Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Premier] Who will come out on top in the VMSL 2009/10

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where in my post does it say the idea is to get guys to move from team to team..what I said was with the new division players will move from team to team to play in the higher division if the team they are on does not want to move up. Good players will move up and around just like they do now...hell they just named a few in this post above...
Yes you will have loyal guys and good for them...all im saying is lots of players will jump ship to play in this division..for sure.
To many clubs are way to proud to play in a division that is not the top division..weather the soccer is better or not the managers/players/sponcers/owners will want to play in the top division...Exept Richmond B forms players of coarse.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ghouse, I totally agree with you. If BC soccer is trying to implement something, well why not try it. You can always go back to playing any different level you would like.
Just to inquiry: Will BC soccer be helping out the teams (financilly, marketing and so on)in this new league?

Mr. Portugal - I see you are playing for Delta...Isn't that the exact point Ghouse is making?!?! Players will be going to a better league/division if they feel they can compete and get better comptetion.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where in my post does it say the idea is to get guys to move from team to team..what I said was with the new division players will move from team to team to play in the higher division if the team they are on does not want to move up. Good players will move up and around just like they do now...hell they just named a few in this post above...
Yes you will have loyal guys and good for them...all im saying is lots of players will jump ship to play in this division..for sure.
To many clubs are way to proud to play in a division that is not the top division..weather the soccer is better or not the managers/players/sponcers/owners will want to play in the top division...Exept Richmond B forms players of coarse.

Right enough.......throw any form of loyalty out the window. :rolleyes:

That's all we need is more soccer sluts because there aren't enough around.......

"Screw that, I'm not playing division one....I"m going to play at Premier at any cost. Who gives a **** the division one guys spend as much time on the the game as premier? I am going to play as the 17th player on a Super League team and be on the outside looking it. IT should be ****ing brilliant. What was that? Sure, I'll get the water right now."

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Portugal - I see you are playing for Delta...Isn't that the exact point Ghouse is making?!?! Players will be going to a better league/division if they feel they can compete and get better comptetion.

Yes, that is the point Ghouse is making, and I never said anything about that. My only beef with your other post was that you are questioning the loyalty of players you don't even know. Guys that have been with Sporting for years. Now they decide to join one other team and all of a sudden we are not loyal to our club? You don't even know what is going on with our club! The two clubs (Delta and Sporting) may be separate, but it doesn't mean we aren't working together at the team level. The specifics of what we are doing is none of your business.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesyjr, serious question and don't take it personally but if you didn't get relegated, would you have 'merged' with Delta? They would have had a hard time getting in a lot of players good enough to play premier without you.

N

NDU Alumni

Herb Jr. is it true you did not want to come back to ND as you are afraid Mantie will cut from a fourth team???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it true this "Mantie" character never played for an North Delta "A" team?

Sticks, stones, glass houses, and a big fcuk you sounds about right here :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it when a guy asks a question he knows the answer to. :rolleyes:

What's your point Captain?

I asked a question.........IF you stayed up and knowing that the Whitecaps didn't have a spot and Delta was struggling to get a team, would you have merged with them? It is a simple question. As I stated, don't take it personally. It was a legitimate question and if you don't have an answer, that's fine. We can all move on........should I? What the hell.:rolleyes:

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesyjr, serious question and don't take it personally but if you didn't get relegated, would you have 'merged' with Delta? They would have had a hard time getting in a lot of players good enough to play premier without you.

We wouldn't have merged with them, but we would have invited Millar and his boys to come out and play with us at Sporting before he decided to take over the reins at Delta.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We wouldn't have merged with them, but we would have invited Millar and his boys to come out and play with us at Sporting before he decided to take over the reins at Delta.

Fair enough, Mark. :thumbsup: Nowadays, it seems like these sort of things are being attempted more. When Club Ireland gained promotion two year ago, we as a Club still knew we had to try and improve over the long term. Good luck this year with the new set-up. :)

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Loyalty??? whats the divorce rate now a days...?
Please..We lost our top Center Mid to someone in the VMSL..last week.
Super pissed about it but hey thats soccer.
BC soccer is not helping the new league at all as far as I know..But the costs are not that much...Simple guys if you want soccer to grow and compete with Jr Hockey and Jr Football then this league HAD to come into play.
So when Kids deside at that age what sport to choose ,maybe they choose soccer.
We got MLS so we need to have something more on the ground floor to help support this sport. A Jr program if you will and NOT the american PDL. But something we can call our own...Our grass roots.
The VMSL is great but its not Provincial .
We will be getting press from the Province once a week like the other Jr sports .
Double header game days so we can set up beer gardens and BBQ.
And watch teams from other areas that now we only see once a year..Maybe.
What a day. The sport grows everywhere in BC together..And ya the Interior will be involved soon enough.
If you cant understand why this new league(division) is so great then ,keep watchin the USL.
GrOw CANADA!

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
does anyone think bringing in the top 3 island teams, and top 3 fvsl teams is a stronger league that the top 10 VMSL teams??

If say, Inter fails to qualify, are they not a better team then Sooke, ACBC, Naniamo, Poco, ect. ect.

Im not slagging the BCPL, just not sure its been thought out throughaly enough?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
does anyone think bringing in the top 3 island teams, and top 3 fvsl teams is a stronger league that the top 10 VMSL teams??

If say, Inter fails to qualify, are they not a better team then Sooke, ACBC, Naniamo, Poco, ect. ect.

Im not slagging the BCPL, just not sure its been thought out throughaly enough?

Better yet........when the top 4 teams in the VMSL decline to go to the Super League, how 'Super' is the league at that point? :confused:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A result from this evening: WVFC A 3, Capilano University 0.

Scorers for WV were (ironically) all time Cap U leading scorer Corey Birza with one, VMSL select Ryan Glanville with one, and new signing Kevin Crouch with one. The latter being MOTM.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do agree that the League will not be as strong the first year or 2 but soon afterwards it will be stronger as players move around and settle in and as religation moves weeker squads down and promotion brings new clubs up..Time is what it takes..Time....but in the end this will be a stronger league for sure. And is a great move for BC Soccer.
I still dont beleive any team will pass up the opportunity to move up..Maybe Im wrong..Cause what a shame that would be and a huge step backwards.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0