Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess it is just me and TA responding to TTP premier. Most people have moved on. We beat Surrey 2-0 at their home. Tough points to win but Surrey had a young team. They should have kept some vets for their transition but they didn't. In 2-3 years they will be good, but right now they are too young. On to Croatia next week. Oh ya, I think Miro was being assessed but he did well in the middle. Not too tough for him as this was a good game.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess it is just me and TA responding to TTP premier. Most people have moved on. We beat Surrey 2-0 at their home. Tough points to win but Surrey had a young team. They should have kept some vets for their transition but they didn't. In 2-3 years they will be good, but right now they are too young. On to Croatia next week. Oh ya, I think Miro was being assessed but he did well in the middle. Not too tough for him as this was a good game.

Miro did do a decent job but the funny thing about this game was that the retired refereeing legend Bob Sawtell was supposed to be the one evaluating Miro but he ended up having to run the line because one assistant did not show up. With all the moustaches on the field and Bob on the line, it looked like retro VMSL. Well done, Bob.

As for SUFF not keeping any vets for a "transition", that is not completely accurate. Unfortunately, not many vets were available on Saturday but that could be changing in the weeks and months to come (i.e. when Niall, Pete Hjorth and Joe Deacon finally get healthy and Hleuka completes the transfer). Although, the current players that have been available, including the U16 HPL players, have been doing extremely well.

West Van is definitely still one of the top teams in the league. They have a great mix of size and skill...unbelievable to see Shorty still out there playing at a very high level...amazing!

On another note, has anyone else happened to look at the "little" vmsl document that Brian Wevers has created related to hosting the 2013 vmsl cups? Wow, what an effort...everyone should block off a few hours one day to review it! I'm just scared that no team could possibly meet all the requirements to be the host. Nevertheless, the winds of change are certainly in the air at the vmsl and that's very positive. Great work Wevers and good luck with this initiative.

:cool:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miro did do a decent job but the funny thing about this game was that the retired refereeing legend Bob Sawtell was supposed to be the one evaluating Miro but he ended up having to run the line because one assistant did not show up. With all the moustaches on the field and Bob on the line, it looked like retro VMSL. Well done, Bob.

As for SUFF not keeping any vets for a "transition", that is not completely accurate. Unfortunately, not many vets were available on Saturday but that could be changing in the weeks and months to come (i.e. when Niall, Pete Hjorth and Joe Deacon finally get healthy and Hleuka completes the transfer). Although, the current players that have been available, including the U16 HPL players, have been doing extremely well.

West Van is definitely still one of the top teams in the league. They have a great mix of size and skill...unbelievable to see Shorty still out there playing at a very high level...amazing!

On another note, has anyone else happened to look at the "little" vmsl document that Brian Wevers has created related to hosting the 2013 vmsl cups? Wow, what an effort...everyone should block off a few hours one day to review it! I'm just scared that no team could possibly meet all the requirements to be the host. Nevertheless, the winds of change are certainly in the air at the vmsl and that's very positive. Great work Wevers and good luck with this initiative.

:cool:

Niall is looking very cosy in CfC colours & his pocket seems very heavy

Knob won't be releasing none of the above ,but that saying how is kindel & Clark's retirement party looking

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
S United 1-0 over Chile this afternoon. S United scored midway through the first. It was one way traffic for S United in the first half while Chile had the majority of play in the second. The entire Surrey backline plus Streckman and Burke played well.
Salihovic had a very good game for Chile.

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another cold and wet lose for our Chilean friends,bet they hope weather gets warm soon....They sure move the ball around park well,and fast,lots of ball support,have makings of good team......

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another cold and wet lose for our Chilean friends,bet they hope weather gets warm soon....They sure move the ball around park well,and fast,lots of ball support,have makings of good team......

Looking at the weather ...the 14 day trend is looking very cold...
I'm sure it will be too chilli for Chile ,or maybe the chile lads will stop for some Chilli before there games so they are not to chilly
To chill or not to chill

olosepoh

Sep 11, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richond 1 - Chile 0... Even match could of gone either way but some of the mupets on the Chile team need to learn some class.. Looks like the cold weather strikes again

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge win for Richmond. I heard about Chile needing to learn some class a while ago. Haven't seen them play yet but a bunch of people are saying that about chile.

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge win for Richmond. I heard about Chile needing to learn some class a while ago. Haven't seen them play yet but a bunch of people are saying that about chile.

Glad to hear you aren't in that "bunch" of people. I wouldn't be able to figure out who was the pot and who was the kettle if that were the case.:wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 5 Croatia 3..............LOTS of red cards and a 'brawl' according to Coach R...........And no it wasn't the usual suspect in the middle. :D

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV 2-1 Rovers. Good game tonight in Surrey. Two good teams battling hard for the points. Rovers looked really good and i'm not sure how they got beat so bad last week as they looked good tonight. We scored first on a scramble and then nice finish against the run of play IMO. Their center forward was dangerous throughout. That guy is strong, skillful and fast. Very dangerous. The only way to stop him was hit him and take fouls. Even though star#1 didn't like it, we had to do it. We scored from a corner in the second, a keeper error for sure to, to go up 2-0. They scored late when Garth came out and the guy floated the ball in. They put pressure on late but we held on for the win. Kevin had a good game in the middle and the linos did a good job as well. On to Norvan in a derby game next week before the X-mas break.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richond 1 - Chile 0... Even match could of gone either way but some of the mupets on the Chile team need to learn some class.. Looks like the cold weather strikes again

I couldn't agree more.

They threw plenty of little cheap shots while battling for position, whether along the top of the box with their back to goal, or while trying to make a run on a corner kick, throwing hips out, or stomping on feet, and even big Diego in goal punching me in the kidneys as the ball gets knocked in. Biggest guy on the pitch, as well as the biggest pansy/moaner, unreal. It's a shame Chile pays some of their players, who after the final whistle, don't even shake hands. Cheers for that but oh well, we won.

On to Columbus

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey CIC - what's with all the red's for the Hibs on the weekend

Ruben went slightly card crazy when we faced Van Olys last weekend at Minoru. Two yellows in 30 minutes for our young striker got the ball rolling. Two second half straight reds down 2-nil at the time, one for swearing out loud, and one for repeated fouling apparently. CB holding up their striker who had his back to goal 30 odd yards out. Final card was to our keeper after the whistle calling the refs performance "mickey mouse"

In no way am I defending any of the actions of our team, clearly we need to be WAY more disciplined, keeping emotions in check, but on the day, the ref had a shocker IMO.

As for myself, I'm a butcher, and have 6 yellows on the year. Now that's a real shocker I know :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0