Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The better team won?? Are you kidding? Yes the Olympics won - but they are not the better team and everyone in the league knows that, end of discussion. At the end of the day credit goes to the the winning team because they won, simple as that. With that aside, Temple can play with the better teams in the league and still get points - I don't think that can be said for the Olympics. As for coaching strategies, maybe Temple should employ the 9-1-1 and have 10 guys in the box and maybe tie every remaining game, but I tell you that isn't fun to watch or play in. I would rather lose playing than tie sitting in the box all game - just my opinion. "..but call an ace of spades and ace..." - I really don't know what that means????

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC 2
Columbus 1

Clan not too happy with the officiating today. They played with 10 men for 3/4 of the game and had a pk called against them in the second half - AFC converted and then scored via a debatabel free kick. AFC are a team to watch out for - they have skill, toughness and pace. Columbus scored late and could very well have equalized.

Two good teams - could have easily have been a draw.

Sandman

PS: Happy Holidays to everyone

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous,

I'm throwing a Christmas/Special Olympics first win celebration party at your mom's house. Everyone is welcome. Please make sure the Special coaching staff is present so the rest of the league can hear all about the tactics used in THE BIG WIN.

On a side note I watched some of the Columbus-AFC match today. Both teams look good. Looked like a pretty even game. AFC seemed to have a regular player missing from their lineup. Any AFC players or staff have any news on where Andrew Riopel was today? It doesn't feel like you're watching an AFC game without Riopel playing and his biggest fan cheering him on.

TTFN,

Sopes.

PS. Fcuk Inter

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brent Sopel said:
Fantabulous,

I'm throwing a Christmas/Special Olympics first win celebration party at your mom's house. Everyone is welcome. Please make sure the Special coaching staff is present so the rest of the league can hear all about the tactics used in THE BIG WIN.

I hear Ivan Lee and his chequered pants will be there selling his new book. Inter's young Maradona will be there too offering nutritional tips from his new book "Freshman 15, Fitness Tips From The All Starch Diet." Corazza will be there to school the Olympiques on goal scoring. Just look for the yellow bus.

Forza Inter! Buon Natale!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
utah said:
What the ? is chequered?
Pants with a bunch of blank cheques?

Are you with the Olympics? Here is what "chequered" means:

chequered
adjectivepatterned with alternating squares of color [syn: checked]

The remedial class gathers each week. They call it Div. 1.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Oranje is using the Queen's, (not GWB's) English: ie behaviour not behavior, endeavour not endeavor, and I am going to write a "cheque" not a "check", (or if you are an injured EPL goaltender, Cech).

But WTF would I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0