Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having said that....Claudio is a good guy and if Chile gets the spot, he deserves it. Chile has had a difficult time since Rizal went down(hope he's doing better) so they are struggling at the moment....Otherwise, the league really should give the spot to Peg. When is it going to be decided? I always like the idea of giving the top 4 in the Imperial Cup a berth because there would usually be at least two of the 4 teams who were already top 4 in the league.....giving 6 or 7 spots to the the best league. Hopefully the league gets this one right.......and Peg gets the spot. It would make for a better tournament. And they're one of the teams that does not pay players contrary to what Canucks4ever is spewing.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alright fair shout I'll put my hands up and back down Captain. Generally speaking you and I get along here so I really don't want to get into a pissing contest.

You asked me to prove my claim, and without naming names (something I won't do because it is I do not believe it is fair to the players who may not be on this forum to rebut the claims)that is not possible. So I withdraw my claim, as I will trust your clearly greater knowledge of the inner workings of Pegasus.

I will however maintain my claim that Pegasus was in shambles before Xmas. The league table cannot be refuted Captain, no matter how much you want to revise history. With the massive influx of talent it took to put together the run they went on to stay in the league, is it not going to naturally raise some question marks about how exactly they so drastically and so suddenly turned it around?

How do you attract the kind of top talent they have now when they are a loss or two from being relegated with 2 months of the season to play? If they all had some deep lying loyalty to Pegasus and they were there to do everything they could for the team and if need be go down with them then fair enough, but even an ardent supporter such as yourself must surely be able to see why someone on the outside could be led to the same conclusion I was.

And for the record I never condemned them for it. Just simply said that I'm sure other teams in the bottom would have loved to be able to have attracted the talent they did late in the season, however it was they did it. Also re: provincials I have to agree with your assertion that they would be the best candidate to represent the VMSL. Having seen them down the stretch I think they would have a legitimate shot at the title. However, knowing the league it's likely going to the team next in the table aka Chile.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe I was the only player added to the Peg roster that hadn't already played for Peg in the past. I did not receive any money to play there (nor have I ever been paid to play for any team in the VMSL). Also, I only played a total of 90 minutes with Peg this year due to injury, so I was no help at all. Reynold Stewart was a big help, but he has been a Peg player for a few years now, he just always joins them after the UBC season is done. As for our run, it was regular Peg guys that have always been there who stepped up and played their hearts out week in a week out. It was a pleasure to be a part of that run.

La Wara

Dec 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
shamrock you'd be a great scout since you seem to know everything about everyone and have a good insight on every team. Please explain how peg should represent the last spot over chile when this season chile beat peg 1-0 and then 2-1. Chile also finished higher in the league standings. So your saying because peg won 3 games in imperial they deserve the spot ? Norvan also won 3 games in a row in the top league that we have why not send them. I'm not sure if your trying to get something from peg or maybe they paid you to represent them on ttp but you sound like a clown and canuck4ever I agree with your claim.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got to agree that Chile deserve the spot. Obviously Peg is the better team right now but provincial spots should be earned over the course of a season. Top 2 in cup sure, but it's a little tournament and giving the extra spot to a semifinalist doesn't make much sense.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 4 semi-finalists from the Imperial Cup always received spots to the provincials when the VMSL received 8 berths. It only switched when it was decided to give 1 spot to the PCSL and left the VMSL with 7 berths into provincials. So, if the you are looking at the precedent that has been set by the VMSL in the past, and if the VMSL is actually getting an 8th berth into the provincials, then the 4 semi-finalists from the Imperial Cup should get berths into the provincials along with 4 spots from the league standings.

My two cents.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No sign of an 8th spot for VMSL in the latest communication from El Vicepresidente:

OPEN MEN’S – ‘A’ CUP: Seven teams from the VMSL will qualify—the 2 finalists from the Imperial Cup plus the 5 teams with the most points in the Premier Division standings.
The 7 teams are: West Van FC ‘A’, CCBRT United ‘A’, Surrey United Firefighters, Columbus FC ‘A’, Metro-Ford Wolves ‘A’, Croatia SC ‘A’, and Inter FC.

The Premier Division champions, and the Imperial Cup champions will be seeded.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
La Wara......all good, Buddy. I was just winding things up a bit. Seems to have worked and at least people are discussing it. :)
Claudio knows where I'm coming from....all good.

Canucks4ever. I will say that two players who weren't playing earlier in the season made a HUGE difference to Peg. They have played the last few years and are not getting paid...Reynold and Sahill. These two guys are capable of breaking a game open at any time and they have. In fact, I would mortgage the house and say that if Reynold played against Columbus, it would have been a win for Peg. I know that's a bold statement but I will stand by it knowing what Reynold offers to the attack. There were a lot of games earlier in the season when the results just didn't happen....the performances were okay but didn't get the three points. At the end of the day that's what it's all about. A change of coaches was made awhile ago.....the team got rid of some players who were dead weight and went to battle with the players who wanted to be there. It's not a magic formula or cheque book with Peg. I know that there is a magic cheque book in several teams but that isn't required at Peg. Other teams are probably pretty happy they don't have to play Peg the first round of the Provincial Cup. I'm sure Columbus would feel that and any other teams who have lost to them over the last little while.

Anyway, good luck to all the teams playing for the cup that really matters. I'm sure there will be some great games over the next month.

La Wara

Dec 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dezza ...this is the premier discussion board not the Div.1 thanks for caring though. If it is true that pcsl will not be sending a team they should replace them with a vmsl team instead of giving someone a bye. I guess we shall sit and wait to hear from the league. Shams I like the look.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dezza ...this is the premier discussion board not the Div.1 thanks for caring though. If it is true that pcsl will not be sending a team they should replace them with a vmsl team instead of giving someone a bye. I guess we shall sit and wait to hear from the league. Shams I like the look.

Thanks for that. Now feel free to continue arguing about whether you do or do not deserve a nonexistent spot in provincial cup :rolleyes:

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe I was the only player added to the Peg roster that hadn't already played for Peg in the past. I did not receive any money to play there (nor have I ever been paid to play for any team in the VMSL). Also, I only played a total of 90 minutes with Peg this year due to injury, so I was no help at all. Reynold Stewart was a big help, but he has been a Peg player for a few years now, he just always joins them after the UBC season is done. As for our run, it was regular Peg guys that have always been there who stepped up and played their hearts out week in a week out. It was a pleasure to be a part of that run.

What about the case of Kronenburg and nights out at Saffron Gomesy Jr.?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The last provincial spot is going to the Alves Bros Contracting O-35s team from Kelowna. Bunch of Portuguese dynamos and an Irish-English snap-job netminder. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0