Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes that's exactly how it happened. The kid wasn't told to fcuk off and the flag wasn't taken from him by one of your lot. :rolleyes: In any event that was not a spirited incident. Well not as spirited as your #2 breaking Cravs in half with a 1/2 hr left only to remain on the park. The fact that he was already on a caution had nothing to do with the referee not booking him again right? Speaking to one of your teammates after the game in our dressing room, I think he echoed what anyone watching the game did. We were very unfortunate not to have not only gotten a result, but won the game outright. Outside of about 20 minutes in the first half I thought we dominated for long periods and created numerous chances. The fact that we missed a penalty in the 89th minute makes it all that much tougher. But Poco is a good team and its our first loss in 5 games. We'll learn from this game. On to Columbus.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes that's exactly how it happened. The kid wasn't told to fcuk off and the flag wasn't taken from him by one of your lot. :rolleyes: In any event that was not a spirited incident. Well not as spirited as your #2 breaking Cravs in half with a 1/2 hr left only to remain on the park. The fact that he was already on a caution had nothing to do with the referee not booking him again right? Speaking to one of your teammates after the game in our dressing room, I think he echoed what anyone watching the game did. We were very unfortunate not to have not only gotten a result, but won the game outright. Outside of about 20 minutes in the first half I thought we dominated for long periods and created numerous chances. The fact that we missed a penalty in the 89th minute makes it all that much tougher. But Poco is a good team and its our first loss in 5 games. We'll learn from this game. On to Columbus.

The sideline incident was unfortunate. The linesman was standing off of the line and wouldn't raise his flag. However, one of our players did take the flag from him and did say "give me the fukcin flag" which was a bit over the top. What was more over the top was the big goon coming over from the Croatian sideline and going after our 65 year old coach. Not sure why he picked him out of the crowd - actually come to think of it I do. At least he didn't spit on him I suppose.

The match was fairly even in my opinion with chances going both ways. Croatia with the edge in possession for sure but mostly useless possession. A lot of individuals on that team. #2 deserved a yellow for his second offence but definitely did not for his first offence so I suppose the referee was making up for the prior one.

Croatia are a very good team and will do very well. We're happy with the 3 points, especially with such a depleted bench.

JTL

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I already did, Yoda. Was it that difficult to figure out? Basically some Poco guys acted like complete wankers in their treatment of a 16 year-old kid who was holding the flag. But I'm sure it was really :D

Attheendofthedayit'sMASTERSfootball

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I already did, Yoda. Was it that difficult to figure out? Basically some Poco guys acted like complete wankers in their treatment of a 16 year-old kid who was holding the flag. But I'm sure it was really :D

Attheendofthedayit'sMASTERSfootball

Bronco, I only told you what I heard, don't get all pissy with me. Yes our guy should have got the red but didn't. Your guy coulda got a card but didn't. You got a PK that you shouldn't. All in all there was a lot of coulda shoulda woulda out there.
As for the kid, how old was he? Was it worth their bench coming to our side to scream and yell and start a fight? Is that the first swear word he's ever heard?

I think maybe it was all a bit over the top but in the end, The result stands.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, shame you aren't. Mind you I wouldn't expect you to understand given the fact the closest you've gotten to playing the game is begging West Van to let you fill out the team sheet.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 2-2 Sapp. Both teams entered the game with depleted squads but enough to play the game. Sapp got off to a good start by creating some chances on a few counters. Our keeper made a great save on the first counter but Sapp buried the second one to make it 1-0. I thought we carried most of the play for most of the match and finally tied the game on a PK by Gomes. In the second half, Sapp slotted another goal by Favs on a counter to take the lead. Approx. 15ish left, the Sapp keeper made a good save on a shot by Gomes but Zico buried the rebound to tie it up. We had a few chances to go ahead but couldn't finish. On to Richmond!

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well at the very least, having Croatia in the league now gives drama every weekend. To hell with the football....I've printed out Croatia"s schedule now so I can jump on ttp the next day to tune in. Regs, you could charge a subscription fee for this shite....

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the kid, how old was he? Was it worth their bench coming to our side to scream and yell and start a fight? Is that the first swear word he's ever heard?

I think maybe it was all a bit over the top but in the end, The result stands.

It wasn't just the actual act of taking the flag, he was being constantly leathered by your bench from the start of the game - for no reason. He never missed a call, the ref had no issue with him, just POCO's bench did. Each team supplies a lino - he was our choice. Deal with it.

The last straw was grabbing the flag. It brought out the inner "goon" in me. Not to go after old men - but rather the fcuk who likes to bully kids half his age. As for the fatter one that was talking of parking lots, I guess he didn't mean any one near Gates Turf right?

Otherwise good game - except the result.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again, congrats to Poco on a good win. JTL, The Watchman, Oliver, Stuart et al are all class.

Sir M

Thx Sir M. We always have good honest battles when we play each other. No spitting, no sideline brawls, no constant moaning to the referee, good linesmen.

Still wondering why Fuzzy went after the 65 year old with the heart condition and not the guy who swore at the young lass and took the flag. And you're right the Lino didn't miss any calls because she didn't make any.

Speaking of which, we really need paid linos for all games next year lads.

Mark

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really Slats?? It was 6 of one half dozen of the other for the sideline shite. The game was well played without incident. The fact that you want to polish M's knob is a little surprising. Good luck the rest of the way,and yes I agree linos are a must.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I laughed out loud.

:D

Can someone direct me to the master thread where grown men play soccer not where kids spit and ask to meet in the parking lot. Let me guess next week two players will be caught making out behind the bleachers.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fuzzy, I was on the sidelines for half the game and didn't hear any of that at all. Not to say it didn't happen but i sure didn't hear it if it did. As well he didn't seem to raise the flag to make any calls which I believe was why the guy took the flag. I did not see him raise it once. He may have but I didn't see it.

Just to clarify, that does not make the incident right or good.

Have I covered my ass well enough here?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van vs Richmond was postponed by the official this afternoon. It has been spitting outside fairly heavily for the last little while now, so consequently there is a lot of standing water on the pitch.

Sir M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0