Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Rants (and Raves ?)

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Passin' it on...

ABANDONED GAMES:

Firefighters C-lects vs Western Union Sarajevo (February 24, 2002)
Referee’s report (John Burns) and letters from both teams were received and read. Discussions.
Moved by Joe Macintyre seconded by Alex Bell to replay the game at a day and time to be announced.
Carried
Moved by Ruben Tremarco seconded by Joe Macintyre to have assistant referees for the mentioned game. Carried

Moved by Alex Bell seconded by Joe Yukawa to fine both teams $ 50.00 each.
Carried

United Nationals vs Western Union Bulgaria. (February 9, 2002)
Referee’s report (Antonio Oyarzo) and letter from United National were received and read. Discussions.
Moved by Ruben Tremarco seconded by Alex Bell to award the game (1-0) to United Nationals.
Carried
Moved by Joe Macintyre seconded by Joe Yukawa to fine Western Union Bulgaria $ 50.00.
Carried

Meralomas FC “B” vs Vancouver Olympics Ouzo. (March 2, 2002)
Referee’s report (D. Stenskey). Discussions.
Moved by Dino Anastopulos seconded by Joe Macintyre to award the game to Meralomas (1-0).
Carried
Moved by Ruben Tremarco seconded by Alex Bell to fine Van Olympics Ouzo $ 100.00.
Carried

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Meralomas FC “B” vs Vancouver Olympics Ouzo. (March 2, 2002)
Referee’s report (D. Stenskey). Discussions.
Moved by Dino Anastopulos seconded by Joe Macintyre to award the game to Meralomas (1-0).
Carried
Moved by Ruben Tremarco seconded by Alex Bell to fine Van Olympics Ouzo $ 100.00.
Carried
Hadn't heard about that one. According to the Excellent site on the weekend, that game was decided fair & square.
Firefighters C-lects vs Western Union Sarajevo (February 24, 2002)
Referee’s report (John Burns) and letters from both teams were received and read. Discussions.
Moved by Joe Macintyre seconded by Alex Bell to replay the game at a day and time to be announced.
Carried
Moved by Ruben Tremarco seconded by Joe Macintyre to have assistant referees for the mentioned game. Carried
Moved by Alex Bell seconded by Joe Yukawa to fine both teams $ 50.00 each.
Carried
Why doesn't it surprise me that John reffed that one? He did our game on Sunday, and fight broke out there as well. Perhaps the league should investigate and/or assess his abilities (or lack thereof) to control a game.

Meanwhile, no mention of the Firefighters C-lects v. Surrey Utd. “C” game, eh? (March 3, 2002). Says it was abandoned on the site. This league: funny.

Thanks for the info, Peter.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Start a Brawl, No One gets the Points

One the subject of Abandoned Games, I was involved in an abandoned game with our Cat team before X-mas.

The game was against the Serbs, who are the dirtiest cnuts I have ever played (not Stemo or Sasha though), when ever there was a foul, their fans would run onto the turf.
We were pissing the Serbs 4-1, in a very chippy game, it didn't help that we had young Croat kids playing for us.

A fight broke out near the end of the game and the ref called the match. Did I mention one of the cheap cnuts tried to spit on me.

After the league reviewed the game, no points were rewarded for the match, but we were up 4-1 with 10 min. to go.

What the league is saying, if you are down in a game, start a brawl, get two game suspension, no one gets the points.

Side Note: Cliff Ave was in a fight in a league game but it was not Abandoned.

TB, if Cliff Ave gets a bye in Div. 2 Cup, do I still get the points for picking them to move on.

HOSdoesn'tneedthePoints,butwantsallthePoints

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas CAT game

Keeps.

From what I heard the game was pitifully refereed. It was not a chippy game until one of the Greeks lads threw a few punches out of the blue.He got a red and the game continued. No real brawl to speak of. Then the ref gave our team a very poor penalty to give us a 1-0 lead with 15 to go. One of their players 'clapped' the ref as they headed back for the restart. He got a red for his trouble. Basically the Greeks walked of the pitch and so did the ref. According to a couple of our lads they didn't blame the greeks for walking off. The ref was a complete joke and both teams are supposidly gonna send in reports stating as much.

Well done to the league for scheduling the same 2 teams against each other this coming sat in a league game. :rolleyes: Apparently this was rescheduled yesterday. Brilliant stuff.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pull a finger or head out!

Why the fcuk does Peg need to play a doubleheader this weekend? We are outta the Imperial as is Sapperton, so what's the rush?

We'll have 1 game left after this weekend before the BCs with perhaps the league championship game as well.

Fcuking wankers :rolleyes:

~TBnotveryhappyrightnow :mad:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Weather Will Prevent It

Regs,

Couldn't agree with you more....but the real rant is why do they even change the schedule after it is posted? Guys make plans based on the schedules a couple of weeks prior. Case in point; Indo planned a stag next week in Whistler because they were scheduled not to play. What if, all of a sudden, they are?
It happened to Sap last year and we missed 2 starters for a game.

But don't worry. Rain all week. And you should have seen Adanac East - a total mud pit. Adanac will be closed.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

You guys are home team... I'm pretty sure that we wouldn't object if you guys took it upon yourselves to get the game on a different day, maybe even on the turf midweek?

~TBthinkingoutloud.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Think a Little Harder

Regs,

OK, lets think about your proposal:

Peg, a fast, skillful team, wants to play Sap, a slower, less skillful team, on the turf?

Ya right, Regs, why don't we just mail you the 3 points. Nope....I think the mud at Adanac will be a lot more fun.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness is Muk United

Guinness,

Guinness Knows Mucking

Is 'Mucking' kicking a guy near the corner flag when your team is losing 2 buzz and receiving a red card after being subbed into the game 5 minutes prior?:D

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While this complaint could just as easily be posted under the "The Excellent Site" thread as well, the fundamentally fcuked up nature of the VMSL's executive demands that I post it here.

I must bring attention to the new "Need a Job?" section on the site. What stake does Joe Yukawa (VMSL Treasurer) have in this program and what is he providing the League in exchange for this opportunity for solicitation? Didn’t the same individual back the automobile referral program?

Moreover, there is no explanation as to what it's all about. There's two forms available to fill out (one for Rugby and another for VMSL athletes) and that's it: no introduction, no explanation, nothing. The least they could do is let us know what it's all about.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats JJ

Was anyone made aware that Jason Jordon is this year's VMSL MVP?

Talk about having to fish for info!

If anyone from the VMSL is reading [highly unlikely], could you please for the love of God, implement a What's New section on the very first page of the excellent site?

While you are at it, make sure to put when the AGM is as well.

Thank you,

~TB.

Note that I didn't even swear here. Hopefully, civilised requests won't go by the wayside :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impressive achievement for a guy who only played 7 games this season. :rolleyes: He did mean the most to his rag tag squad of try hards though. Almost as much as Sulentic meant to the Crotes. It's must have been a tight race.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats JJ.

CDK

BTW, Saw Sulentic on the weekend. He's in town for a couple of weeks and then he goes back. Seems that their are more than a couple of clubs scouting him including one from Germany.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
7 games

Is that it? Are you sure?

How can that be? Who determines this stuff? Does my ass look fat?

Inquisitive,

~TB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got it straight from Darby last week. 7 or 8 and some he only played half a game. I know he didn't start against us when we lost at Minaru.(sp) He did have 7-8 goals in that time though, but VMSL player of the year? How does that make a guy like Besty feel?

And Yes it does.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If only JJ was in the Line-up

He is the MVP because he is the player that had said "if we only had JJ, we would be the best in B.C.".

I want to call the MVP award, the "If only we had him in the Line-Up" award.

Every team has a "If only" player, that has been selected to the All-star team.

Sportstoon - JJ "if only he had not gone to Colorado"
Croats - Johnny "if only he had not gone to Croatia"
BBY. - Millar "if only he did not get hurt"
Peg - Regs "if only he could have retired earlier"
Slurry - KNVB "if only he could have stayed away from drive-thru"

HOS"ifonlyIcouldhaveplayed"

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

Does this mean you voted for me? I mean, I voted for you and I don't think either of us made the finalists!:confused:

I guess you and I only played about 30 games each...why should we even be considered for such a prestigious title?:D

Oh well, there's always next year....Or is there?:(

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have voted for you Besty, but unfortunately it was up to the coaches. Maybe you should talk to Keith. You must be some player to only play 7 or 8 games in a non hardware winning season to make such an un-political squad such as this :rolleyes:

Don't quit man, I've still got partial hearing in my right ear. Next year your moans could finish it off. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0