Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can only say what I heard, Im not interested in your backstory. west van changed the game from Friday night (which is their home field time) to Saturday night. I saw one of the west van boys on Saturday and asked him the question why did you change your game? He said that we didn’t have the field for Friday… Which I find really bizarre. I called west van parks board and asked to rent the field this Friday at 730… They told me it’s on hold for west van semifinal game. NOW… this is why this league is going downhill. I found out that inter is now missing players who cannot make the game on Saturday because they originally scheduled around the Friday night game. Wouldn’t people want to watch a game with the best of the best players? If west van is missing players on Friday why not play at a time where both teams can play. The truth needs to be told and I thought that west van had a little class. Clearly they dont. Its the same old story from the same old people. I really hope inter wins and beats them… Good luck.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry there dude love, i believe we were missing guys on the friday and changed it to saturday. Full stop. We are the home team. Happens all the time. Next time we will phone everyone on the other team and see if we can find a time that suits 30 people. As for talking about our management team. You don't know shite. Talk about stuff you know about. See you on Saturday.

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
A) I don’t play or manage Inter
B) You could have found a time that works for both teams given how you changed it after it was posted. Given all your sponsorships, maybe you will offer to cover costs for flight changes.
C) This isn’t the first time your management has shown who they are….I stand by what I said. It’s the truth and it needs to be told….
D) A 10th placed Inter team didn’t stand much of a chance against a full West Van team who just won the league anyways, let alone a 10th place Inter team missing key players. West Van have always played games with the league but don’t usually play the scared card . Wonder whats changed.

End of day Inter surviving relegation is a positive Im sure. They aren’t ready to compete with top Prem teams regularly and they still have a ways to go if they want to be where they used to be. Would have been nice to see how they held up against you with a full team though. Shitty thing is you could have made that happen but chose not to.

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Strong Alumni and I just dont like the history behind the whiny West Van team and the puppet on this thread.....Now back to my cheese.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....:)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A) I don’t play or manage Inter
B) You could have found a time that works for both teams given how you changed it after it was posted. Given all your sponsorships, maybe you will offer to cover costs for flight changes.
C) This isn’t the first time your management has shown who they are….I stand by what I said. It’s the truth and it needs to be told….
D) A 10th placed Inter team didn’t stand much of a chance against a full West Van team who just won the league anyways, let alone a 10th place Inter team missing key players. West Van have always played games with the league but don’t usually play the scared card . Wonder whats changed.

End of day Inter surviving relegation is a positive Im sure. They aren’t ready to compete with top Prem teams regularly and they still have a ways to go if they want to be where they used to be. Would have been nice to see how they held up against you with a full team though. Shitty thing is you could have made that happen but chose not to.
Stop talking.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos to Inter and Peg for scraping their way out of relegation and having a chance to qualify for Provincials this weekend. All in all I would have to agree that Norvan and Westside were probably the two teams that should have gone down.

Not sure I entirely agree with that assessment. Having had a chance to see most of the teams once or twice this season I think it was really a toss up at the bottom and the top.

Pegasus was an absolute shambles before they bought their way to safety at the end of the year. Power to them, but I'm sure teams like Westside, NorVan and Inter would have loved to have that kind of cash to save themselves too.

NorVan seems to have a systemic problem given they got out of jail in a playoff last season so perhaps they were always likely to go down.

Westside started strong and looked safe all season. We had plenty of discussion on here and never once were they mentioned as a favourite to go down. They actually beat Inter twice. But only picking up 3 or 4 points after Xmas (including that loss to Chile in the last game of the season with survival on the line) ultimately doomed them. Rumor is they lost their all-star goalie.

Inter and Chile easily could have gone down in place of either or both of Westside or NorVan. In the end Peg probably was the worst team overall on the year but once again it's money that settles the debate. Like I said good for them, but to say Westside and Norvan were clear cut to go down just isn't true.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pegasus was an absolute shambles before they bought their way to safety at the end of the year. Power to them, but I'm sure teams like Westside, NorVan and Inter would have loved to have that kind of cash to save themselves too.

Bwahahaha. Must be the best piss-take of the year. Who exactly did Peg buy to help keep them up? Tell everyone. It will be the post of the year on TTP if you can back this up. Inter and Chile have big pay rolls too?

Canucks4ever, like the hockey team you support, the last time checked the teams with the most losses deserve to go down? Or the teams who drop the most points? No?

Go Flyers.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or of course Peg could run itself into insufferable debt and then have to sell the team to Surrey. Again. Good for the league that Peg has stayed up IMO.

Sir M

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I honestly think the league was as tight as it has ever been. Correct me if I'm wrong, but 23 points in many a year would have been enough to stay up. I also think it would be good for the league to have a young team like Westside stay up in Premier but at the end of the day, one win in your last 7 doesn't cut it. We were fully in control of our own destiny and threw it away each week. In the end, it was the draws that killed us and games like the first Croatia game, Surrey and Langley still haunt me because we were full value for all the points.
I don't give a daffy duck who pays players and who doesn't. Peg were better than their record showed way before they started to turn it around and good for them for getting it done.
For us, while I am pleased with how the boys played early on in the season, it guts me that we let it slip away. Rowan leaving made a massive difference but scoring 23 goals in 22 games is always going to put you in soapy bubble.
Lesson hopefully learned for the young lads and if so, will be all the better for it.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

I said WTF when I heard first time that PCSL would be allowed to field a team for the provincials. How can a team who fielded (during last year's PCSL competition) players from at least 4,5 VMSL teams be guaranteed a spot when all those players were expected to move back to their teams when regular VMSL season started? Who would really play for PCSL champion when all those players are registered with different teams? Never made any sense but, I guess, "authorities" have not thought about that possibility since UBC kept winning PCSL league until last year (and UBC kept their players anyway while Khalsa or any other "summer make up" teams would not be able to do so).

Anyway, now, those "authorities" have finally a proof that it never made any sense so PCSL either should not be guaranteed a spot at provincials or VMSL/FVSL (generally adult soccer leagues) should change a calendar and play spring-summer instead of fall-winter. Since the calendar in this province will never be changed the only logical solution is to exclude PCSL from an automatic provincial berth.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should go to Peg....as they finished third in the Imperial Cup based on their last head to head win over West Van. Peg also won the season series on the away goals rule. On top of that West Van, is already in. Congrats to Peg on getting to Provincials. It makes sense and to put Chile in would be silly. What have you done for me lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0