Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

West Coast League 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: West Coast League

Lupoman,
We were sad not to make a return to the North Shore the other weekend, when we had a bye. Mind you, we're not missing the bridge traffic, breakfast at the Avalon and a drop temperature or gravel!
The main difference is that we are playing at our club, where we can hang out drink beer, watch sports, drink beer and oh did I mention we have a bar! Check this out too http://members.shaw.ca/fishbak/

We'll see you at the Lindsay Gordon Tourney in March.

Back on the south coast!

hedKandi

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Blues

Jinky,

Poco Blues were missing some guys so it's tough to say what might have been but on the day they were sucking wind pretty good with only one or two subs. I recognized a couple of their players from a couple of years ago...I'm not sure if they were in the Premier or if we met them in cup play. They had some good fan support with a full heckling contingent on the sideline.

For the most part it was a pretty clean game but it was apparent early what the outcome was going to be. It looks like they will stay up in first division this year. Are those the guys who you play some summer ball with?

Regards, Peter

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Some of them are from PoCoMo.

When we decided to go O-30s we ended up merging with the Poco Blues.
They were a good bunch of guys but only a couple of them could play so obviously I fit in with the crap players.

If they can stave off relegation it will be some feat as they were very close to packin it in earlier in the season. Bad turn outs apparently.

thanks Peter.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Upcoming schedule Feb 15

With this great weather all week, some teams have byes but all the other games will (hopefully) go ahead. Good luck to all.
First Round Cup Games February 15, 2004
HOME TEAM FIELD

Firefighters VS Lusitanos @ Adanac SE - Game 1

Regular League make up games for February 15, 2004
HOME TEAM

Paddlewheeler VS Columbus @Sapperton - Premier
Total Marine Celtic VS Sierra @ MacLean - Premier
Club Inter VS Westside Miloni @ Hastings North - Premier
SFU Celtic VS Lobbans @Middleschool - 1st
Vancouver United VS Killarney Spurs @ Queens Park South - 2nd
Ajax VS Ridge Shooters @ Mundy # 3 -2nd
Canterbury VS New West Reds @ David Lam - 3rd

hedKandi

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hedkandi...

look forward to seeing you and the boys, always a blast at the LG no matter how you finish.... I think CAS will be there as well, not sure though. Good luck this weekend.

lupoman

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey lads,
Haven't been on here in awhile but after what happened at todays game I can't resist.
How can a team call themselves a Premier team and show up for a league cup match with 8 players (two of which were supposedly hurt) and say they really didn't expect more. As the result of last weeks score meant they're on their way back to first division.What a pile of crap....do they have no pride?Meanwhile we had guys take shifts off(I know firefighters are not the only shift workers)giving us one of our bigger turnouts and we get this!What really pisses me off is that the team they beat a couple of weeks ago would've shown up and given it their all,just as our opponent last week did despite the score they never gave in(good on them!).Now I guess we should've seen this coming as they repeatedly only had enough players to field a team throughout the season.
I say..demote them to 2nd division and fine them and make them pay our half of the ref's fee! :knvb:
Whew!feel better now.looking forward to next week when I know the other team will have more than enough players!

Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Cup Scores

League Cup:

Columbus 3 Clan 1
TMC 3 Paddlwheeler 1
FF 1 PAOK 0 (Forfeit)
Miloni vs Club Inter ppd

Masters' Cup:

Cliff Ave 3 Meralomas 1
Canterbury 2 Spurs 0
Van Utd 1 Bulldogs 2
Cracovia 4 Ajax 2

Club Inter vs Miloni make up game gets played at Hastings next weekend. Semis will be held on March 7th:

League Cup:

winner of CI/Miloni game vs TMC
Columbus vs Firefighters

Masters' Cup:

Cliff Ave vs Bulldogs
Cracovia vs Canterbury

Finals will be held on March 28th.

Scotty:

Sucks about your game. Dominic Murphy came over to watch ours for a bit, and told me about what happened. He said that they only had 6 healthy bodies to stick on the field. Not sure why Teli wouldn't have known this far enough ahead of time to let you guys know they couldn't play and saved your boys the grief; that's something for him to explain. Would really have sucked to have been the guys on their team who did show up, though - they've really got to be pissed at the no-shows (especially if any were healthy).

beers,

stew:cool:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sucks about your game. Dominic Murphy came over to watch ours for a bit, and told me about what happened. He said that they only had 6 healthy bodies to stick on the field. Not sure why Teli wouldn't have known this far enough ahead of time to let you guys know they couldn't play and saved your boys the grief; that's something for him to explain. Would really have sucked to have been the guys on their team who did show up, though - they've really got to be pissed at the no-shows (especially if any were healthy).

beers,
That is precisely why I left that team when they played VMSL DIV 1. It was actually a very good team with lots of potential. I was convinced to play Div 1 and try to help get the team promoted. I would drive from Surrey and practise at Prince Of Wales. Our coach was player/coach Frank Uelle (sp) from Columbus and he did a cracker job. Only thing is he wasn't Greek and some of the higher powers to be didn't like that too much. Frank left and things went downhill. There has always been a great nucleus of the bunch who are very committed and do all the work. They are very likely the 6 or 7 that showed up for the game. I join them for Nation's Cup but I do remember the game against Canada last year where we played with 7 guys. Many of the team had a "party" to go to that day. Meanwhile, the 7 of us bust our balls to try and save some face.

Frustrating to play against teams like this but try playing with them. I have to tell you though, after the games, these guys that aren't so reliable are the nicest, funniest bunch of guys you'll meet. As mad as you get, you seem to quickly forget.

My two bits.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Question??

What question you say?
Well as I see by the schedule,Paddlewheeler plays PAOK twice in the next two weeks...question:If these same guys who decided not to play in a league cup game again decide to no show thus handing Paddlewheeler 6 big points True/False.
If Paddlewheeler is given these points that puts them in a tie with us,providing we beat Celtic this weekend.Now if that happens Paddlewheeler has one game left against Miloni( I believe) and if they should win they move into fourth thus forcing us into a playoff for the fifth & sixth spots.
Am I right Stew?If I am that's a pile of crap.Either everyone gets full points for games against these guys or remove them.Did that not happen some years ago when...again ( I believe )...it was Paddlewheeler who folded.Memory is a little taxed these days...must be those meth labs. :confused:

So there you go..a little venting works well!

Cheers! :D

As for the party...I heard it had something to do with a farm and some goats :eek:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scotty,

Maybe if you hadn't dropped 3 points to them a few weeks ago you wouldn't be so worried about it...sorry, couldn't resist.

Inter beat us 3-1 a couple of weeks ago to wrap up second place. They were the only team to take 6 points off us this year. They are an improved team for sure. We've got them again in the league cup this week so it's time to extract some revenge.

Good luck to all teams this weekend—except Inter.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scotty:

You're absolutely right - you have spent too much time in the meth lab:D

Games left to play:

Feb 29
Paddlewheeler vs PAOK
Firefighters vs Total Marine Celtic

Mar 7
PAOK vs Paddlewheeler

not yet scheduled:
FC Sierra vs Total Marine Celtic
Paddlewheeler vs Westside Miloni

Paddlewheeler wasn't the team that folded - the most recent ones that I can remember were Andy Capps and Burnaby Canadians/Burnaby Firefighters. Unless of course, I've been spending too mych time in the meth lab, too...:rolleyes: What we did last time around was that since we were into the second round of league games, we cut things back to the end of the first round of play and dumped the rest of their results (fairest thing for everybody concerned at the time).

With PAOK, I tend to agree with The 'Los - they caught the Firemen Flu. I can't see them tanking two games against the same team - they'd be too embarrassed to do that, and they wouldn't stay in the League for very long if they did. Personally, I find the notion that anybody would deliberately do that is disgusting, but what do I know?

The thing we have to remember, though, is that you can't kick somebody out for something they haven't done yet...

Beers,

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Greeks

Stew,

You did say...YET? And Peter...you are most definetly correct on that.Back on the other subject(PAOK)if I played on Covercrete(spelling?)I'd be surely pissed off at the team that beat us NOT showing up to the next game.

Anyway..on to bigger things..who's next...oh yeah..Celtic.Didn't play last time so we'll see what they're about.Cheers boys,have a good weekend! :wa:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to wait for next year

Westside 0-1 Inter

With about 20 seconds left in the game, a bad bounce kicks the ball up to our diminutive center-back's chin and the rebound goes to their forward who slots it in a hard-fought contest with Inter. Tough way to lose...but then again, though we showed some good stuff at times, not near enough "thoughts/shots' on net to get the goals required to win—a most common theme for Westside over the years. Merks with some tremendous saves.

The same guy on our team scored an OG in a similar 1-0 loss at the beginning of the year. We'll have to get the fcukers in the BC's or wait for next year.

Bit of a scare at the game with Inter's stalwart Luch (sp?) coming off at halftime with chest pains and shortness of breath but, according to a physician on our team who attended to him (see aforementioned OG and chin stories—we keep him around for a reason as he also saved Bart Chouffor's ass last year), it ended up being a bit of Italian hypochondria.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luc

Peter:

Luciano Visentin? Ouch, that would be a blow, not just to Club Inter, but also to juvenile soccer in Vancouver - Luc coaches the Vancouver U14 Metro team as well. Here's hoping he's okay; I've had to go to more than enough friends' memorial services lately...:(

I'm sure I'll get to hear about it from Dino and Jamie at the kids' practice on Thursday....

Don't know if I'd call it hypochondria - the guy's a real workhorse. He used to run the kids' section of ICSF with Tony Tesan. Heart murmurs are quite scary too - ask anybody who's otherwise healthy and who's had one.

Bummer about the own-goal; you guys seem to get them at the most inopportune times.:p

Other scores from Sunday:

Paddlewheeler 6 PAOK 0
Firefighters 2 TM Celtic 0
Van United 3 Ridge Shooters 1
Ajax 4 SFU Rangers 1
Canterbury 1 Olympiakos 0
Reds 4 CAI 2

...and the race for Provincial spots gets more interesting......

Next week's league games (March 7)

SFU Celtic vs PoCo Celtic

League Cup games:

Columbus vs Firefighters
Club Inter vs TM Celtic

Masters' Cup games:

Cliff Avenue vs Westside Bulldogs
Cracovia vs Canterbury

My pick for match of the week is Columbus-FF

beers,

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stew, that's the same guy alright—I was just taking the piss about him being Italian.

The goal on the weekend wasn't an OG it was a bad hop to their guy who finished well (you have to against Merkl). At least that's what I hear: when I saw it bounce to their guy I turned around and waited for the reaction. Bummer for sure but if you can't score, you're not going to win.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FF's 2 - Celtic 0

Hey boys,a little behind these days.Game this weekend went the way we wanted although not enough goals scored by our side to really make it satisfactory.A good clean game but not as hotly contested as past games between us two.
Looking forward to this weekend as I'm sure Columbus is as they were practising on the ajoining field.I had to laugh as I noticed that even when training amongst teammates they still whine at each other over tackles and calls.
Sorry to hear about Luc,but glad to hear he's okay.He's definetly the main cog in that Inter team.
Cheers boys,here's to the rain ending before the weekend so the parks are in good shape.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rain, what rain?

Only one game played this past weekend due to the shite weather.

Masters' Cup Semi Final:
Cliff Avenue 2 Westside Bulldogs 1

Rest of the Semi Finals will be played this coming weekend.

League Cup:
Columbus vs Firefighters *match of the week
Club Inter vs TM Celtic

Masters' Cup:
Cracovia vs Canterbury

beers,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More games

League games this weekend:

PoCo Celtic vs SFU Celtic
Vancouver United vs Westside Bulldogs

Exhibition games:

Meraloma SC vs Covercrete

Coquitlam Ajax (2nd div.) are looking to set up an exhibition game this weekend as well. Please get back to me and let me know if anybody's interested.

beerz,

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
comin to spank westside

It appears we finally get to strut our stuff against the like of Peter and his Westside F-Troop....Exhibition game scheduled for Good Friday in Sunny South Surrey.....Peter believe me you won't find better parks anywhere....see you then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0