Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters March/April 2006 Banter/Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters March 2006 Banter/Results

Yeah I was. We had a great opportunity to give a run at first. It was a bizarre game. Wind howling and on the turf very difficult controlling the ball. They definitely don't play with the ball. Rather they just try and tackle you. Their whole back line have no idea how to defend really. They scored on a weird one. A shot that I think the wind took. Rob Z. had no chance on it. I think they had two more shots the entire game... We took it to them but played right in their hands. They barely crossed center the entire second half. We didn't make the most of the possession for sure. I hope we're better next week with a hopefully a near full lineup..
SCK

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

With all due respect to Peter (since I know he will post his own version of the game), I thought we deserved a whole lot better. We totally dominated the first half, but no FINUT (Italian, I am told by Spada and Jua for putting the onion in the bag). We had a few breakaways from Randall and DV, but the ball would not bounce our way. I thought Westside was fortunate to be 0 - 0 at the half. we then got a little flat (sort of like Dicken's High School girlfriend) and we let one in, as usual on a corner. Good battle with Dix and Catliff the whole game. In the end, we had no FINUT (that Italian word for not putting it in the goal, which allows shirts to be ripped off, corner flags to be abused and girls to rip their clothes off in excitement........... okay, that was Dix at Brandy's the night before a game). We are feeling a bit like Naslund and Bertuzzi right now in not scoring, but it will come. We had a players only meeting today at the Cedar Cottage Pub to see if that would help, but Sir M usually buys the pints and Chicken Wings (Sir M ......... did you have any wings this weekend???), so we will keep Jose 'Sir M' Marinho for another week with his 1/3 Linda Signorelli Pizza slice scarf.

Looking forward to next weeks game with Besty back in the lineup and a few more bodies. Maybe this week, Dickens will not find himself at Club L at 2:30am. What were you thinking, even though you were wearing this old thing which had Argyle in it.

JAGS

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Besty,

Miro just called me and you are done for 3 more games ........... see you in September. I think your kid told Miro to Fcuk Off today at the game, so he earned Dad a few more games.............., or maybe it was Brew who wanted you home for a couple more weeks.:confused: :D :confused: :D :confused: :D

JR ....... I mean JAGS

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

JAGS said:
Besty,

I think your kid told Miro to Fcuk Off today at the game, so he earned Dad a few more games..............,

Inside voice, you fukcing cnut ref.

Besty, just get ready for Natoins Cup man, you are with the old boys now.

Lets go Rangers!

hos

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hands of Stone said:
Inside voice, you fukcing cnut ref.

Besty, just get ready for Natoins Cup man, you are with the old boys now.

Lets go Rangers!

hos

Who? And yes Besty could help you, along with a number of North of the Inlet quality (not FVSL) players, and, of course, a decent coach. (Jim Easton Sr. is on board :p ) These chances do not come about very often...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2-0 WVan/Peg

Well at the end of the day we, by gum, got the job done. It was a great game to be involved in, playing on a pitch that helped to equalize the playing field.

We fielded a depleted side and had an injury in the warm up to a starting center back—good thing we called up Smalley who served up a solid 90 at center mid.

Sir M, the starting keeper was Bun who has played with us for years (besides taking a one-year hiatus with Columbus a few seasons back). He came up huge on a couple of through balls and played well in the first half. Merks started the second half and, despite being out scaling the roofs of Granville Island at 2AM celebrating his 40th, shut the door on a team who didn't seem too keen in the second half.

My take on the game: WV came out strong and attacked right up the middle and were unlucky not to score a couple...although JC's solid run and post shot and a particularly mystifying offside call went our way.

The second half however, was a different story. Merkl picked off a couple of crosses and not much else. While we lost a man, scored 2 and threatened all the way to the wire down 1.

At the end of the day, I was surpised they didn't continue to attack up the gut and we'll take the relatively "mean nothing" 3 points.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

oh yeah, goals by Al McGrath (on a nice flick by the smallest guy on field) and JC got up and powered a header into the net (I think it bounced off their guy's (Dix's?) head). That was a good battle between those two...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter said:
(on a nice flick by the smallest guy on field) quote]

Second smallest Peter, the smallest was in net for us:p

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

10 men Meraloma beat PoCo Celtic in the Semi-Final.

2 early goals in the first to put the Old Orange in the driving seat. Half-way through the 1st, Woody made his entrance to the field and exited 30 seconds later. A red card after he slid in after he saw the keeper spill the ball. Not even sure if he touched the ball, that has to be a record :confused:

In the 2nd, they came within 1 twice. Final score: 3-2. Lomas onto the Master B Cup FInal 2nd year in a row.

Winners are Grinners :)

hedKandi

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

hedkandi:

That is a record, even for Woody.:D Actually surprised that it would be him and not Arthur, King of the Britons who would be carded against Celtic. How many cards did they pick up?

So for Cup games, this is what we have left:

League Cup semi's:

Wickham vs Westside
Inter vs Columbus

Masters' Cup final:

Oranges vs Shaheen

All are set for this weekend, but without any venues yet. Ruben must be having fun...:rolleyes:

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Game on? But no venues. I know of a nice place to have both games back to back. Hastings Bowl. Oh, I forgot the nets are already down. Baseball season it is.

SCK

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde said:
hedkandi:

That is a record, even for Woody.:D Actually surprised that it would be him and not Arthur, King of the Britons who would be carded against Celtic. How many cards did they pick up?

Trece

Yeah, well Arthur did have a go and luckily out of eye shot of the ref and me too. Celtic picked at least 3 yellows and 1 player recieved 2 yellows but the ref forgot to send him off. Luckily that didn't come back to haunt us.

Fingers crossed for park TBA to be a good one, Mcartney on the North Shore is a fave of mine. But we'll probably get Adanac north :mad:

Good luck to all involved in the Masters A Cup Semi's

hedKandi

http://members.shaw.ca/fishbak/Index.html

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

McCartney?

In your dreams, Sunshine. The only McCartney you'll get to see will be the one out on the ice on the east coast. No chance Bernie will let your lot back onto the North Shore without a struggle...:D

Good luck wherever it is you end up...

Trece

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Venues posted for this weekend...that's a late one for us, we're usually asleep by then.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 94

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

You are in our 'hood Peter, so some of us may drop by to watch, maybe I will collect my free drink.

Watch out for soccer ball thieves at that park..

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde said:
McCartney?

In your dreams, Sunshine. The only McCartney you'll get to see will be the one out on the ice on the east coast. No chance Bernie will let your lot back onto the North Shore without a struggle...:D

Trece

:D Mmm Bernie must have been paid off, (don't tell him we beat the green hoops in the semi). Our game is on the North Shore, Kinsmen Stadium which is a pretty good park if it stays dry.

ooo-rah

hedKandi

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hedkandi

Stop by Confed turf after your game, for a pint. We also have a cup final at 9:45am Sunday and hopefully will be celebrating. We can have a pint for ole times sake.

Good luck in your game!

May have to wear the Hoops after that comment!

hedkandi said:
:D Mmm Bernie must have been paid off, (don't tell him we beat the green hoops in the semi). Our game is on the North Shore, Kinsmen Stadium which is a pretty good park if it stays dry.

ooo-rah

hedKandi

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Missing the Westside tilt as I won't be back in time. With the hot sun on my old bones, can't imagine leaving poolside for that kind of exertion... guess you crazy northerners have to run around to stay warm.

Friday night I will be traveling back north to Vegas, maybe I will lay some money on red around 9 PM... go Wickham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0