Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL rumours and scuttlebutt

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Croatia A in div 1.....The last time Croatia A were in div 1 was when they first transfered from the PCSL to the VMSL after taking over Croatia B's spot...

Anyway this for all you people who are happy to see Croatia A get relegated for the first time in their 40 year history...

Enjoy it while it lasts...

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm back baby. Had to lay low for obvious reasons, but what the hell I spied in once in a while.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fireman buying SportsTOWN!

I recently heard this rumour but from what I heard, we aren't selling our spot ( Not that we were consulted)

I heard that they're talking merger but we'll have to wait and see. I have to say that it's was pretty dissapointing to hear that our club was in merger talks and no one has said anything to the players???

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Memo

memo to all Sportstwon players

you guys stink, you need help.
Be glad there are rumours of help coming.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So who wants your input anyway? At least you'll go from having THE worst kit in the VMSL to the second worst. :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mergers

Originally posted by Zeus
I heard that they're talking merger but we'll have to wait and see.

The "Merger" between Khalsa and P. 96ers worked out real well, look at the standings.

How about a Pinks, Croatia, Fireman merger.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at that team meeting.

HOS

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
some rumours floating around about the relegation process this year. apparently some thought being given to a possible cross-over play-off should the last place team on say side A finish with more points than the 2nd to last place team on say side B. i'm sure a few teams on side A will be taking a keen interest in this proposal for obvious reasons.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smalls,

I think that has been thought of every year in the lower divisions but obviously has never been put into action. On one hand it makes sense but on the other if they were to do this then why even bother having two divisions?????????? So I wouldn't put much stock into that rumour:rolleyes: JUST WIN BABY!

Seeyahtomorrow????

~JP~

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by cerebral smallsy
some rumours floating around about the relegation process this year. apparently some thought being given to a possible cross-over play-off should the last place team on say side A finish with more points than the 2nd to last place team on say side B. i'm sure a few teams on side A will be taking a keen interest in this proposal for obvious reasons.

Leave it to the VMSL to make up the rules as they go along. I don't care how strong one side of Preimier is to the other, you don't half way through the season say "well lets have a play-off this year between the last place team on Side A and the second to last place team on Side B, because we fukced up by changing the league to 14 teams from 10 in the first place".

hos should retire and run for league executive.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't be surprised if the league makes some changes to the rules - they've done it before.

But I ask why not? If all the teams on Side A are all above the 2nd or third to last teams on Side B, make a playoff game. Realistically, what is Side B playing for? Nothing. Make them sweat a bit.

i'm sure a few teams on side A will be taking a keen interest in this proposal for obvious reasons.

More than just a few.....all teams.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

are you saying the league has made changes to the promotion relegation process mid-season before? No chance! There's no way they'd cook up a change mid-way this season for the scenario suggested here. The second to last place team that would hypothetically have to go to a playoff would absolutely protest and by rights.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My thoughts,

1) The league HAS changed the promotion/relegation situation in years past. I think it was in 1998 when the two relegated teams........Trollers and PCOV (I think) were involved in a mini-tournament with two second place teams from Div 1.....Norvan and someone else. That was instituted mid season. In other words, it was not known by any team during the year (Premier or Div 1) that there would be a "backdoor tournament"

2) Saying that, I am not expecting/relying on anything to happen.

Sandman

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Changes in Mid-Season

Toze,

Sandy is right, changes have been made in mid-season.

Another one was 2000. When the 2nd place team on side a and b of div 1 played for promotion. Milan protested at the time to the change in rule, but to no avail.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The NHL has just announced that they will allow the 9th and/or 10th place team in the Western confrence to qualify for the play-offs if they have more points at the regular season than the 7th and 8th place teams in the Eastern confrence.
Hey this is just like the CFL Play-offs, what a great system:rolleyes: .

I don't disagree with having the last place team on Side A play-off vs. the second to last Place team on Side B, it makes sense if it is that close on Side A. The problem is changing the constitution half way through the year because a team like Westside or Peg or MF (Azzi's team), could end up being the last place teams and the teams to face relagation.
Right it in next year, or change the whole two sided league thing, so you don't get this problem in the first place.

hos

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB et Sandman,

of-course you are right that those were changes to the promotion-relegation sytem and implemented mid-season. There were specific reasons however if I remember correctly. Norvan, PCOV, FC Tempo and MF Tayside were also involved in something when the two Valley teams came into the league which expanded to 14.

But I don't think any teams ended up RELEGATED that otherwise would have stayed up according to the rules at the start of the year.

HA... Touchy subject as I've been on three relegated squads from Premier.

:D

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The promotion issue that occured with Milan in 2000 wasn't made up half way through the season. What happened was that Westside Bimini's won side A, but couldn't go up to premier because obviously Westside already had a premier team. This was known at the start of the season. The constitution stated that the best 2nd place team between side A and B would get the spot. Sporting had more points, but Milan had played one less game because one team from their side had dropped out of the league half way through the season. Therefore, we had a playoff game to decide promotion. I think it was a fair decision, and both teams are now in premier anyways.

The whole PCOV and Trollers thing didn't raise a rucus i believe because PCOV and the Trollers finished at the bottom of their sides respectively that year, but since premier was expanding and adding two more teams for the next year, they allowed them a chance to stay up by having them playoff against the two 2nd place finishers in division 1. I could be wrong, but i think that was what occurred here.

To have the bottom team from side A playoff against the 2nd last team in side B would cause a lot more controversy then it did for these last two situations.

Just my thoughts,

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0