Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

West Coast League 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Schedule

January 18, 2004 (Make up Games) 10am
Columbus v Westside at Hastings North
Firefighters v Club Inter at Adanac SE
FC Sierra v Total Marine at Queens Parks South
Paddlewheeler v PAOK at Sapperton

January 25, 2004
Columbus v Total Marine Celtic at Central Park
Firefighters v Westside Miloni at Adanac SE
FC Sierra v Paddlewheeler at Queens Park South
Club Inter v PAOK at Hastings North

Our biggest rivalries (Columbus/Firemen) back-to-back. Hopefully the guys are up for it after the long layoff. One new signing (transfer) during the break: our big Peruvian is back from the FVSL. He tends to frustrate a lot of guys in our league with his slippery moves and South American theatrics.

Still haven't seen any Columbus posts in here but I know they're lurking...come on boys, don't be shy.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Premier Schedule

One new signing (transfer) during the break: our big Peruvian is back from the FVSL. He tends to frustrate a lot of guys in our league with his slippery moves and South American theatrics.

Still haven't seen any Columbus posts in here but I know they're lurking...come on boys, don't be shy.
Pete, if I am correct, this fellow's wife works with my wife at the YMCA. I played some indoor with him and he is pretty skilled. He actually passed the ball a ton which is rare for a South American playing with a bunch of chumps in a gym. I wonder if it's the same guy.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: West Coast League

His name is Miguel and he played with us for a couple of years a few years back...actually, his last game with us was when he pulled a no-show (which was the biggest stumbling block he had to overcome with some of the guys) against you guys in the semi's 2 years ago at Newton--we were also missing Atterton who was (supposedly) on the shitter all night.

He's been playing with some team in the Valley (open) where he's coached and swept (that got a few laughs out of the guys too) and they moved up from 4th to 2nd div or something. I'm not sure what his wife does but she's really nice.

We used to have a pretty funny lineup sometimes with Miguel (6'2" 210 or so with crazylegs), John Catliff (about the same size with great power and vision) and Al Thom (a Scot about the same height but with a little more girth who played schoolboy with a bunch of national team guys in Scotland when he was a bairn). All three of these guys were huge and had superior skills...came in handy against the firemen.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Miguel

Peter:

Surprised you let the perezoso chingador de perra come back after a stunt like that. I knew him from the South American league; played against him and Team Peru with CentroAmerica (my next door neighbour's team). Great skills for a guy his size, but he really hates any physical contact (which is why I had to mark him :rolleyes:), so I was frequently able to shut him down. Didn't like playing in the air too much then, either. Hope things work out okay for you with that. Don't trash my field this weekend.;)

Beers,

stew:cool:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stew, everyone deserves a second chance...look at Dazza! Seriously though, Miguel is a great guy who gets involved in more than his share of controversy but has never been carded--at least when he's played with us. He's a serious offensive threat out there and that's why we signed him. We've also signed the center back that played for years with Westside Jerry's Cove/B-Men/Bimini's to help shore up our back line. I don't envy the coach if everyone shows up for a game but the depth comes in handy.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Action (from one team anyways...)

Westside 0-5 Columbus

Not much to say other than I would have rather been sleeping than watching this. I can't remember getting spanked like this in this league.

They finished well and for a while it looked like it was going to be a good game: 2 giveaways resulted in 2 goals for them and, although we had a few pretty good chances, it stayed that way until the 2nd half when they bagged 3 more.

On to the Firemen from our new perch in 3rd place...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside back on track

Westside 4-3 Firemen

I wasn't at the game but I heard there were a few suspect goals, one for each team. Merks seems to save his rare brain farts for the Firemen over the years...I think Scottyshell might have been on the receiving end of one a few years back at David Lam field in a 1-0 loss.

Anyways, I hear it was tied 3-3 when, after a nice run up the left side, a cross/shot type of ball managed to find its way into the goal for the 3 points.

We've got a couple of league games left and we're still in control of finishing in 2nd place—Columbus has wrapped the title—if we can beat Inter. But first there's a little matter of the League Cup which gets underway next week. We play the Poco Blues who are mid-to-bottom table in 1st Division...I think they were in Premier a couple of years ago. We're due for a bbq and scotch after next week's game at Hillcrest.

SC, have you joined the Shooters? I don't know if you read this thread but the first pint and Salmon burger is on me if you come over and introduce yourself after the darby...you just have to mention this post to collect.

I forgot to add that 2 of our goals were scored by our east coast Quebecois import Mild (used to be Wild) Billy Johnston who blew into town for the weekend.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
League Cup Opening Match

Westside 6-0 Poco Blues

A good start to the League Cup. They've decided on a single knockout format this year as opposed to a round robin. I don't really understand it as there seems to be enough time to get all the games in...then again I don't do the scheduling and although it seems like this year is average in rainouts maybe things have changed regarding allocation (losing them earlier or something?).

Poco are in relegation territory in first division and they were missing guys (some South American imports who didn't show according to the coach) so it made for a long morning for them. On to the winner of Inter/SFU Celtic. If we lose, we've got 2 more league games and that's it until the BC's. The round robin format would be better.

The boys are also planning a long overdue roadtrip: Peru in November!

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: League Cup Opening Match

Peter, glad to see you hammer the Blues and get them out of the Cup, must be a PoCo thing with us, we hate them. Anyways, haven't been on for some time & going through the threads this year, couldn't miss the slag about our last game we lost 2-0 & both goals hitting my hands. Yeah, I should have had at least 1 of them, if I played like Merks we would have won 2-0, count your lucky stars!!!. We played PCOV on the weekend & needed PK's to win, man can we paly horrible at times??? Last weekend was my last game in the pipes as the knee feels great & will be out patrolling the park like the olde days, hopefully. I will try & post reguraly, good luck in the next round!!!!

Peter said:
Westside 6-0 Poco Blues

A good start to the League Cup. They've decided on a single knockout format this year as opposed to a round robin. I don't really understand it as there seems to be enough time to get all the games in...then again I don't do the scheduling and although it seems like this year is average in rainouts maybe things have changed regarding allocation (losing them earlier or something?).

Poco are in relegation territory in first division and they were missing guys (some South American imports who didn't show according to the coach) so it made for a long morning for them. On to the winner of Inter/SFU Celtic. If we lose, we've got 2 more league games and that's it until the BC's. The round robin format would be better.

The boys are also planning a long overdue roadtrip: Peru in November!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Peter this Miguel guy what team did he play for before he went to the over 35's or whatever.....he's told me Westside Rino's.......he was coaching my former team up here but I guess he's finished with that from what I read above and yes he's a very skilled player (usually does get pissed if you play him roughly) and he always told me he's a stopper/sweeper so I'll ask you what position does he play?.......I know when we've played pick up here he liked to play center mid

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CH, I don't know any more than what I already posted. He told me it was a team in the Valley that he coached and played sweeper. They moved up to second division in the last couple of years. For us he plays midfield and up front.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sounds right, he's also spearheading a tour to Peru for our team as we speak for next November We have 2 games lined up already and 1 more in the works against the O-40 Peruvian champs. We're staying at sea level in Lima at his buddy's 5-star hotel. Should be a bit o' fun...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter said:
Sounds right, he's also spearheading a tour to Peru for our team as we speak for next November We have 2 games lined up already and 1 more in the works against the O-40 Peruvian champs. We're staying at sea level in Lima at his buddy's 5-star hotel. Should be a bit o' fun...
Big deal! Our team is going to Vernon in May. :rolleyes:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for quoting my post above Spiro: I, in my dottering state, had forgotten what I had written so long ago.

Jealousy will get you nowhere...btw, the original date was the Thanksgiving weekend but then someone brought up the fact that the Canadian's (or Western's) were that weekend.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Interested in knowing how CAS and Meralomas are doing....can someone fill me in? Two class teams from the NSCL.

lupoman

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter said:
Thanks for quoting my post above Spiro: I, in my dottering state, had forgotten what I had written so long ago.

Jealousy will get you nowhere...btw, the original date was the Thanksgiving weekend but then someone brought up the fact that the Canadian's (or Western's) were that weekend.
Good one!:D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lupoman, the standings are available at www.wcotsl.com but here's a pic.

Ballbaby, I thought you might like that one...about keeping the Thanksgiving weekend open.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: West Coast League Standings.....

Thanks Peter, good to see that both teams are fairing well, like I said before, we were sad to see them go. Bloody community politics.

lupoman

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter,

I see you recently humped the Poco Blues.

What is your honest opinion of them?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0