Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps- New Direction

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard on the TEAM 1040 that Bobby Lenarduzi was canned this morning. On top of that, Dale Mitchell looks to be very close to accepting a new position w/ CSA. Sounds like it was probably a very LOUD discussion this morning.

Bobby:
...it is safe to say we agree to disagree...

Who's going to be the new coach? GM?

I'm sure there will be one or two people not entirely unhappy with Bobby getting sacked.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The best man for the job is Tony Fonseca. He's was the assistant coach last year. He's an unbelievable coach!

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus I'll agree with you on that 1. I heard it was going to happen but not this soon. Tony is a great coach, hes had first hand experience at the professional ranks. He will lead the Whitecaps to a championship
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ok maybe the playoffs again

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the Whitecaps' communication department hasn't heard yet. Their top headline on their website is:

January 17, 2002
BOB LENARDUZZI WINS JACK DIAMOND AWARD
Whitecaps/Breakers GM named Vancouver's Sports Personality of the Year

Kinda ironic that he's been canned two weeks later. Nevertheless, perhaps it's a good time to get fresh blood in the front office and rejuvenate the management. I wonder if their were any other reasons for the move other than the media's report of financial concerns.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh?

Originally posted by Jinky
Apparently, the candidates are Tom McManus and Dom Holiday.

Tom already got denied the Breakers' coach position though (last year) I wouldn't think the org. would give him another 'chance'

Jimmy, isn't nice to share the same name with a local celeb?:confused:

+SCtwocentsworth

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
moot

good point Auntie Jinks

Jinky your mailbox is full, so this is my posed question(s) for

you I'm not sure what Tom's rep is on a 'men's' level is, but do you think he has it in him?

Does this mean back to the "Lenarduzzi" camps?

It would certainly be quite a breakthough for Tom (himself) if he gets THAT opportunity...(undecided as to what to think) ummmm

~SC'stwocents

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude for coach of the year?

Who's going to be the new coach? GM?

Dude, let's face it. Your body won't hold up much longer if you keep slide tackling on gravel and throwing yourself down mountains. You just might be the man for the GM position, what with your business savvy and all. Also, I bet your pill concoctions would sell like hotcakes in the beer garden.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've hard it's between Alan Ferris and Alan Douglas .

Dude has been short-listed too.......

Captainwhoisupsetwithtoday'snews

I am sure his firing had nothing to do with his ego......:rolleyes:

Screw You,

I know your playing time has been cut lately, but do you really have to stoop to such levels? Concentrate on winning some darts' matches instead of shoveling your nose up Dude's hoop, looking for playing time.......:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude the coach...I like it!

I'd turn that team into the finest dynasty since the days of Captain Shamrock with my unpredictable, yet effective Sunday morning pharmaceutical kit.

I'll have you know I'll be hucking down some of Seymour's finest drops and rock faces on Saturday, just in time for our Cup game Sunday. Yes, one day I'll have to choose...

Gravel or hucks...gravel or hucks...:eek:

Captain: I'll have you know I'll take the brown-nosing whenever I can get it. I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of SFC!

Back on topic: would the guys really respect Tom McManus? After all, he is a girl's coach! At least Mobilio would bring recent playing experience, and success to the table. Wouldn't he have to leave his nice, cushy position with Coquitlam City Soccer?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dude the coach...I like it!

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?

Back on topic: would the guys really respect Tom McManus? After all, he is a girl's coach!

Jude, can it be true?:confused: We are actually thinking along the same lines;) -

+SC:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colin Miller

Colin Miller's name was dropped this morning by Lenarduzzi, in an interview on the TEAM. It seems Bobby still can't say anything good about Mobilio. What do you think, Jimmy Holliday?;)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After reading the Lennard Bobbaduzzi article in today's Sun, it would seem that both Stadynk and Possee have been lurking in a certain local soccer website??

That, or the Captain stumbled into them at his local and got on his soapbox. To shut him up, they promised to axe the soccer legend and use ProWave as justification for breaking the hearts of many a soccer fan.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian Eh???

We need some fresh blood in there!!! and hopefully it will be someone with a European background that can teach the Lads a thing or two... preferably one that is not too close with any of the players and has a non-bias opinion!!!
that said, it will probably be some Donkey that already knows everyone in the system and won't bother lurking around the Metro League to find any talent... let's be honest here, last year the Vancouver Metro League Select team could have beat the Caps (Ebike scored for the Caps as a defender that night on Mr. "I'mthegreatestkeeperintheworld" Ritchie)... not knocking the Caps just stating that some players from the Metro League get completely overlooked!!!

GuinnesswantstoseeAlanBallappointed!!!:eek:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer SweatShop

Stadnyc wants to cut losses by paying lower wages and having one person do two or three jobs.

Here is an idea, don't pay the men, most of the women were not paid last year and they still were getting 2-3 thousand out for games, with not a bad product.

Only sign players that will work for bzzr and a free tracky, you will find alot in the VMSL.
The soccer will still be entertaining, if you like to watch the visiting team get kicked all over the park.

Find a GM who can also coach both the mens and womens teams.

Didn't Dick Mosher do this for a couple of years.

Or even better a GM/Coach/Player, who on the team has coached before.

If Stadnyc wants to stop lossing money on the WhiteCaps, he should put the For Sale sign up, because no matter what you do, it does'nt seem that people in Vancouver want to Support a Pro team.
Or he could be Owner/GM/Coach/Player, it might work.

HOS

ps I was the asst. coach for the National Champion BCFC womens team this year, and I come cheap.:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Player Meatings

The players from last season were to meet with Stadnyc and Bobby this week, but due to the events that took place, the meetings were cancelled.

Those meetings will now take place next week with just Stadnyc, when that takes place we may get more info on what is going to take place this season.

CornerHOS:confused:

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a rumour that the players have put together a petition to have Tony Fonseca as their new Coach.....Should be interesting to see if Stadnyc will listen to them???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would he listen to the players? This isn't exactly Peg where the players can call the shots :D

With the rumoured player budget cuts, how many of these petition signers will be playing anyways?

~TB.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That a good question........I also heard that Stadnyk is meeting with players for about ten minutes each and saying "This is all I'm going to pay you. You have 48 hours to decide and if I don't here back from you I'll find someone else!"

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts