the MLS... source: http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/9_7_08_salary_info_alpha.pdf

Why would he move? He would have to be given a contract in the region of 5,000 pounds a week in order to make roughly what he does at Houston, and the cost of living is a lot higher in Britain than in Texas, and he is one of the guys that is highly committed to the MLS and the Canadian Mens Program. He is a Superstar in the MLS and would be a relative unknown in Europe.

i would love to see him go over, but I'm sure that ship has sailed.

He has also scored game winning goals in games vs Chelsea and West Ham United in his career.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0