Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Premier] Who will come out on top in the VMSL 2009/10

show

May 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm all for playing the best of the island/valley instead of Norvan/Westside on the reg. Not the rag..the reg.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree that the League will not be as strong the first year or 2 but soon afterwards it will be stronger as players move around and settle in and as religation moves weeker squads down and promotion brings new clubs up..Time is what it takes..Time....but in the end this will be a stronger league for sure. And is a great move for BC Soccer.
I still dont beleive any team will pass up the opportunity to move up..Maybe Im wrong..Cause what a shame that would be and a huge step backwards.

Considering 7 of 11 teams(one team wasn't there) voted against this new league........there will likely be more teams not wanting to move up than want to move up........

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree that the League will not be as strong the first year or 2 but soon afterwards it will be stronger as players move around and settle in and as religation moves weeker squads down and promotion brings new clubs up..Time is what it takes..Time....but in the end this will be a stronger league for sure. And is a great move for BC Soccer.
I still dont beleive any team will pass up the opportunity to move up..Maybe Im wrong..Cause what a shame that would be and a huge step backwards.
Just my two-cents as I haven't said anything on this topic yet...Ghouse, I'm afraid "time" will show what a disaster this BC Premier league idea was and then it will leave the VMSL, FVSL, and VISL two steps back of where they are now. Let's say for argument sake that the top 4 VMSL Premier teams at the end of this season DO go up (they won't as Captain said), but at the end of the 2010/11 innaugral BC Premier league season you have the 3 FVSL teams all being relegated. So, based on what Azzi has told us, each league sends their own Premier league champion up for the next season, meaning the FVSL only has one team that following season. After that, say 2-3 VISL teams get relegated, so by the third season, this "Super" league has 1 FVSL team, maybe 1-2 VISL, and the rest VMSL...let's be honest...what is the motivation for the FVSL and VISL to continue supporting this league if they only have 1 team each per season vs 7-8 VMSL teams??? What does that do to improve the VISL or FVSL???:confused:

As Captain says, we already know that 7 VMSL Premier teams voted "NO" for this league, after Azzi stood up and told the AGM attendees that the Premier teams had voted yes for this league...such B/S...we sat there in a meeting and told Azzi to go and get all the answers to the questions we had about this proposal, not "yes" to the league.

Anyways, I disagree that this league will better soccer in our Province and improve our performances at National Championships. To be a successful team, you not only need some talented individuals, but team chemistry plays a far greater role over the long run...if the players don't trust or believe in their team mates, if they're not willing to battle/compete for each other, then all you have is a group of mercenaries, probably like what AFC used to be (from what I heard from former players)...look what happened to them...paying players and having no sense of loyalty bought a little bit of immediate success in league results, but after they didn't win anything big (I think?), players started leaving, and the club fell to pieces...I see the exact same thing happening to this BC league.

On top of all this, although you've seemed to write off the concern, the comments made by others are completely valid in regards to the new financial strains this league will place on teams. Not every club out there has your financial means and/or sponsors, so unless the new league subsidizes the extra travel costs of trips to/from the Island, the best teams will never be in this league.

Again, just my two-cents and honest concerns & opinions...

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Set up?? ha

What if Delta gets relegated? How many players wil stay with the team? and what if at the same time Sporting goes down to Div 2..what will happen then? Will Millar and his new crew find another Premier team.......

Time will tell.....

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, Mark. :thumbsup: Nowadays, it seems like these sort of things are being attempted more. When Club Ireland gained promotion two year ago, we as a Club still knew we had to try and improve over the long term. Good luck this year with the new set-up. :)

Thanks Captain, but it's Mike, not Mark ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard SU played Peg on Saturday and won 4-0

Not too sure if either team was missing anyone... Reedie?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs.......according to the gaffer.... a few players had played before the game in other tournaments/prior commitments. Having said that SU had their full compliment of players and looked very good. It will definitely be between SU and WV this year.........early preseason call.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not so Cap't. SU was missing 5 or 6 players for that game, but still looking good for the coming season.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not so Cap't. SU was missing 5 or 6 players for that game, but still looking good for the coming season.

The players he mentioned were there.......

Clarke
Skinner
McAulay
Rizal
Angus Burke
Vince Stewart
Cam Wilson

Not that it matters much....but who would have been missing who will be starting for SU this season? :)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0