Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps- New Direction

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lenarduzzi

I know this is a little late but how didn't anyone see this coming when Lenarduzzi was part of a group competing against Stadnyk to buy the team last year.He obviously paid more than what he wanted because of this.

Fonseca is a good choice but what kind of budget will Stadnyk give him to work with.Hoping the core of players will be returning seeing that they had a good year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a related subject, I heard a blurb today that Lars Hirschfield (sp) is on trial for an English team. Didn’t catch the name or div. Anyone hear about that?

Yeah, the writing was on the wall. I could have predicted that as soon as somebody took over new ownership. David Braley seemed to be more “hands-off”, and seemed to let Bobby run alone. That was evident from a fan’s perspective (which is where I see things from).

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Large Hirchfeld is apparently trying out for Portsmouth.

Braley was hands off because for him, the 86ers were essentially a tax write-off.
Stadnyk on the other hand would like to see the Whitecaps become a much bigger success. Replacing Lennard Bobaduzzi with a plate of Totelinni a la Pana would have been a great improvement.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the Love of the Game

Stadnyc: "If you play soccer in Vancouver, you are not playing for the money."

Player meetings taking place yesterday and today with Stadnyc, most playes offered less or same money as last year. With the higher profile players not being offered contracts (Tilley).

This is a joke, try to put a competitive team on the field, but don't spend any money doing it.
He wants another womens team that plays for free and produces on the field.
If he doesn't offer the local players any money, they will be looking at other A-league teams that will, and they do offer better money.
There are players out there that will play for free for him, they are playing U-18 soccer right now.

HOS: "If you own a soccer team in Vancouver, you are not a owner trying to make money.

I think Stadnyc has the same accountant as the Grizzlies did.

HOScandothebooksnexttime

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stadnyk

TheRob

Kindell will be the first of many more players that will reject the slap in the face contracts they will get offered.Maybe we can approach Stadnyk with a TTP all star team......nah he couldn't afford us neither:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Players, Sale on Old Kit

With all the Cap players from last year rejecting the contract offer, mabey a team could get a good deal on the Cap kit from last year.

Predction less than half of the Caps from last year sign, and the team finishes dead last in the A-league, with a team made up of Sportstown players.

HOScomingoutfortrainingcamp:rolleyes:

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
24 hour rule

Is Stadnyk for real,how can he give these guys 24 hours to make up their mind?????Poor Kindell got it right in the arse,I believe he was running the Pro Wave camps in Dunbar for the Caps for nearly nothing and now gets treated like that.If this keeps up,we might see Sportstown out there :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor Kindel? How about poor BC Soccer? This is an example of exactly what is wrong w/ being a good Canadian soccer player. We produce very good players…so why can’t we improve? Without an equivalent league to the MLS up here, we will always have these problems. Stadnyk will get away with this, because someone will be happy to take Steve’s place.

Can anyone expand on why he (Kindel) came back from Greece? I believe he went there for a short stint in the 1st div a few years ago. Is it more to do with having to battle import restrictions? Low pay? Homesickness? I’d really be interested to hear from others who have had stints overseas, and why they came back...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who Owns Pro-Wave

I have heard that this is Bobby's soccer school, and that Stadnyc just supported it.

Or is this part of Stadnycs Soccer SweatShop.

I thought Kindell was a loyall player to the Caps, for Stadnyc to slap him in the face like he did, is a slap in the face to the whole soccer community.

You can't cut cost by low balling every player that played for you last year.
Stadnyc won't even give out performance bonuses because he wants to know his exact costs before play starts in the Spring.

I hope last years Players stay together as a group and tell this guy where to go, because I thought the team did well on the field together and deserves to stay together with equal money or more money from the year before.

HOSagainstDavid"KathieLee"Stadnyc

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sulentic signed yesterday. He said by him signing he hopes the rest of the lads do as well...... Yeah! Ok Johnny just cause you did:rolleyes:

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You CAN cut cost's by paying players less money! I think it's crap but I can't say I blame the guy.......I wouldn't willingly throw away money on something, would you? I don't think there is another potential owner out there so if Stadnyck gives up then there will be no more White Caps!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cut Costs, Then Sell

Mabey Stadnyc is getting his costs down as low as possible, so the Whitecap team is more appealing to buyers.

This could be why Stadnyc doesn't want to give out player bonuses, so the cost of running the team is on paper before the season starts.

No players bonuses is a terrible idea, there should allways be an incentive for players to do well on the field, esp. at the semi-pro level where contracts are very small.

Is it true that the players have gotten together to form an alliance to fight the evil Stadnyc.

I hope they are successful, but players like Johnny signing does not help the cause.

Rumour has it that Nial is also in negotiations, along with Clarkie from the great flying cnuts.

Is this true TB?

Why would'nt Bobby L. be able to get some investors together and take over the team form Stadnyc?

CornerHOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JImmy Holiday,

What levels of coaching does Dom have, if you don't mind me asking? I am curious to see what you need in order to coach at a 'professional' level.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy and Captain,

Anyone who get's a cap for the National team automatically get's their "B" Licence according to the CSA.

Although I'm sure Domo is worthy of his B level license, I do have questions of whether anyone who plays at that level should automatically get their licenses that easy. It doesn't work that way in Italy and England have now changed their policy on this.

Then again, we are talking about the CSA.

Cheers
DJ

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0