Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters' preseason 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from last night's meeting (all second hand):

Re-aligned divisional structure. Premier Division dropped to 10 teams; no more 3rd Division (teams combined with 2nd Division and split into 2A/2B). No over 40's yet.

Premier Division
Cliff Avenue United A
Columbus FC
Firefighters-Metro Ford
ICSF Inter
PCOV A
Richmond United
Sapperton Rovers
Surrey United
West Van FC
Westside FC A
First Division
22nd Ave/ICSF Lions
Cracovia FC
KLM Alemania FC
Lobbans FC
Meraloma FC
Romanian FC
SFU Royals
Shaheen FC
Westside Bulldogs
Wickham FC
Second Division (2A)
Bombastic SC Classic
Caribbean All-Stars
Killarney Spurs
New West Reds
PCOV Lusitanos
PoCo Blues
PoCo Celtic
Roma Rangers
SFU United
Vancouver United
Second Division (2B)
Coquitlam Ajax
Cliff Avenue United Ashfords
C-Men United
Covercrete FC
Inter Steaua
Ridge Shooters
Surrey Dynamo
Vancouver Eagles
Westside FC B
<new team>
Noted that there is no mention of PCOV B in here. There was mention of a new CAT team for either Westside or Cliff Avenue. Conspicuously absent still are any masters' teams from Croatia, Indo, etc...

Not sure if combining the 2nd and 3rd Divisions is a good idea; it's okay if you are a team really trying hard to move up, but there were a few really lopsided games in the 3rd Division last year, and maybe a bit too much of a disparity for some of the bottom half teams to overcome.

Cheers,

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece, what was the logic behind combining the 2nd and 3rd divisions? What is the benefit? Having played the last two years in those divisions I can tell you there was a difference in the quality of the teams.

The only reason I can think of to combine them is to get a geographic separation to make the travel less onerous and I can see that was not done...

Can you answer a couple of other questions: Did SFU United turn down promotion? Is Covercrete the same as CCFFC?

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFU did turn down promotion...and yes covercrete is the same as CCFFC....

cheers

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know what the promotion/demotion will be between Div 1 and the 2 Div 2's?

I'm assuming two group winners go up and bottom two come down.

This realignment makes little sense to me. After years of not having a Div 3 in VMSL they bring it back and now in Masters they eliminate it?? The only one logical thought process I can think of is creating a faster track into Div 1 and Premier as more clubs add an 035 team. Rule was you had to start in Div 3 so minimum 2 years to make it to Div 1.

Anyones thoughts on that?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only one logical thought process I can think of is creating a faster track into Div 1 and Premier as more clubs add an 035 team
Bingo.

As I recall from the meeting, that was one of the main reasons.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really like having just one division in Masters Prem again. It will be very competetive, looking at it there are at least 7 or 8 teams out of 10 with a real shot at winning it.

Should make things even more interesting for the rankings.

Any rumours?

Sir M.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear the Lomas have been relegated without even kicking a Premier ball in anger, due to the re-alignment.

Nice:confused:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I concur. Ten teams in one division is the way to go. Those coming up from Div. 1 will truly deserve the chance of staying afloat. Should make things very competitive.
There are a number of teams going on Friday night. Who are they? Right now, I've heard WV, Metro/Firemen/Richmond and possibly Inter....Any others?
SCK

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As in age wise?
No.
Playing Friday nights...staying out til Saturday morning...getting shite from the missus...but the upside is watching NFL on Sunday mornings...or for you real soccer fans watching Saturday morning with a splitting headache...which could be from the missus..after being struck in the head by a frying pan or from all the frothy brews drunk the night before....as she always says..."I don't care if you stay out all night...just don't drink and drive"....funny...that first part...seems I can never use that part the quote.....

Cheers!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty:

Not that anybody would ever drink after a game...:rolleyes:

The only difficult part about a Friday night game is having to get up to coach the kids the next morning. Lining the field at 7 am is especially fun...

Trece

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conspicuously absent still are any masters' teams from Croatia

Trece, conspicuously absent because I think it would be a tough sell to have to wait 3 years to get into the top flight. As well as Sunday morning games. Friday night games would be much more attractive, as well as automatic placement in the premier division!!:rolleyes: Let me know when you can get that sorted out and we'll have a team ready to go!!:D

:bronco:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or CAT with Richmond United. I thought they were complaining about the unfair advantage of the CAT system, only to realize that basically every team in premiere is CATed except them.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy
"Or CAT with Richmond United. I thought they were complaining about the unfair advantage of the CAT system, only to realize that basically every team in premiere is CATed except them."

I haven't heard anybody complaining about this on our Club ?
it's never been a issue
please provide where you got this from ?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
T - maybe I got that wrong, but I thought someone on your squad was raising that point in some thread about 4 months ago or so. Maybe I got that wrong on the team, but I was pretty sure. It came about as some people were complaining they weren't getting enough guys out to the games, which then morphed into a brief discussion on CAT, which then had the comment about it being unfair that some teams have CATed while others hadn't - which then resulted in someone pointing out that virtually every team in Premiere had a CAT team(s) except you guys.

With advancing age, injuries and responsibilities, it definitely is an advantage to being able to pull from an affiliated team - and certainly helps your overall points in the year, thus staying/leading in Premiere.

If it wasn't you guys, sorry about that - but none-the-less, maybe there is a deal for your squad to be done with the Croats?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco:

Not my job to sort out. I'm not Azzi, and I don't have anything to do with running the league. I'm just a guy who runs one of many old farts' teams...

Trece

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy

thanks for clarifying

Unsure if their is going to be a CAT team Issue for us but obviously depth is major

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0