Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Maybe agtesive" indeed... :rolleyes:

how does one go about smelling crapam? and do cold ones go down better afterwards? Inquiring minds NEED to know.

Surprizing. :D

~at least they are easier to *attempt* to translate these days...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See Rags it is all in the tatch. First tatch is non existant here. So we make mistakes. One or two are OK. Aga was a leader. That makes us that way, we head to fight our way to freedom. That 's where that word came in use. Cheers.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - Peg 4

Garth was awesome in net for Sapp. 1st 15 min, PK save and the cross-the-goal toe save was amazing.

Peg made subs at 3-1 and Sapp capitalized - Peg was nervous to say the least, but yet another Sapp defensive blunder finished it off late.

On a plus note: 7 goals in 3 games for Sapp. Now we just have to fix the back end.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - Peg 4

Garth was awesome in net for Sapp. 1st 15 min, PK save and the cross-the-goal toe save was amazing.

Peg made subs at 3-1 and Sapp capitalized - Peg was nervous to say the least, but yet another Sapp defensive blunder finished it off late.

On a plus note: 7 goals in 3 games for Sapp. Now we just have to fix the back end.

Point of clarification: we were only "nervous" for the health and safety of our staff member who had to watch the game from behind the net in complete darkness, virtually from the dangerous streets and alleys of New Westminster...it seems that there was nothing in place to stop the ball behind the net, which didn't bode well with about 400 metres of slick downhill grass combined with the fact the Sapperton keeper, who did play extremely well on the night, was time wasting with a 1-nil lead in the 46th minute. Our man behind the net must have fetched a dozen balls or so until we got the lead, at which point he was promptly removed from his post. :bronco:

Btw, perhaps the best dressing room in the history of the vmsl at Mercer Stadium....located quaintly beneath the stands there is, for lack of a better word, a narrow, rickety old mine shaft that was also home to various broken equipment, hidden court evidence, and a sleeping hobo. The mine shaft sloped downwards to an area that included what looked like a shallow grave and a home to some wild racoons and a snake pit. It is fair to say that we were "nervous to say the least" at this point. Having said that, Sapp did offer us an alternate room that would be shared with them and their leather couches, hot tub, big screen tv's, and chalk board (surely itemizing "strategies for wasting time in the 11th minute"). :D

Nevertheless, Sapperton are a great bunch of lads and I wish them the best of luck the rest of the way.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC Soccer Web contradicts coach reedie

Match Picks of the Week

Selected games to watch from British Columbia's top senior men's and women's amateur leagues. Please check league schedules for last minute changes.

Friday January 22

VMSL Premier
ICST Pegasus vs ICSF Inter
8:30pm Newton Athletic Park
Both teams are trying hard to qualify for next season's BC Premier League!

VISL First Division
Sooke Celtic vs Bays United FC
7:00pm Sooke

MWSL Premier
Coquitlam Metro-Ford vs NSGSC Renegades
8.00pm Charles Best Turf

Saturday January 23

FVSL Premier
Poco Rangers FC vs Peace Arch Utd
2:00pm Gates TURF
SX Cup (Premier Division Cup)
Pivotal match for two BIG rivals in the Round Robin Group stage

Sunday January 24

LIWSA Premier
Gorge FC Premier vs Nanaimo United
12:00pm Mariner Field, Nanaimo
Defending Champion and league leader Gorge FC Premier will be in Nanaimo squaring off with Nanaimo United for the start of Terry Price Cup play.

off the post

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point of clarification: we were only "nervous" for the health and safety of our staff member who had to watch the game from behind the net in complete darkness, virtually from the dangerous streets and alleys of New Westminster...it seems that there was nothing in place to stop the ball behind the net, which didn't bode well with about 400 metres of slick downhill grass combined with the fact the Sapperton keeper, who did play extremely well on the night, was time wasting with a 1-nil lead in the 46th minute. Our man behind the net must have fetched a dozen balls or so until we got the lead, at which point he was promptly removed from his post. :bronco:

Btw, perhaps the best dressing room in the history of the vmsl at Mercer Stadium....located quaintly beneath the stands there is, for lack of a better word, a narrow, rickety old mine shaft that was also home to various broken equipment, hidden court evidence, and a sleeping hobo. The mine shaft sloped downwards to an area that included what looked like a shallow grave and a home to some wild racoons and a snake pit. It is fair to say that we were "nervous to say the least" at this point. Having said that, Sapp did offer us an alternate room that would be shared with them and their leather couches, hot tub, big screen tv's, and chalk board (surely itemizing "strategies for wasting time in the 11th minute"). :D

Nevertheless, Sapperton are a great bunch of lads and I wish them the best of luck the rest of the way.
Great post!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Pegasus on the verge of signing a game breaker.......:eek: I wouldn't want to be any backline facing this player....especially being added to the pace and skill they already have.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
What!? I missed seeing the Irish Dervish in action? Next time lemme know dammit!! I'll come out and we can knock back a few pops post match!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Pegasus on the verge of signing a game breaker.......:eek: I wouldn't want to be any backline facing this player....especially being added to the pace and skill they already have.

I would say another 2 weeks or so before he can play captain?... indeed a gamebreaker.... you certainly loved it when he helped you out a two years ago.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Inters goalie Erman Ozkan for possibly getting a chance to play for the U23 Turkish National Team. The coach has been in contact with him for the past few days as they arranging a schedule for him to fly out to Turkey for a training camp that starts Feb 10. He must have impressed during a trail this past summer. All the best buddy.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Inters goalie Erman Ozkan for possibly getting a chance to play for the U23 Turkish National Team. The coach has been in contact with him for the past few days as they arranging a schedule for him to fly out to Turkey for a training camp that starts Feb 10. He must have impressed during a trail this past summer. All the best buddy.

Congrats indeed well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0