Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & banter January 08'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter December 07'

Not sure I agree with it being bullshit to cancel, net blows the other way and lands on the keepers head on the other end, I doubt we are having any of these conversations........you may be the keeper for Delta, judging from some other posts. Bottom line - just shut our league down from Dec 15th, to Jan 15th.

Firemen and Surrey today, game was a gong show. 1-0 Surrey at half, on screw up in our end, as they battled well with wind in face. We slot 3 with wind in our face, on a few blunders by them, good finishes, but sloppy at the back, we win 3-2. Wind was a joke, makes for boring games and not a lot of fun overall.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

well done westside boys. huge win. apparently dave irvine with a screamer to get the win. thanks for the heads up text....get in ya dancin bear!! either a win or a snow out next week please. back to the beach....aloha boys!!

AFC 2 Norvan 1.

Stay away from the sharks,my friend.....WE ARE THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Indo 1 Inter 1

Indo was the better team on the day.........Many chances in the second half in particular.....Inter had trouble dealing with the 2 - 4 - 4 we through at them late in the game. :D Inter was missing several players as were we......but who cares.........it was a good result for us but at the same time, it was disappointing not to end up with the three points.......we though they had a weakness at right back and we exposed it pretty good......our goal in the last minute came from that area........

Nice battle, Inter, but I'm sure you feel disappointed with the result, especially since it was one way traffic in the second half........I know Inter expected the 3 points today but we're not giving in that easily........Good luck the rest of the year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

On a side note.......the ref was outstanding today...........that guy knows how to ref....keeps the cards in his pocket.......talks to the players and keeps things under control. A great job overall...........

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

AFC 2 - Norvan 1

AFC looked strong with Diaz in the middle of the pitch, Kekic and a few other speedy players up front, Kevan Cameron and the other big centre back holding the fort, and finally Josh Wicks in goal. As for all the other games on the Friday, this one was just as ugly with the wind and rain.

AFC got off to a good start with a couple strikes from a distance but none were that threatening. First goal came off a free kick on a flick to Kekic moving through the box, beating the defender, and slotting it home. From that point forward, Norvan pushed for the equalizer, often times hitting Wicks on many of our crosses and strikes on goal. We had several good opportunities but none that found the ol' onion bag.

Second half was again ugly for both sides - possession wasn't exactly the theme of the evening. AFC's second goal came in the ~70th minute as a result of some unlucky Norvan defending in which AFC kept getting bounces on us up their right side when the ball finally landed to Zico(?) for a near post strike. Disappointing goal for us without question. AFC lost possession a few times along their back line, and we were unlucky not to capitalize on these errors. They did have a few breaks up the middle, though, as we pushed forward for a goal but were unable to finish. Norvan kept pushing and finally got a decent goal right at the end of the match - too late to have any effect on the game though.

With a look at the current standings, this should be interesting to see how things finish up. Looking forward to Inter next week.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

delta vs cro
the ref stopped the game on his own. we wanted to play, but when the wind picks up a net and moves it 5 feet, i don't know if the ref has a choice but to stop it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone check out the current discipline? Sapperton got slapped in the face big time for their part in the push up they had with Sporting. You’ve got to think they're in big trouble with arguably 3 of their best 5 players gone for the rest of the season.

Woody with 5 games
Breure (ouch) with 4
Rob Sing with 4

Sporting loses Stevey Dormer (hard man) for 3 and Jeff Yoon for 3.

Now pardon me, I have to leave now to make it to our game in time. West Van at 7:30... Are you kidding me?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 4 Indo 0

I'm always very blunt about game reports and this is not different......the score did not reflect the overall game.......in the first 12 minutes we hit the inside of the post, had a header cleared off the line and another fantastic chance on a lay back inside the 18 yard box........Columbus was doing a good job too and was able to create a couple of good chances, with our keeper making a nice save from a shot just inside the 18......

This was all in the first 20 minutes......exciting to say the least....then one of defenders received a red card for taking a goal scoring opportunity away with his hand. No argument here as it was probably the only call the ref had all night.......and I'm not exaggerating. I won't name who it was but he had a nightmare over the whole game.

At this point, Columbus grew in confidence and were stroking the ball about nicely but didn't create any more good chances in the first half.........1 - 0 at the half.....

We started very positively in the second half and were noticeably carrying the play to Columbus. They were getting frustrated and were having difficulty clearing the ball for a bit.........then on a counter-attack they received an absolute joke of a penalty.......it was a ****ing terrible call.......end of story.........At 2 - 0, we continued to push hard and again had two very good chances.......once again, Columbus scored on a counter-attack, since we had adjusted to a 3 - 3 - 3.......:) The ref continued to have a shocker and some of the Indo supporters commented on this.......then a 4th goes in(2 yards offside right AFTER a Xausa foul on Jag........supporters continued to let the ref know how bad he was......I was called on to the field to stop them. I insisted that they were supporters and there was very little I could do about especially when it was hard to argue with what they were saying.......30 seconds later he called the game with about 15 minutes to go......I believe he handed out 5 yellow cards to us besides the red(which was deserved) and Columbus escaped with NONE.....I forgot to mention that when I asked the ref why he played 44 minutes in the first half, right after he blew the whistle, his response......"One more word from you and you're gone." Nice.

Overall, Columbus moved the ball nicely at times.....but I never felt like we were out of the game with 10 men........until the shocker 2nd penalty he called. At that point, it was going to be VERY difficult and it was. Good luck to Columbus the rest of the season and I can only hope we don't get this ref again. Particularly when he was antagozing players and supporters alike with his constant 'smiling' after giving yellow cards.........once again, nice touch.

Our work is going to be cut out for us now with 4 games to go........We'll keep plugging away and we definitely played some good football at times tonight......despite the result, I was very pleased with the effort the boys put in tonight, especially since they played 70 minutes with 10 men.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 - Trollops 0.

Probably one of the better Trollup sides I've seen in my 10 years in the league to be honest. They had a few chances but nothing you would call a “lost opportunity”. We scored mid-way though the second and defended well when we needed to. A much needed 3 after blowing our lead against the firemen last week. Puts us second over all I believe behind Sporting.

The entire officiating crew had a shoc-ker in our game too. The word diabolical was used by both sides on numerous occasions.

We'll take it after beign 10 minutes shy of a 2 hour commute to West Van, a 20 minute warm up and then having to pay $6 fcuking. 99 for a pint of Keith’s at Millstones.

Feb 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 - Trollops 0.

Probably one of the better Trollup sides I've seen in my 10 years in the league to be honest. They had a few chances but nothing you would call a “lost opportunity”. We scored mid-way though the second and defend well when we needed to. A much needed 3 after blowing our lead against the firemen last week. Puts us second over all I believe behind Sporting.

The entire officiating crew had a shoc-ker in our game too. The word diabolical was used by both sides on numerous occasions.

We'll take it after beign 10 minutes shy of a 2 hour commute to West Van, a 20 minute warm up and then having to pay $6 fcuking. 99 for a pint of Keith’s at Millstones.

That was your fault for going to Milestones :D Thr rxtra 20 yards to cactus Cub would have been a much better choice.

ST4life

Nov 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 4 Indo 0

I won't name who the ref was but he had a nightmare over the whole game.

How can anyone not figure out who the ref was. Every game he refs, the cards are always lob-sided one way. Pretty much whoever he feels should lose that game, he start handing cards out to. I've never seen a ref who is such a head case and won't let anyone ask him a question. Again this brings up the question, the people who run this league want to improve it and make it as competative as possible, but how is this suppose to happen when refs like the one Indo/Temple and Columbus had tonight dont give any team a chance to pull out a well fought victory. You know its bad when the Columbus players are laughing and apologizing saying "ya that was a foul on us". The league really should be coming out to the games and determining watch referee's are fit to ref in this league and which ones are not like the joke of the ref that indo/temple and columbus had tonight.

Can anyone figure out who the ref was?

Shouldn't be very hard.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
NEMESIS, YOU ARE CORRECT.

Miro reffed the Norvan - Inter game today and did a fine job. Simple rule with him, don't argue, complain, piss and moan and generally the game will go fine. That rule should be applied to all refs.

1-0 Inter. Matt Mori with the winner on a nice piece of skill to chest the ball down, turn and thump a volley into the net.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 2 Westside 1

Good game out in Burnaby(after they got the lights on:rolleyes:) We came out ridiculously flat and went down 2-0 after about 20 minutes. Big man up front was causing us all sorts of problems in the air.
We cleaned our act up and started playing some good football...had Firemen on the back foot for easily over an hour of the game other than the odd counter attack.
Pulled one back with about 15 to go, missed some guilt edge chances but that's football. Another defeat by a goal for the love of God!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear Metro Ford won their match.....getting dodgy down the stretch.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 - Norvan 0

Good battle in North Van on the new Sutherland pitch - the new turf is getting more realistic every year!

Yes, it was a great strike from Mori - it had to be given the fact we left him wide open up front with all the time in the world (not gonna go into details here, but I would say that it resulted from a very questionable substitution on our end 5 minutes prior).

First half had chances at both ends. Inter got in behind us a couple times - on one occasion, Morello ripped one off the bar. Otherwise, not many other great chances for them even though they had their share of corners and possession. I should mention that Sheldon was probably their best player on the day, giving us a headache up their left-hand side. Inter did well on the ball in their own third and middle third, but I thought we did well to defend when they tried to penetrate. We had a few chances as well, especially from our right flank but couldn't find the goal - although I was close from about 40 yards out on one occasion (almost hit the corner flag! ;-) ).

In the second half, it opened up considerably. Several close offside calls on Inter - they were all offside as I was holding the line ;-). We had several chances to boot, including a couple near breakaways and clear shooting opportunities but again coming up short. Inter changed their attack to a more direct approach, hoping to find a free striker with a flick on or through ball. For the most part, we kept them at bay, but once that goal went it, Inter were unlucky not to get one or two more.

Given the fact that Inter could finish their chances and we couldn't, I'd have to say that they deserved it even though we had as many or even more excellent scoring opportunities. We've been cursed in front of the goal this year, and today was no different. We've definitely improved our possession and gameplay from previous years but lack the finish. It's frustrating that we have been in every game this year (except for our second Croatia game apparently) but couldn't find a positive result. Looks like it's all shooting practice from here on in... next stop Sapp!

Seds

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miro reffed the Norvan - Inter game today and did a fine job. Simple rule with him, don't argue, complain, piss and moan and generally the game will go fine. That rule should be applied to all refs.

1-0 Inter. Matt Mori with the winner on a nice piece of skill to chest the ball down, turn and thump a volley into the net.

There is nothing fine about Miro. He was awful last night!!!!! Ruined the game with some stupidity.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
RE: Miro

I've seen him at times being spot on and others on another planet. Today, he reffed a sound game with not much to complain about on both ends. He even did well to correctly call a few offsides that the lino ruled onside.

It's tough to hear that the Indo game didn't go too well, but I have been in similar games where I've seen one squad get up on the ref so much that he turns on them. I've seen Miro take sides in the past. Indo (and Croatia for that matter) are two teams that I know who will often get on the ref if things aren't going their way, so maybe this could be a little karma biting them in the ass. Regardless, it's shitty for any game to be impacted by the referee such that it directly affects the final result. My two cents...

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seds,

With all due respect - If anyone gets on the refs its your two coaches. So bad in fact that were suspended by the league this year...every team in the league has "issues" with an official at some point in time...

On a side note, I knew Miro would have a good performance today...maybe he got a good wake-up call last night...

Sandman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts