Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL O40' league...thoughts and discussion

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
And each team puts up $200 for the "pot" for whichever team wins the cup. Even Sir.M will want to get in on that one. $1200 provides a pretty good year-ender party.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you are tired of waiting for the Over 40's to get going, the current World Masters Champions Inter-UBC is looking for one player born 1963 or earlier to travel to Zurich for the Universities Masters 6-A-Side World Championships scheduled to coincide with Euro 2008. Our Sheppy United back has ditched us complaining of chronic aging, and our Manchester import has a bad back, so we need at least one new young whipper-snapper to take up the challenge... preferably an aggressive midfielder with some game.

It will be a guaranteed good time, 10 countries have signed up already.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get Frank C. from Columbus to play...He would fit the bill. Unless, he is already playing??
SCK

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard we are getting some steam up for this for next year. Pretty soon, we will need commitments. So far, the following have said they are in:
Westside
Peg
Inter
Firemen

Anyone else? FSVL - you guys must have the ability to put in a couple of teams for sure. Anyone on the North Shore (aside from Peg)?

It would be ideal to get 10 teams, but 8 would do.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have heard we are getting some steam up for this for next year. Pretty soon, we will need commitments. So far, the following have said they are in:
Westside
Peg
Inter
Firemen

Anyone else? FSVL - you guys must have the ability to put in a couple of teams for sure. Anyone on the North Shore (aside from Peg)?

It would be ideal to get 10 teams, but 8 would do.

No promises, but I think our club can put a team in.

So this is still not a commitment Freddy, I am working on it with the over 40s guys...I just talked to their coach last weekend...

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half of the Mighty Rangers are O-40 now, but those players are still far to good to join that league, I think they will stay and help the team dominate some more.

Sounds like a good idea, is it under the VMSL?

hos

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half of the Mighty Rangers are O-40 now, but those players are still far to good to join that league, I think they will stay and help the team dominate some more.

Sounds like a good idea, is it under the VMSL?

hos

Rangers goalie and sometimes striker must be over 40? He is shite :D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't talk about RF like that, he takes enough abuse on this damn site, give the guy a break for once.
This could bring some fire to the Mighty Ranger vs. West Van game coming up, Newton will be rocking.

hos

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'm glad HOS has an ounce of modesty....Yes, of course it is the VMSL. Where else would it be??

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay - one more kick at this cat. Who is committed in for 0'40s next year? I guess there is a meeting at the end of June to figure this and other things out. It will be a CAT team with 035's prem, I believe.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm glad HOS has an ounce of modesty....Yes, of course it is the VMSL. Where else would it be??

What are you on about, I am still a young-in, no over-40's for me, but, you are correct about half of the Mighty Rangers, they will be the best in BC next year, how is that for modesty.

hos

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mighty Rangers, they will be the best in BC next year, how is that for modesty.

Is that confirmed yet?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay - one more kick at this cat. Who is committed in for 0'40s next year? I guess there is a meeting at the end of June to figure this and other things out. It will be a CAT team with 035's prem, I believe.
BRM is putting a team in this CAT division.

Freddy - are all 3 Westside teams going into it?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is a big discussion piece right now. I know there is a contingent that wants to un-CAT so they can win Div 2 and move up to Div 1. I just sort of wish Azzie would have let the Rangers move up - it would have solved a lot of things for us. If we all stay there, we will also have a bunch of new blood moving to those teams from the Premier team from natural attrition and Metro move up. So, a bunch of things to decide on.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0