Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL rumours and scuttlebutt

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still don't get why two teams from the same club can't be in Premier if they are that good......what kind of bs is that.......it's like saying Manchester can only have one city team in the Premier league in England unless one changes it's name.......again I ask why is this rule in place........anyone know:confused:

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still don't get why two teams from the same club can't be in Premier if they are that good......what kind of bs is that.......it's like saying Manchester can only have one city team in the Premier league in England unless one changes it's name.......again I ask why is this rule in place........anyone know

It would be more like MAn united having their first team and reserve team playing in the premiership.

By not allowing teams from the same club to play in the same promotion/relegation division the league encourages the better players to spread out to different clubs instead.

With two teams from the same club in the same division would also raise controversy with match fixing when they play each other (one team "losing" to give the other 3 points).

As a league that is promoting the "club" system, the VMSL is quite right in not alowing them to move.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Bravedart

With two teams from the same club in the same division would also raise controversy with match fixing when they play each other (one team "losing" to give the other 3 points).

Wasn't Firemen accused of this?

ps Champylon's Keeper, how hammered were you when you came up with the Manchester analogy?

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry Jinky the smart one ok I know it was a bad example.......it was late and yes I had a few........anyways what I meant to say is what's the point of having teams from the same club in lower divisions, why don't you just make them all CAT teams if they can't move up

P.S. Jinky I hope your fellow Scots (even though you are a Celtic fan) get stuffed by my fellow Greeks (even though I am an A.E.K. fan)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me too Aristotle.

Do a search on the Cat team debate and I'm sure you will find that these subjects have been thoroughly debated.

Unless of course it was so long ago that it was amongst the TTP stuff not archived here.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or.....

pay for a premium membership so you can access the OffTheBall archives which explain exactly how all this started.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really sure this belongs here, but this was taken from the Croatia SC website. Take from it what you will. :D

Which team would you most like to see get relegated from Premier this season?

Westside Rino 26%

Sportstown Firemen 18%

Indo FC 18%

ICSF Inter 3%

Sapperton Rovers 3%

Metro Ford Wolves 29%

Pegasus FC 3%

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I take it that Croatians know little about the power of a Smallsy Meg.
or perhaps they know it all too well. :rolleyes: :D
not suprised to see we would be right up there. frankly i would have expected even higher numbers given the heartbreaking defeats the Croatian squad has had against Westside over the years.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although Smallsy makes a good point in that we have not had any success against Westside in the last 3 to 4 yrs, that is nothing compared to the years of hatred for Metro Ford. It really did get nasty at times!!!

pssst, we pissed on em the majority of the time!:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are the odds that Clan would be leading that poll by a landside if conducted at the start of the season?

:D

~Regs.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fil Zaurrini was seen training with the SFC Rangers last night. Possible transfer in the works?

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although Smallsy makes a good point in that we have not had any success against Westside in the last 3 to 4 yrs, that is nothing compared to the years of hatred for Metro Ford. It really did get nasty at times!!!

pssst, we pissed on em the majority of the time!:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob
Fil Zaurrini was seen training with the SFC Rangers last night. Possible transfer in the works?

I already told Inter that if I did leave, it would be for Div 2 CAT...I guess the FVSL would do just the same?

Let's go RAN-GERS!

Mc Zaurrini

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRumourStarter

TR:

Shame. ;)

Each week we have one celebrity join us for training.
Each of these treasured individuals offer insight and support to help our hopeless cause.
A small appearance fee, of course, is involved.
Ally McCoist, Niall Thompson, Rob Geiger, Fil Zaurrini; etc. to name of few.

Fil explained to us on the pitch and on the chalkboard after how to engage a centre midfield role with his silky skill and jinky runs.
It was quite informative.

We purposely made a Wednesday night session for him as to not impair his religeous two night a week turnout at Inter's sessions.
As much as a 3 night committment to training would be draining on him, he was more than obliging when shown the shiny gold Rangers fish cooler.
Along with watching the quality SU/Clan match thereafter we were able to secure his services.

Now Fil:
FVSL Div. 1 compared to VMSL Div. 2 CAT?
Thanks again man - You're all class. :D

Poacherforever

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impressive

The beer cooler that is.

I never knew there were that many different types of beer.....

SU/Clan
Nice free kick by some guy on Clan made the final ten minutes very interesting....still wondering if KNVB actually touched the ball in the 25 minutes I saw.

KNVB is chasing a guy down from behind in the mid-field....fouls the guy ( the guy went down like he was shot)...Walks calls the foul, and KNVB says:

" he kicked me!"

and yes, he was serious.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So can I assume it was Pipo who yelled "give us another bike KNVB" last night? Tossers.

I'm kind of surprised Surrey didn't make Croatia's list after our short history protest and all, I know I always wanted to see them relegated... Dreams do come true. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0