Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Going to be a very interesting finish to the season at the top and bottom of the table. A lot of teams in the mix on both fronts.

I see that the VMSL will only receive 7 berths into the provincial cup this year, which will make the remaining league games all the more meaningful. It has always been at least 8 berths for the vmsl and last year it was 9. As well, only the Imperial Cup finalists automatically qualify, whereas it has always been the semi finalists for as long as I can remember. One can only presume that all these changes can be attributed to the "Poco FC factor". I guess the fvsl will have 10 berths, the island will have 4 + then the 1 from the pcsl...22 teams total with a preliminary round.

:cool:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely (assuming reedie is not ttp'ing) this would be a balanced draw of 16.

7 VMSL
1 poco
3 fvsl
1 pcsl
4 visl

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the PCSL spot going to UBC again? Is anyone in VMSL Premier losing players who are transferring over to compete in provincials?

Seems that the 3 most likely affected are Richmond, Westside, and ICSF.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL 1
VMSL 7
VISL 3
FVSL 3

The 2 remaining berths are given to the leagues that are represented by the 2 Carling Cup finalists.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCSL 1
VMSL 7
VISL 3
FVSL 3

The 2 remaining berths are given to the leagues that are represented by the 2 Carling Cup finalists.

Holy Xmas...first post for me in well over a year I think...sorry Regs...just confirmed from Azzi...

BCSA has reduced the competition to 16 teams...

VISL - 4
FVSL - 4
PCSL - 1
VMSL - 7 total (6 spots plus one extra because Peg won Prov Cup last season - this includes 5 from standings and 2 Imperial Cup finalists...neither SUFF or ourselves get an automatic spot because of the Carlsberg Cup Final).

Been a long time, but Merry Xmas to everyone in the TTP family!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The battle of NAP tonight...........CCB vs SFC

One team spend the break eating a protein rich diet of turkey, while the other team spend the break eating too much butter chicken.

One way traffic in the first half with Pegasus building a 5-0 lead and cruising from there........7-1 final?

Rovers are better than the scoreline indicates, but it was a one off............everything went wrong. Too much individual talent with United in Bardsley, Jhutty, Bassi, Sing, and Ganief, but wasn't their night, and their backline was porous. Star#1, is it true?!?!...............Jacob Lensky has signed!!

But, Pegasus was...............well Pegasus.........talent throughout the lineup with Reynold finally geting a start with Sahil away on trial in Italy and he looked very good. Reedie has assembled a great group and I feel they are the favourites this year to repeat as Provincial Champs.

Good luck to all, the rest of the way.

Gilly

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The battle of NAP tonight...........CCB vs SFC

One team spend the break eating a protein rich diet of turkey, while the other team spend the break eating too much butter chicken.

One way traffic in the first half with Pegasus building a 5-0 lead and cruising from there........7-1 final?

Rovers are better than the scoreline indicates, but it was a one off............everything went wrong. Too much individual talent with United in Bardsley, Jhutty, Bassi, Sing, and Ganief, but wasn't their night, and their backline was porous. Star#1, is it true?!?!...............Jacob Lensky has signed!!

But, Pegasus was...............well Pegasus.........talent throughout the lineup with Reynold finally geting a start with Sahil away on trial in Italy and he looked very good. Reedie has assembled a great group and I feel they are the favourites this year to repeat as Provincial Champs.

Good luck to all, the rest of the way.

Gilly

Yes Gilly, Pegasus played like what they are and that's Provincial Cup Champs. We knew that it was going to be a tough game as we were missing no less than 7 players due to various reasons and that includes 3 out of our 4 starting defenders and 2 more reserve defenseman. We would have been in tough against any team tonight let alone Peg. It is what it is and we have just have to move forward to next week. They play some really good soccer and have some top quality players starting on the bench as well so they are dangerous anyway you look at them. Should be much better next week as we get at least 5 of those players back.

Yes Jacob Lensky has signed on with us for the remainder of the season, he has been back for a few weeks and will be a huge part of our team going forward.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Gilly, Pegasus played like what they are and that's Provincial Cup Champs. We knew that it was going to be a tough game as we were missing no less than 7 players due to various reasons and that includes 3 out of our 4 starting defenders and 2 more reserve defenseman. We would have been in tough against any team tonight let alone Peg. It is what it is and we have just have to move forward to next week. They play some really good soccer and have some top quality players starting on the bench as well so they are dangerous anyway you look at them. Should be much better next week as we get at least 5 of those players back.

Yes Jacob Lensky has signed on with us for the remainder of the season, he has been back for a few weeks and will be a huge part of our team going forward.

I feel obligated to add to this report that we were also missing no less than 7 players last night, including Sahil, Goldy, Meysam, Deep, Morris, Samra, and Gary. Interestingly enough, most if not all of these players have started at least one game with us this season.

Just saying.

:cool:

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

He may have signed but you cannot register him with VMSL until he gets amateur status and BCSA and CSA approve the paperwork, given where he has played this will take about a month as we went through this process with Paul Ballard two years ago. A month if you are lucky, but a good manager would know this :)!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
He may have signed but you cannot register him with VMSL until he gets amateur status and BCSA and CSA approve the paperwork, given where he has played this will take about a month as we went through this process with Paul Ballard two years ago. A month if you are lucky, but a good manager would know this :)!

That is why we started the process a while ago ;)... thanks for the tips though Rob. All I had to do was mention your name to CSA and they got on it right away.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wv 4 0r 5 buzz against Croatia. They didnt have very many guys and Didar didnt get much help. We got two pks and a few nice goals. Strangest yellow i have ever seen. Cravero had a free kick and he didnt wait for the whistle. Yellow from the ref. Not sure about that one. On to Peg next week. Huge game for huge points in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0