Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard West Van got shutout again, what's that 3 in their last 4 games. Also, match reports are 2 reds for West Van and a lot of cheap shots and dirty play while the ref had his back turned. Nice win by the new look Lions 1-0.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the update.

This was to say the least a spirited affair with quite a bit of controversy. The winner for Croatia was on a Landy-like PK call by the beleaguered official at the 80 minute mark. Sharing the shower and changeroom with the Westside over 35 gals was the highlight of the day. I think Croatia will be competetive and probably will stay up this year.

Sir M

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard West Van got shutout again, what's that 3 in their last 4 games. Also, match reports are 2 reds for West Van and a lot of cheap shots and dirty play while the ref had his back turned. Nice win by the new look Lions 1-0.

Crotia/Lions 7 PTS in 3 games. Wow impressive.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff are projecting the following final standings for this season:

1. Westside FC "M-A"
2. Westvan FC "M"
2. PoCo Castillians
4. Columbus FC "M-A"
5. Sapperton Rovers
6. Richmond FC Olympics "M"
7. Coq. Metro-Ford "M"
8. PCOV "M"
9. 22nd Ave Lions "A"
10. Romanian FC "M"

League Cup and Provincial Cup winners picks to come a bit later.

Sir M

Does anyone know when staff will be back from vacation? I wonder if staff and Westvan take vacation all together. Its seems neither of them have been around for the past 4 weeks!

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya you heard right TS. Ref had no control of this game. Even the Croatian fans behind me agreed with that. I think everything bad happened after the Croatian player spat on the WV player and the Wv guy got the red for pushing back at him. Quote of the day came from Bronco who said he didn't see the guy spit because it was raining. All the ref needed to do was give a double red and the game would have been fine. Instead things got heated and a fight happened moments later for a double red. The Croatian goal looked almost identical to the Langdon Donovan flop in the box (sorry Cravzy) for a pk , which was converted. Was a good game other than the crap and i think a tie would have been more justified. Im sure the Croatians will disagree. Should be a great game next time they play.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Croatia will be competetive and probably will stay up this year.

Sir M

What a great prediction considering you guys just lost to them and are only sitting 3 points up on them!!;)

The Lions are the team who are making noise now, asides from Johnny Canuck talking about his record over the past 4 seasons!! LOL. JC the LIons are doing their talking in 3 games not 4 seasons!! Sorry Dancin Bear but my early predictions are for WS and CMF to be relegated!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fanta good to see that you have switched in to the weekly re-occuring post thing now. Makes things that mich easier.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too bad about the referee in Croatia/WVFC game - 29 is a pretty honest guy - so I am thinking his report is bang on. Next match between the two teams should be interesting. I am sure the Carphins will be fit for next game and things will get sorted out. I am sure none of the crap behind the play will occur.

A few quick questions (I usually do not post on this forum because I am from a lowly masters 1st division teamso they may have been answered already), did Croatia just buy the spot? Was there a vote for them to join the division? I know POCO had to be voted in. Do the teams in Div 3 now get some of their league fees back because they are now not playing a full slate of games?

Second half of season should have great games!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van will just fine based on what I saw today. 11 vs 11 with a different official should make it a very good game next time.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Dancin Bear but my early predictions are for WS and CMF to be relegated!

Not.A.Chance.In.Hell. And your prediction just confirmed that.

We will be fine....we've lost when we have been shy bodies. Your comment just shows how out of touch you really are. Concentrate on keeping in the hunt through what will be a very interesting 2nd half of the season.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside has too much experience and are a good team. No way they go down Conductor. They've had a tougher schedule than all the teams with playing the Nationals. I'm sure when everytone is healthy, they'll be making a strong run up the standings.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few quick questions (I usually do not post on this forum because I am from a lowly masters 1st division teamso they may have been answered already), did Croatia just buy the spot? Was there a vote for them to join the division? I know POCO had to be voted in. Do the teams in Div 3 now get some of their league fees back because they are now not playing a full slate of games

We did not buy any spot. We transferred players from one team to another. As far as I know there has never needed to be a vote on whether a player or players can transfer to another team. I have no idea what the plan for the Div 3 teams is in terms of "making whole" :rolleyes: their season.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the game yesterday..........

I don't disagree wholeheartedly that a tie wouldn't have been an injustice. Having said that, I think we created more clear goal scoring opportunities and easily could have had 2 or 3 in the first half. The shenanigans off the ball were completely unnecessary. My comment about "it's raining" was meant tongue in cheek, I guess the West Van guys didn't get that. I was 30 yards away from the incident and can't say one way or another whether someone spat on someone. No one can except for Notty and our player. What I did see was Notty punch him, as did everyone else. No real option there for the official IMHO. The second frackas where our #10 and West Van's #10 was two guys who both lost the plot. Again, I think it must be said that that was the second altercation the W Van #10 had been in. The first half saw him standing over our left back with with one hand around his neck. Nonetheless, sending them both off was correct. I won't speak to the rest of the game as far as officiating goes, because good or bad, I don't think it determined the outcome of the game.

I'm sure Sir M feels otherwise considering he believes Cravs flopped in the box for the penalty. I was 5 yards away from that one, and without a doubt it was a penalty, as he had beaten Mac with his first touch and would have had a clear shot on goal from about 8 yards out.

On to PCOV next Sunday in round 2 of our month of hell.

West Van
PCOV
Columbus
Poco.

FML....:bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, I do not have a huge issue with the peno, as by that time the ref was clearly struggling and I do not think he knew what to do, so after the sendings off a late soft penalty was not to be unexpected as anything could have happened at that point: I have never seen a game like that. The troubling thing is, in Masters soccer where there are no assistants to help the referee, I guess teams if they wanted to could feel free to spit in peoples faces when the ref was not looking. This will probably cause a response by otherwise quality guys on the other side with impeccable pedigrees in the VMSL, who will then get sent off for retaliating, as they stand up for each other.

These guys did not react that way out of nowhere, and both have been around a long time.

And Bronco, with all respect, you did not come across as "joking".

In any event, repeated spitting in my view in opponent's faces while the official is not looking in my opinion has no place in the game at any level, and especially at the Masters level in Canada. But I guess it got the WV guys who would not put up with this tactic sent off and got the win at the end of the day in a game that otherwise could have ended very differently, so that worked.

I believe that this is something the league has really to watch as it is a very new phenomenon in Masters. In my view, it potentially will degrade our league if allowed to continue.

Sir M

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sour grapes Sir M. Would have been far more diplomatic had you left it at your first post describing the game. Thanks for the bulletin board material.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco I believe you pretty much asked for his opinion and got it.
Who does that? Is pulling hair next?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco I believe you pretty much asked for his opinion and got it.
Who does that? Is pulling hair next?

Yoda isn't that the reason you guys and Dragons left the FVSL? There are rumours going around that Sid was pulling hair!!!:eek:

Glad to see that the Croatian Lions have brought some life and fire back into this thread!! Dancin bear, glad I could be of help to WS in my bold prediction. You do have 2 games in hand, POCO who are top of the table and WV who I might add have just lost 4 in a row. If they can't bump their slump against you guys, WV could find themselves in your spot now!!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0