Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps- New Direction

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach's Paid More, than Players on the Field

When Stadnyc does'nt get the players he wants to sign for nothing, and the team is in last place in the standings and in attendance. Both his coach's will don the great white with blue jersey, to save the Caps Season and put them into the play-offs.

Not putting anything against Dom and Tony, I hope them the best, but how can a coach get the best out of his players, when the coach himself would not play for the team for the pitiful money the Stadnyc is offering.

Side note: Nial and Johnny have signed with the team, when does this take into effect, where they are no longer elligable for their VMSL club teams.
Anyone with any info on this?

HOSopenforoffersaskeepercoach:rolleyes:

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if Tony can blame any of the players for not wanting to play b\c they either have to take it or leave it!

I heard that they're signing the players but there going to try not to send the forms into the league until the last moment so players can still play in the VMSL.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ex-whitecaps

Heard from 1040.......................Jason Jordan gets a three week stint with the Colorado Rapids, and Rick Titus signs a two year deal with the MLS team in Denver. It'd be great to see JJ down there.

Sandman

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It really would be great. I expect the import restrictions will hamper him, unless he completely lights up the other players down there.

Titus: wasn't Stadnyk trying to get compensation in the form of payment? That would mean about $15,000.00 CDN, wouldn't it? I hope he doesn't fcuck up Titus's chance to get real pay for play.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Player Signings

There have been a few player signings this week and some players that are close to signing.

Names that I have heard that are signed or close to it, are Morris, Heald, Kindel, Clarkie, Dailly, and Regnier.

From what I have heard, the Caps coaches want the local players to play with their clubs as long as possible.
So players have signed contracts, but those contracts have not been registered with B.C. Soccer.
The Caps have said that they will delay putting in the contracts for as long as possible.

However, the date that I have heard that they will no longer be able to play with there club teams is May 1.
That is the day there contracts with the Caps start, but it is up to B.C. Soccer if they will let the local players play club soccer, even when they are training and playing exhibitions games with the Caps.

Training for the Caps starts in mid-March.

HOSisbackinOfficebaby:D

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the same thing from a pretty reliable source!

On a side note,

JJ is in Portugal on a tryout with the Colorado Rapids. They played Tuesday against Benfica's reserves and beat them 4-1. JJ went on in the second half and scored! He might not be coming back this year?

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regnier

HOS,

Its about time that lad got a chance to show his stuff on the big stage. :p

All skill and fit as butchers dog...all cokc and ribs!

Gaffawhowantspremiummembership!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
some new direction

It appears the Caps are signing the same team as they had last year only dropping a few while losing Titus to MLS & possibly JJ... also re-acquiring a couple of local lads Niall & Clakey and adding solid keeper Jim Larkin... looks like all of the right moves are in place for the Caps to be stronger than last year!!!
on the pitch:
-they have added talent
-got rid of Lennardbobaduzzi & Mitchell(not really on the pitch)
-added ex-players into coaching roles (Dom & Tony)
-signed most of their top players from last year

off the pitch all they need now is to:
-expand the capacity of Carlsberg Court to atleast 1500 (add some bleachers) the atmosphere is quite good if you can get in there before game time :rolleyes:
-move the bleachers from the fence up to the sidelines:cool:
-promote local talent (similar to the Ravens adds)

Lets hope the money saved in management salaries will be put to good use!!!

"White is the colour, soccer is the game"

fcuk those windy nights at empire stadium seem like yesterday!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's because it was just yesterday you were coloring outside the lines and playing with light bright....:rolleyes:

I heard tryouts are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week @ Burnaby. Also a little bird told me Tony does not want the guys to play in the VMSl after next week. They can, but he doesn't want them to. Can any confirm this?

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I heard, it's true! He doesn't want players to get hurt before the season starts.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So does that mean the toons have a No touch clause on Sulentic? :eek:

I'll get the beer ready Bronco.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We won't Pay You, But still don't Get Hurt

Contracts for the Caps start May 1, but Tony doesn't want any of the boys to play with their club teams while they train for the Caps while getting no money.

If the Caps boys are not getting paid, who is to say they will even show up to the training sessions, when they already have a contract.

I don't think the Caps fine players because they have to work and can't make training, how could they with the shity money that they are giving these guys.

Caps training starts next week, but it is actually Sportstoon training because none of the other boys will show up until April.

HOShatesCapsmoreandmore

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel bad for anyone who has to go to training next week b\c I don't care how fit they "think" they are Tony is going to run the shite out of them!!!!

He does some VERY intense training sessions and I'm sure he'll be doing alot more of it than he does with us!

Poor bastards! No money, no playing for fun AND they have to run and jump their asses off!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus,

Tony is just running you guys hard to toughen you up. He knows that the squad will be bullied in those pink uniforms you wear and wants everyone to be able to defend themselves.

I don't think he'll need to run the Caps as hard :rolleyes:

~TB.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Judging by the way Peg looked the last time we beat you (I mean played you), You needed alot more "toughening" than we do!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anybody from the TEAM 1040 is reading this thread, I'd like to do colour commentary for their Whitecaps broadcasts. Dolan can switch to play by play and Lee Powell can concentrate on putting everyone to sleep on the morning show with "Stat Geek" Cybalski.

No need to thank me.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0