Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2011/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries CIC. We'll still have a beer together in a couple of weeks, and then the following week. Maybe even a BBQ if the weather is good. No such thing as a B team Gilly. Any one on a premier should be able to fill the shoes of the starters. Now if you played your entire u21 team that would be a b team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly, I wasn't there but when you have Reynold, Sahil, Omari, Jag and many others, it's hardly a 'B' team. ICST Peg has the deepest team in the league. It's important to have that and that was obviously the difference over a long season.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly, I wasn't there but when you have Reynold, Sahil, Omari, Jag and many others, it's hardly a 'B' team. ICST Peg has the deepest team in the league. It's important to have that and that was obviously the difference over a long season.

Totally agree Burnsie. I think the "B" team term might have been misinterupted and taken out of the intented context that I implied.

Let me clarify, I think any other team playing without arguably their three top players (not only are they starters on Peg, they would be starters on any other Premier team, and will probably start on the 17th against Edmonton, in other words, they are VMSL allstars) would struggle in the league and definitely wouldn't be in a position to win the league title, and thus field a "B-ish" team, Peg on the other hand, doesn't miss a beat.

The Peg treble is still possible (current BC champs, 1 win away from being league champs, and in the semi's of the Imperial Cup)

Get back to work soon, Burnsie :D

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty sure they have to win all three in the same year there Gilly. Not easy even for a team as good as Peg.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hell of a large relegation game this Saturday between Norvan and Inter. Tough to predict but I am going to say the veterans from Inter pull together on Adanac (old Italian league field) and they keep the team alive with a 2-1 victory. Mind you, Inter would still require some help as Norvan has one remaining game versus a very difficult Richmond team.

Unless of course Richmond plays their "B" team.

:cool:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I get it......:D CIC, those are shocking boots.

What? They do have black laces. I thought they looked smart in our black kit...:rolleyes: Luckily, I could give a toss about what you think of them CS. :)

Gilly,

I didn't appreciate that comment at all, and come to think of it, neither would the 3 players who played in place of the 3 players missing that you mentioned previously. PEG won the match, fair and square, but to take away from their victory with a shout out like that is piss poor. Just like my selection on footwear:rolleyes:

I agree with Reedie on the relegation front, I too believe that the veterans of Inter will pull through on good ol' Adanac. Should be a decent crowd out for that contest.

CICwhoknowsitsnottheBBOBsthatmaketheplayer,itstheprickwhoputsthemon

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV 3-0 Delta. We controlled most of the game. Delta broke through a few times but nothing too serious. We scored all three in the second. A little more pressure on Peg to win out. I wish their game stayed on grass but at Van tech i have a tie. Come on Croatia. On to Richmond on Tuesday night.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The team that wins the league sort of wins a cash prize. You get a credit towards next year's Team registration. We (Sporting) got something like $1500 when we won it.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For some reason, I thought there was a cash component to winning the league? $1000 or something like that is what I recall.

29, you wouldn't know because Spada, Eagles, and The Pirate drank it all themselves :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One would think that if you've played 21 games already and lead the league without kicking a ball, well, you probably earned it.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think Croatia will be at their best for the game against Peg. I heard the likes of Didar, Darko, Cravs and a few other key players heading to Sandbar tonight with some Peg guys.....BUT, anything can happen:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0