Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge game tonight for us in Newton. We did what they did to us in the first game and took it to them from the opening whistle. We got a pk when the keeper took one of our guys down and that was converted. They got a soft pk call a little bit later and Nico scored that one easily to tie it 1-1. They took it to us at that point until the end of the half where we either had to regroup or we would have lost the game. We came at them again in the second and got a nice goal to make it 2-1. They had to press at that point and i actually thought they were going to tie it up but we held on for all three points. Peg had some good chances near the end but couldn't finish. They are a very good team and i think our hard work and taller players winning head balls was the difference. Costley was a beast as usual in the middle but again we held on on and defended well in the end. The ref was solid and i think he controlled the tempo of the match well even though he warned me a bunch of times for talking to the other team. I told him i was just trying to get into their heads and i think that worked somehow. We'll enjoy the win for now and hopefully keep the train moving forward. On to inter next week.

On a side note, there was a u-13 girls game playing behind us and i think that the Peg players in total where wearing more gloves than they were. It even looked like Peg had a unified glove color of black and white. Must be the new school of players because that isn't acceptable as far as i am concerned. Just my opinion.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge game tonight for us in Newton. We did what they did to us in the first game and took it to them from the opening whistle. We got a pk when the keeper took one of our guys down and that was converted. They got a soft pk call a little bit later and Nico scored that one easily to tie it 1-1. They took it to us at that point until the end of the half where we either had to regroup or we would have lost the game. We came at them again in the second and got a nice goal to make it 2-1. They had to press at that point and i actually thought they were going to tie it up but we held on for all three points. Peg had some good chances near the end but couldn't finish. They are a very good team and i think our hard work and taller players winning head balls was the difference. Costley was a beast as usual in the middle but again we held on on and defended well in the end. The ref was solid and i think he controlled the tempo of the match well even though he warned me a bunch of times for talking to the other team. I told him i was just trying to get into their heads and i think that worked somehow. We'll enjoy the win for now and hopefully keep the train moving forward. On to inter next week.

On a side note, there was a u-13 girls game playing behind us and i think that the Peg players in total where wearing more gloves than they were. It even looked like Peg had a unified glove color of black and white. Must be the new school of players because that isn't acceptable as far as i am concerned. Just my opinion.

Actually my guess just as it was the last couple of games I watched you play, is that you were just annoying as fcuk. I don't think you get in anyone's head except the refs and they usually deal with you accordingly.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding the gloves......it is weak sauce.......as I can proudly say I've NEVER wore a pair of gloves when I played. :D Reedie, sort it out.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, as per usual i always love your posts and your opinions. I actually thought it was you in the middle last night from a distance but i don't think you've reffed premier in a long time. We play at home on friday if you'd like to watch me play again and i can be extra annoying if you let me know you will be there.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding the gloves......it is weak sauce.......as I can proudly say I've NEVER wore a pair of gloves when I played. :D Reedie, sort it out.

Yah, I have never worn gloves in a game either but times they are a changing I guess. Some would say "soft" but some others would say, "my hands are warm". To me, it has nothing to do with the game, not unlike donning orange boots or wearing cologne, the latter of which I know for a fact Captain Shamrock did routinely back in the day. Pre-game ritual for Winnipeg Fury was to jump out of a bottle of Eternity and then take to the pitch.

As for the game last night, it definitely did ebb and flow. A contrast in styles to be sure. A tie may have been a fair result, in my opinion, but you have to give credit to West Van for earning all 3 points and putting themselves in the drivers seat to win the league title. Hopefully we get another crack at them in cup play.

Lastly, someone who cries like a little schoolgirl for 90+ minutes is certainly qualified to comment on the statistics in a U-13 Girls soccer game, so I cannot dispute his findings. Having said that, he did make a great save on a breakaway with the score 2-1, so I guess he got the last little schoolgirl giggle.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, as per usual i always love your posts and your opinions. I actually thought it was you in the middle last night from a distance but i don't think you've reffed premier in a long time. We play at home on friday if you'd like to watch me play again and i can be extra annoying if you let me know you will be there.

I'll let you know the next time I'm there 29. You will hear me chirp everytime you chirp. :) I'm not allowed to ref premier because I'm not good enough the ref the likes of you. It would be too intimidating especially with you getting into my head.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yah, I have never worn gloves in a game either but times they are a changing I guess. Some would say "soft" but some others would say, "my hands are warm". To me, it has nothing to do with the game, not unlike donning orange boots or wearing cologne, the latter of which I know for a fact Captain Shamrock did routinely back in the day. Pre-game ritual for Winnipeg Fury was to jump out of a bottle of Eternity and then take to the pitch.

As for the game last night, it definitely did ebb and flow. A contrast in styles to be sure. A tie may have been a fair result, in my opinion, but you have to give credit to West Van for earning all 3 points and putting themselves in the drivers seat to win the league title. Hopefully we get another crack at them in cup play.

Lastly, someone who cries like a little schoolgirl for 90+ minutes is certainly qualified to comment on the statistics in a U-13 Girls soccer game, so I cannot dispute his findings. Having said that, he did make a great save on a breakaway with the score 2-1, so I guess he got the last little schoolgirl giggle.

Certainly some truth to that but I liked to vary things with Obsession and Drakkar being the other colognes of choice. I didn't want to become stale in the smell department as it had a big impact on how I would play.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought i posted already but it didn't show up. Reedie save your school girl comments for your teams next training session when you address their flopping. Toughen them up a little bit. Back in my U-19 days of being a striker, i was taught to put my hands on my balls when they got got cold. I already said that the game could have ended in a tie, but if we would have finished our lunch early before your gift of a pk, then the game would have been over by half. Missed the after party upstairs after the game as the samosas last time were awesome. Look forward to playing you in cup as you are the best team we have played this season.

Cs, I'd like to see you chirp every time i do. We do play Club I one more time, so i guess I'll see you there.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll do what I can to try and make the game because it is rare nowadays to see someone as good as you in the pipes......at least in terms of a goalie who whines like a biatch when the calls don't go his way....just to get into the other team's heads. Genius.

:D

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cs your just a muppet. Stay home then if i am too annoying. Big Tuna, not too sure what you mean as i have huge balls.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good one outlast. Very witty and accurate. It this where I'm supposed to be as witty as you and add a your mom or your sister comment? Time to get back to soccer on this thread or tell me hOw shitty I am in the pipes or how a guy with a perm thinks I'm annoying. As you were.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not believe that a goaltender that has won the VMSL, Imperial and BC Championships, and is the #1 keeper for the current top of the VMSL Premier table team could reach those achievements without a significant amount of balls.

Seriously...

Sir M

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A perm? Natural curls, Baby. It worked well in the 80s/early 90s right up until marriage. I'm ****ing trying to use a straightener nowadays to make it the hair look longer. FFS.......Remember, 29, just talking about how annoying you are on the field. No big deal. Every penalty the other team gets is 'soft' and every penalty your team gets......you should have actually been awarded 2. You whine about your team being offside when you are 80 yards away from the play. Tough to comprehend? I must admit you have better vision than Steve Austin(that's the Bionic Man not the wrestler) as you're always so accurate from that far away.

Have a great day, 29. You deserve it. Your knickers are on a bit tight based on your responses.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No offense, but there is a plethra of keepers out there over the years that have been able to claim the same accomplishments.

Big nuts isn't a common trait, being a nutter probably is though...

:)
I do not believe that a goaltender that has won the VMSL, Imperial and BC Championships, and is the #1 keeper for the current top of the VMSL Premier table team could reach those achievements without a significant amount of balls.

Seriously...

Sir M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0