Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter September '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I went out to watch the Surrey Firefighters/ Peg game.
0-0 was the final and could have gone either way.
Both teams have the whos who lineup. Fast game. Surreys keeper came up big in the second half a few times and Pegs D cleared the line late in the first.
All in all a great game to watch.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Premier Results & Banter September '09

Good start for ICST Peg against one of the stronger teams in the league........

Unfortuntely, Richmond can't say the same thing. :( It's a long season though.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good start for ICST Peg against one of the stronger teams in the league........

Unfortuntely, Richmond can't say the same thing. :( It's a long season though.
Our boys played well. I was awful and gifted MF the 3 points. CMF 5 - 2 RFC.

Jarvie with 2 for us.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

As was previously mentioned. Inter squeak it out 1 buzz.

Tino did finish it well but he should never have gotten that far. A couple of half-hearted attempts at tackles just isn't good enough. At that stage of the game, even if you're hewlett packard, grab his shirt 40 yards out, fall on him....whatever. Fitness was lacking for our boys and that hurt us.
Had to have a slag with him after the game though for running away to the tree, er, crowd in celebration followed by the entire Italian community;)

Inter had their chances and we had our fair share. Could have tied it up in injury time right after Tino scored and should have to be honest.
Think a tie would have been fair but that's how it goes. On to Peg.

I HATE COACHING!

DB

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reedie must be pretty pumped with that result for Peg. Thomo, not so much.

Great start to the year, Peg on thier way to the BC Super league :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SU hasn't given up a goal yet and won most of their pre-season games by a converted touchdown so I'm shocked to be honest... not to mention after watching Peg fumble around last Tuesday I took the over at 3 on this one.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I went out to watch the Surrey Firefighters/ Peg game.
0-0 was the final and could have gone either way.
Both teams have the whos who lineup. Fast game. Surreys keeper came up big in the second half a few times and Pegs D cleared the line late in the first.
All in all a great game to watch.

Surrey came out flying for the first 10 then things settled down and it was prety even the rest of the first half. CJ should have done better when Sheppard dropped it right in front of goal, and the poke was cleared off the line. 2nd half was pretty much all ICST Peg. Can't recall Andy ever having to leave his feet for a save.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well done to Reedie and the boys. A very good start to the season.

Mithee Bundha

Mithee Bundha

Jun 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Indo played a great game last night. Indo was coached well and Indo were very organized. Only thing ICST could have done more was shoot.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapperton 2
Columbus 0

A well deserved victory for the Sapp boys. Columbus obviously hurting from the suspensions being served from last years Provincial tournament. I dont know if Poli or Deblasio would have helped. Sapp were a pretty determined team. It was 2-0 at half....not the most entertaining game, but soccer in the September sunshine is nice.

As for the ICST Peg/SUFF game last night - a good sized crowd saw a pretty good - fast paced match. I think the three points were there for the taking but Shephard came up huge. Goldie and CJ were constant threats and Costley was dynamite. As for SUFF, Stefan Leslie was their best player and their depth is exceptional. Its a nice luxury to have Vince Stewart and Jeff Clarke coming off the bench.

Bandit 007

Sep 12, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money

As for the ICST Peg/SUFF game last night - a good sized crowd saw a pretty good - fast paced match. I think the three points were there for the taking but Shephard came up huge. Goldie and CJ were constant threats and Costley was dynamite. As for SUFF, Stefan Leslie was their best player and their depth is exceptional. Its a nice luxury to have Vince Stewart and Jeff Clarke coming off the bench.

I made the drive over to watch last night... along with a good sized crowd at Newton.

Clarke didnt start, but did well when he came on for Rosenlund, who I was certainly surprised to see come off. Cam Wilson looked dangerous for them and had a few premium chances early in each half, which he usually finishes with ease. Vince Stewart did play the full '90 for SUFF on the right with Stefan Leslie (who did very well in the 2nd half) playing at full-back behind him. Both covered a great amount of ground throughout the match. You could tell SUFF really missed Ganief through suspension up front...

Great organization from Peg, who were able to adapt to the SUFF attack. CJ was extremely dangerous in the second half and the SUFF keeper made 2 or 3 superb saves.

Fair result, as SUFF dominating the first half and Indo, the second. It was one of the fastest paced vmsl games I have seen in a couple years.

P

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hmmmmmm, I heard that Andy Singh only had one save to make and Sheps stood on his head several times but then again I wasn't there........

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Super League is long ways away. At the end of it all you will see Inter, Metro Ford, West Van, Columbus,Surrey and Delta be very close. Peg has tomany good players ???. Good luck to all.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

WestVan 1
Croatia 1

Didar punched it out and it went off the back of a guys head and in. Hard luck.
Craviero on a nicely finished header.
WestVan played the last 30 with 10 men.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sapperton 2
Columbus 0

A well deserved victory for the Sapp boys. Columbus obviously hurting from the suspensions being served from last years Provincial tournament. I dont know if Poli or Deblasio would have helped. Sapp were a pretty determined team. It was 2-0 at half....not the most entertaining game, but soccer in the September sunshine is nice.
Columbus didn't look all that interested and were a far cry from the team I saw in the Imperial Cup last year - I think they were in summer-mode still.

I hate playing the long ball, but it was on most of the day, so we kept doing it. Blakeway in the 15th min when Pierotti beat the goalie to the ball with his head and gave it to Blakes from 8 out. TT finished the corner kick scramble in the 35th min. Our defense was solid and block many long range attempts by Columbus.

As usual at this time of year, the grass at Queens Park was immaculate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0