Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter December 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancitysbest I am glad that you see real democracy. Any Livingston is a grate park to play out of. For get bad comments about people that have drug problems.
Almost al of them wish they did not have the problem. It takes people to help in this community, by bashing nothing will change. It is all still the same. Yellow cars $5.oo red cars twenty $. Come and watch the game.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blah Blah Blah. "superleague" this, "superleague" that. Just let it happen.

While you guys have been blabbering about the "superleague" you have missed what is happening in the background.

Alleyezonme has been so quiet on TTP recently b/c he has created his own league next year.

Every team will wear Arsenal kits, have their own personal Asian Physio (waist-to-hip ratio of between 0.67 and 0.80 and 36 24 36 accordingly) strictly enforced for the physios. All matches will be played at Westview Park in North Delta, and the player of the week will get "one G.I.B winter ale" to share for his team.

Back to VMSL game action this Friday night at Andy Livingstone between SUFF and Croatia. News is apparently the "safe injection" site has moved 6 meters off the sideline to accommodate the players and spectators. Pigeon park residents are in a uproar, so expect protests and various pop can throwing.

Since you live in the prestigious panarama ridge area in surrey/delta wouldnt it be easier for you to play for Delta United rather than Surrey United, but then again since you are soo loaded, gas being $1.08 per litre and driving to cloverdale athletic isnt such a problem for you is it.

vancitysbest

Mar 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since you live in the prestigious panarama ridge area in surrey/delta wouldnt it be easier for you to play for Delta United rather than Surrey United, but then again since you are soo loaded, gas being $1.08 per litre and driving to cloverdale athletic isnt such a problem for you is it.

Hahaha. Settle down, "I just inherited a mansion". I will meet you in Newton I am looking for a brown princess to finance my wedding.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hahaha. Settle down, "I just inherited a mansion". I will meet you in Newton I am looking for a brown princess to finance my wedding.
hahaha, newton is where it is at buddy, you do spend a lot of time there in the summer playing in the dip tournaments so I'm sure that you can catch the eye
of a brown princess there.
Wait a minute, didn't you just drive across the states to pick up your wife and get married in Montana or something? Lol... Hi Ashley!!! Haha

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCN,

Clubs are taking on some responsibility for developing youth players but there are a couple of issues...first of all, not every vmsl premier team is associated with a large club that has youth players. But, more importantly, the path for player development does not focus on club soccer, especially men's amateur senior soccer!!! This is a key point. Yes, players are identified at an early age initially through their youth clubs but then it is the provincial program, the national training centre, regional training centre, the local professional team's youth programs, and even the private academies that do the development...as it should be!!! The mens and womens senior club teams are more of a "landing ground" for former professionals, former college/university players, former provincial and national level players, and long-time amateur players...all of which enjoy the game.

The vmsl, fvsl, and visl are all amateur leagues for men...full of players that are, for the most part, far beyond development and focussed more on playing a high level of soccer, having a few pints and some laughs with their mates after the game, and not having to commit too much time to the cause because they have other priorities. I'm not saying the game doesn't matter to these players because once the whistle blows, nothing could matter more and the games and rivalries are fierce....but the goal of these leagues is not to "develop players".

Anyway, we have been told that the main goal of the BCPL is to "improve the status of soccer in BC", which makes no sense to me. Are we saying that by posting the BCPL standings in the local papers or doubling the crowd from 25 to 50 will make everyone feel better about the game and put the sport on the map in this province? Seems more to me like an ego stroke for amateur soccer. The status of soccer in BC is going to be improved dramatically with the MLS in 2011....imagine that, a professional team that can actually afford to take flights all over North America, never mind 3 or 4 ferry rides to the island with 5 or 6 guys that can't make it because they have to work that day and 2 more who miss the ferry because they were out partying the night before.

The level of play in BC should be measured by the performace of our provincial teams and our ability to generate players for our national team and professional teams at home and abroad. How our senior amateur teams perform at the national championship level is very important to the teams that qualify but should this be one of the speculative reasons for destroying the 3 amateur leagues? I believe the majority of players in all of these leagues are more interested in sticking with their mates than trying to get a small ego stroke or sacrificing what they currently enjoy so that we can maybe, just maybe, earn more national amateur championships.

you have it spot on! everything there makes sense. another reason alberta and manitoba win at nationals. stack one team with the best possible players? vmsl spreads out the players for the most part.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If BC wants to show better at Nationals, we have to align our leagues with the rest of the country. Having our leagues through the winter and then have a 4month break before Nationals will kill any kind of momentum a team has going.

Garuanteed if WV left 1 week after winning Provincials they would have faired a hell of a lot better.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
exactly outkast.

Long live the winter VMSL. there is nothing beyond or past this league. Forever Winter soccer with no money or fans.

are we the only province in Canada that plays the competitive season in the winter?
all chopped up with breaks and cancellations?
if so....
long live it. There is nothing better then this league. Ever.
Can't wait to go watch a game this weekend in the 5 degree rain, on turf.
Best soccer around forever.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I missed the subtle (that is the actual spelling) sarcasm as well. I have worked in that part of town for years, and the neighbourhood has gone a long way to making that field now something to be proud of in a very troubled and marginalized area. I guess it is fun for people from far away to make light of it. But you know what, if you have no home, sleep in the rain every night, everyone has given up on you, or an old gaffer on a fixed income, wouldn't it be kind of cool to watch a soccer game on a weekend and not be made fun of?

Keefer and Columbia is a long way from Panorama Ridge or places where princesses live.

Be thankful for what you have.

rich2

Oct 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
good point sir m. if anybody play's there watch you stuff, i think my wallet got stolen from my bag on the weekend. also give yourself some time before games. there is some free parking in the south side of the field. there is also a lot of tow trucks around and don't leave ANY valuables in your car.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is for sure true, lots of crime around there and obviously lots of drug use. Which of course causes the crime, (BTW it is not injection/needles mostly it is crack/pipes, the diff is they retain their crackpipes because they are not replaced for free). But there is nothing cooler IMO than taking a stroll out of my office on a Saturday aft and see some of the old pensioners that live around there sitting on a park bench and watching a little footie within walking distance from their room. That makes their week.

Sir M.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
exactly outkast.

Long live the winter VMSL. there is nothing beyond or past this league. Forever Winter soccer with no money or fans.

are we the only province in Canada that plays the competitive season in the winter?
all chopped up with breaks and cancellations?
if so....
long live it. There is nothing better then this league. Ever.
Can't wait to go watch a game this weekend in the 5 degree rain, on turf.
Best soccer around forever.

Lets not get confused here. The reason we play competitively through the winter is because were one of the few that CAN.Other provinces don't have that luxury.I do agree we should be aligned with the other provinces, but thats not to say we should drop competitive soccer during the months that these other provinces are forced onto small indoor facilities. There needs to be change, but it needs to be the right kind of change.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets not get confused here. The reason we play competitively through the winter is because were one of the few that CAN.Other provinces don't have that luxury.I do agree we should be aligned with the other provinces, but thats not to say we should drop competitive soccer during the months that these other provinces are forced onto small indoor facilities. There needs to be change, but it needs to be the right kind of change.

Spot on, we need change we can believe in...OBAMA FOR VMSL PRESIDENCY!!!

:D

Attachments

• Barack.jpg
    Barack.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 45

alleyezonme

Nov 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know VCB it has been too long since my return to ripping ppl online, but after a long journey on the 340 you lose some of your wits and feel like one of them. nonetheless a little butter chicken during a quick stop at "inherited mansion" helps revive the spirit! That can be quite addicting stuff if consumed irresponsibly, perhaps it would be a safe alternative to the crack/heroine??

The team physios must be found in the 'bubblicious' room in fabric wearing the exclusive talula line and will have to undergo the SJP basement test before they officially get released to the various team lockerrooms. Tatties are a must and will be visually verified by star#1.

I heard BMO allaccesspartying services was reserved for suff after friday nights match, so its shaping up to be quite the eventful night. bring your dentyne ice...

vancitysbest

Mar 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know VCB it has been too long since my return to ripping ppl online, but after a long journey on the 340 you lose some of your wits and feel like one of them. nonetheless a little butter chicken during a quick stop at "inherited mansion" helps revive the spirit! That can be quite addicting stuff if consumed irresponsibly, perhaps it would be a safe alternative to the crack/heroine??

The team physios must be found in the 'bubblicious' room in fabric wearing the exclusive talula line and will have to undergo the SJP basement test before they officially get released to the various team lockerrooms. Tatties are a must and will be visually verified by star#1.

I heard BMO allaccesspartying services was reserved for suff after friday nights match, so its shaping up to be quite the eventful night. bring your dentyne ice...

alleyezonme with the post of the year!!

Sir.M and others stop taking TTP (Take.The.Piss.) so seriously!

Got to run, going to donate my SUFF gear to salvation army!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0