Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters March/April 2006 Banter/Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters March 2006 Banter/Results

Colemanj, you know of course that Westside's colours are red/black?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M's just under the wire picks for this weekend: (mostly due to the Canucks vs Wild game not that exciting halfway through)..OK the big picks:

Westside vs. Wickham. There are a lot of things in Wickham's favour in this game:

-Nothing to lose have already exceeded their expectations for this year.
-Home field (Griffin turf) advantage.
-0900 PM start, (Peter et al either cannot hold off drinking on a Friday til that time, or are sleepee-byes by then) .
-ColemanJ out of town. :p
-WS cannot use Small in this game or any of those other old Rangers guys (but of course Wickham cannot CAT either).

Having closely watched both these teams in recent weeks (LOST BOTH :eek: )...I was for sure leaning toward Westside, bur Wickham try so much harder...and Sir M was gonna go for the Cinderella team.

And then today at the VMSL office where I was forking out more money for Besty's latest suspension , I saw the Wickham mgr signing two guys (nice lads) who I always see at NSCL games watching and drinking (one may have been the Anti-Fan:eek: ). That swayed my opinion: I pick Westide tonight (only if JC is there, Sir M likes to hedge his bets).

The other semi: very tough, but not to say SCK that I do not like your side, in a very fraternal way of course, but you have had lukewarm results of late, and your rivals are rested...Columbus.

But for these four teams, there is a lot to play for.

And,

VFF vs West Van...last 2 wks I have picked (in my inside voice) WV, and have been shocked, especially two weeks ago, (when Dickens wore that Argyle sweater.... "this old thing?" :wa: ). Besty, who really is the WVFC straw who stirs...actually who sunburns very easily and always yells at the ref and everyone, is finally back, along with hopefully 1 or 2 more...(Sir M ever the optimist)...

And, not to be forgotten, the B cup (they have surgery these days for that you know, wonderful thing,:) ) : Shaheen vs Meralomas at Grand Boulevard (always a great place to play this time of year)...if I do not pick Shaheen I can never again visit my Bedouin barber without losing an ear...

Best of luck to everyone.

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SirM,

That was definitely NOT the Anti-Fan that you saw at the league office. I'm sure he was holed up in his tree fort dreaming about Skanky.

Looks like the Wickham Manager is a genius, as their newly bolstered side was able to dispose of Westside 3-0. On to the final! :wa:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice win for Wickham!

That result should cause some movement in this week's excellent power rankings I would think.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Licking our wounds this morning, Wickham were too much for us last night. We went down early and had a couple of flurries of posession but not enough composure all over the field cost us.

I lost count of how many times we were stuffed in the midfield, carried right into trouble or just plain passed the ball to them.

Hopefully we'll get some bodies back healthy and muster up a run in the BC's.

Great win by Wickham last night...should be some great battles in a far more competitive division next year.

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Masters B Cup Final

Meraloma FC 7 - Shaheen 0

After Shaheen calmly controlled the first 5 minutes with good passing and movement coming from their back line, we stepped in unsettled them and started to take control Loma style, 4-0 at the half. In the 2nd after a flurry of wind and pressure from Shaheen in the first 15, we finished strong with 3 extra goals. Clean sheet for our well behaved keeper, 7-0 final to the old orange boys. We played a great game, great pace, passing, strength and finishing came from 7 different scorers. Good depth, teamwork and good fun.

Good luck to Wickham FC & Columbus FC in the MASTER ‘A’ CUP FINAL

hedKandi

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

bandcamp said:
Did Gehan stay on the park or was he tossed :)

Yeah he stayed on, but picked up a yellow for a tackle from behind, oops:eek: But scored the 7th goal from a great pass from yours truly.
We had our share of red and yellows this year, I think the refereeing is getting stricter :rolleyes:

hedKandi

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry for the delayed post re last nite's loss to Inter. Sir M had a bit of a late night, followed by an early wake up call. Was dragged to the Roxy by JAGS, Dickens and Spada, (Sir M's fashion advice for the Columbus boys: shiny clothes are only appropriate in outer space, and ladies, white shoes are only appropriate at weddings, and should be removed immediately after the ceremony), and awoke on the couch this morning to the sound of the maid vacuuming (obviously on orders from the lovely Mrs. Sir M, I just love it when they bump the vacuum right into the couch itself). Head pounding, 1st thoughts...

"We gave up 4 goals in 60 minutes?"

"We have gone from 10 points clear at the top to 1?"

"Where are Randy, Findlay, Eddie, Deeth, Luch, Easton, Hillier, and all of our goaltenders?"

"I went to the Roxy?:eek: "

"Where's my car?"

(To quote The Talking Heads)..."HOW DID I GET HERE?"

Walk of shame: (1 hr 24mins). Followed by listening to some music back at the estate...Linda Ronstadt's "Poor poor pitiful me", then the entire REM, "Automatic For the People" CD, followed up by their inspirational hit "Everybody Hurts" 14 times over. Then a hot bath, comfortably numb with a glass of Glenlivet, a cigar, Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" and a straight razor...but I digress.

For the 1st time this year we were outplayed. Inter came to play and we didn't, and when we finally woke up with 20 to play, RZ was amazing. The final score to be fair, should have been 8-7 Inter. 17 goal man Clark finally came back after 7 weeks off after doing his right ankle, came on at the half, scored a couple, could have had 5, and then did his OTHER ankle:( . Thanks for the kind words, SCK, but your team was better last night (actually, seriously, I thought you guys played very well), at least for most of the game. I think you will be pleased with the new Power Rankings.

And no chippy tackles? How about no tackles at all?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2-2 Sapperton

We wrap 4th place in convincing fashion..or at least our version of convincing fashion this year.

Sapperton outchanced us by a large margin but shat the bed again and again. We managed to find a way to score 2 and get the point we needed to secure 4th in the league.

So the game tomorrow has some meaning after all.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Peter Sapp always plays tough. We'll hopefully have a good game tomorrow at Kensington. I was there today doing a coaching clinic. Sure didn't like the look of the South field and I am not so sure about the North one either. Tell Merkyl to wear extra padding. We played on a great turf field at Ambleside last night. I know Sir M. is still probably listening to his eighties tunes...At least he has a maid though.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 WFC 1

We really gave this one away. We scored early and I thought had the better of the first twenty. However, they came out and started attacking real well. We let the big guy(JC) get open and we all know he is going to finish it off. 1-1 at the half. In the second, they were tiring, and we penetrated. Many missed chances including yours truly with three or so to go. Well done, Peter on the point and we'll see what happens in the B.C.'s. Sir M: We left it open for you guys....Hope your game goes well. I had heard that if you lose(not a good bet) there will be a game between us again...

Of note, the Columbus/Wickham game ended 2-0 for Columbus. Congrats on the league champs. I had heard that Columbus really had the game in their back pocket. Anyone else see it?(we were playing on the other field of course)

SCK

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK,

Unlike our last bunch of games, I didn't think the opposition outplayed us today and was quite surprised that you guys weren't more intense with the toughest test for a team, the league, on the line.

On the playoff for the league, I don't recall any changes in the rules which would mean it comes down to +/- where, although you guys have a stellar goals against, you suck on goals for and you lose.

See youse in the BC's, Peter

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was lurking out at Kensington today along with a very hungover JAGS, and have a few comments.

I stood on the north sidelines of the south field, so as to do my best to get a view of both games.

Columbus vs Wickham: Columbus was I thought by far the better side, but again Wickham worked super hard, their goaltender kept them in it, but Columbus fully deserved their 2-0 win. The choppy field hurt the more technically skilled side. Although it could have been 5-0 for the blues, it was one of those games where you half expected Wickham to get one and then it would have been game on. And Wickham definitely deserved to be there, they will be a force next year and in the BCs as well. Congrats ColemanJ et al.

Peter, I thought your guys competed very well and was very impressed by your effort. (THANK YOU!!) To come back like that in a game that really had no bearing on the standings (for WFC) showed a lot of character. I thought it was a fairly even game, and I think SCK's side was kind of tired ,but then again, so were you I am sure. Both goaltenders played very well.

As far as our remaining game goes, I spoke to the VMSL brass :rolleyes: (SCP champion speaker dancer, and Ruben) at the park today. Any tie-breaker will be a one game playoff. Us and Inter are tied on points and we have one game to play vs VFF on Wed at Ambleside at 8, and Inter are done. A win or tie and we win the title, and a loss means the playoff. I think all of our globe trotting star players are due to be back in town by the time that may roll around:rolleyes: .

Congrats to Columbus on a well deserved win. Stay tuned for the excellent power rankings, there should be some movement (don't know yet if I will have time to do them tomorrow and Thursday, or may just wait til the WVFC/VFF game is over Wed nite to do them then..we shall see..depends if Sir M is sleeping in his own bed or not by then:eek: ).

Regards, hope all the VMSL teams get a favourable draw on Tuesday.

SM.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well then things have changed since last year when we won the league on the last game of the year by beating FF by at least 2 goals to win on +/- after we were tied on points.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Well then things have changed since last year when we won the league on the last game of the year by beating FF by at least 2 goals to win on +/- after we were tied on points.

I thought the first tie-breaker was head to head. I think Inter beats WVan on aggregate by one goal?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be nice. However, as Sir M stated, league boss says that it will be played sometime next week. However, West Van will have something to say about that.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial:

Things apparently have changed a bit from previous years. Formerly, 1st tie breaker was +/-, as Peter stated.

Cheesed that I couldn't make it out for the final; at the last minute, La Señora decided she absolutely HAD to take the car to be somewhere else (something about a business meeting:rolleyes: ), and I turned down a lift to the game from SCP because I had to take Niño #2 to his Junior World Domination meeting (which ended up being cancelled :rolleyes: ). Doh!

Amazed that Colemanj was in any condition to play; after the 2.5 hour plink marathon yesterday, I'm surprised he had anything left for today.:D

Trece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0