Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know when The Masters A Cup starts? Looks like the 1st round might be or could be the weekend of Feb 25th,27th. Then the round of 16 would be the weekend of March 4th, 6th..

Deucy

Looking at the games still remaining for the teams in the preliminary group, those dates look pretty good.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the games still remaining for the teams in the preliminary group, those dates look pretty good.
The WS Originals did have a game on the 20th but it is now TBA. Pcov plays their last make-up game on the 20th.. So I would then guess and say , the 2 prleliminary games will play on the 25th weekend. Round of 16 the next weekend on the 4th.... Just guessing of course..

Yes WAb I agree 5 weeks off till cup play is a really, really, long wait...

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Fanta, you guys better do better then that if you want to go anywhere in the BC's. KLM???? come on. :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With more and more turfs around, the Masters should think about taking a 6 - 8 week break all at once - mid Dec to beginning of Feb.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe add some games - say top five and bottom five seperate after everyone has played 18 matches. Play round-robin for total four additional games - those could be pretty massive games for league title and BC spots at one end and avoiding relegation at the other?

Though the break idea is pretty good.

Toze

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Freddy... obviously not. Just an idea for another year. It seems kind of dumb to be playing in December and January and have next to nothing in February and March.

I think the break idea is actually the best.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with that! In fact, let's just mirror the rest of Canada and go skiing/Hawaii in the winter. Soccer happens in Spring/Summer. Much nicer.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This also is a bit of a funny year in that there is a much bigger gap in the standings between the top two or three, and the bottom two or three in the standings. At this point, in January, relegation spots have been decided, BC spots have (not withstanding cup play) been decided, and only the league title is left, and one contender for that has finished their season already.

Different than past years, I remember one year about 3 or 4 years back where the top two teams tied on 29 points...Sir M

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Fanta, you guys better do better then that if you want to go anywhere in the BC's. KLM???? come on. :)

Yah, we have been playing very well lately but this one got away from us, lots of chances, but no finish. Give KLM credit, when they have a lead they play a stingy defensive style game. Luckily next year we won t have them to deal with anymore :cool:

Good bunch of guys

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think 4 teams - Sapp, WV, WS, SU - have an advantage with so many games left. A max. 2 week break will help with injuries but players will still stay relatively "fit".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0