Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 0 - Sporting 4

Well, Sap is in a word of hurt right now. No too many things are going our way. Hopefully we can re-group after Xmas.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough luck WAB, hang in there. some VMSL teams may see a change in fortune now that the Whitecaps have again told their players that they cannot play in the VMSL. I don't know how many teams this will affect but I think it is shortsighted of the 'Caps.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 4 - Sapperton 0

Sapp was obviously missing a few guys, not sure if they're hurt or what, but they were on the sideline watching. Their backline was missing key guys from last year.

Anyway, that's not to take anything away from our performance. I thought we played extremely well.

Ryan Dormer with 2 goals, Cj Greenside with one, and newly signed "Reimer" with one as well.

I felt bad for Corey, he had absoolutely no help and was obviously getting frustrated.

Onto MetroFord next week.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
Looks like Olympics were crushed again and this time by a struggling Firefighters side 6-1.

Bastards. Can't believe they would run up the score like that. Are you sure it wasn't Inter in the Firefighter jerseys...

Seriously.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed. I heard from my “ASS” that this should have been 8 to 10 – nill. Niall “fcuking” Thompson with 4 on his own after missing, what could only be described as 3 other "sitters". Funny innit? You bang in 4 and all they talk about is the 3 you should have had… Not that that has ever happened to me, right LDP? ;)

Thanks for coming Olys....

SU and Temple has been PPD until Monday night.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1 Ivan Lee and the rest of the Italians 1

Croatia PK in the 90th minute to pull level. Word is both Keepers played outstanding and there-for move up 1 spot each in the KNVB official goal keeper ranking system. Tough weekend for Didar having falling two spots, but on a positive note and with-out playing, I move up two and jump ahead of Brum and LDP.... just because.

Sheppard - SU
Breure - Sapperton
Smiles - Croatia
Kindel - Ivan Lee's team
Didar - Indo
Serje - new AFC keeper (X-UBC and Whitecap)
Bird - Metro Ford
Me... - SU
Brum - Sporting
LDP - Clan Bus

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 0 AFC 1

Two dropped decisions in a row. First half saw AFC with most of the possession, but we created the best chance as a shot was cleared off the line. In the second half, AFC scored from a redirection as we blocked the first two attempts on net, but the third was deflected into the net. The remainder of the game, we tried and nearly equalized on a free kick, but AFC countered as we pressed and Didar made some good saves to keep the deficit at one.

AFC is much improved from years gone by. They have bought into Coach Bubsbys' system (sp?) and are playing as a unified group. The addition of former Whitecaps Josh Wicks (in goal) and Diaz Kambere (left back) make them defensively stronger. They will be a tough team to beat in the new year when Marcina returns.

Gilly

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilly said:
The addition of former Whitecaps Josh Wicks (in goal) and Diaz Kambere (left back) make them defensively stronger. They will be a tough team to beat in the new year when Marcina returns.
Gilly

What does that bring their weekly game salary total to?

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Croatia 1 Ivan Lee and the rest of the Italians 1

Croatia PK in the 90th minute to pull level. Word is both Keepers played outstanding and there-for move up 1 spot each in the KNVB official goal keeper ranking system. Tough weekend for Didar having falling two spots, but on a positive note and with-out playing, I move up two and jump ahead of Brum and LDP.... just because.

Sheppard - SU
Breure - Sapperton
Smiles - Croatia
Kindel - Ivan Lee's team
Didar - Indo
Serje - new AFC keeper (X-UBC and Whitecap)
Bird - Metro Ford
Me... - SU
Brum - Sporting
LDP - Clan Bus

Smiles way in first after tonight! I mean, way.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly,

You mention that Josh Wicks is a former Whitecap - did he quit, get cut or ?!?! He's American so I wonder what the deal is with him staying here if he is no longer a part of the Whitecaps organisation?

Cheers,

~O35CanadaNCTeammate.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, I think that the Special Olympics should consider taking legal action against Firemen and Inter and even the VMSL after another bad defeat. The league seems to be picking on them and I'm sure by now they're a little pissed off. Or maybe they're really that damn bad.

Watched the Inter-Croatia game yesterday. I thought Inter looked a little funny with their new kit - a red and white velvet suit with a red and white hat and black boots, but when I saw the gift they gave Croatia in the 90th minute it all made sense. Both keepers looked good and made some big stops, but Croatia shouldn't have been in the game. The team of the decade couldn't seal the deal. Inter I hope you guys have better luck with the ladies. As much as I hate to say it, it was Inter's game.

On a side note, it's time the league distributes ear plugs to all the teams playing Croatia. Hey guys, why don't you have a moan about it.

Seriously.

KNVB, where's Ivan Lee on your top keepers list???

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sadly, Mr. Lee is hovering at #11. I'm afraid he didn't meet the minimum high requirement to make KNVB’s top 10. Perhaps if we re-measure him in a pair of sixes while standing on cement…

Temple vs. Surrey U tonight, 8:30 Cloverdale Athletic. Follow the glow from the burning tires, turn right at the Chevy on blocks and you’re there. The Weather office said the Hurricane should subside by game time…

Attachments

• 56inches.jpg
    56inches.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 50

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Gilly,

You mention that Josh Wicks is a former Whitecap - did he quit, get cut or ?!?! He's American so I wonder what the deal is with him staying here if he is no longer a part of the Whitecaps organisation?

Regs,

I spoke with him briefly after our game, and he said that the 'Caps had released him......he also mentioned something about already being picked up by Portland. I assume he is currently volunteering his services to help AFC in the VMSL;)

Gilly

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
After all these years of feeling bad for not understanding what Rino was saying it's not my fault. I didn't know he was actually speaking Croatian. What's the deal with Croatia's new addition?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Sadly, Mr. Lee... Perhaps if we re-measure him in a pair of sixes while standing on cement…

Careful.

He plays on a WOP team and you may become part of the cement that he stands on. You wouldnt be the first, or the last to become part of someones foundation.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good tip, Pipo

Don Lee, respectfully, Sir, I apologize. May I fetch you an Espresso? Not that I think your stature couldn't handle a regular size cup of coffee of course.

KNVB sleeps with the fishes.

PS

I hear Johnny Sulentic may be back playing with Croatia in January.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

Do I turn right at the blue chevy on blocks or the white one? And the glow from the burning tires...is the game at your house?

Sopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0