Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses beat Shaheen 3 to 1 tonight at a dark griffin field. Starr the year 3 and 0. Not bad for a group of guys that are .....

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harps not doing so well to start out. Will go with @bandcamp's thoughts of ties because I suspect they've not had a full roster thus far and are better than indicated.
Fluing Horsies, especially if they have more numbers
Haven't seen Bombastic yet, but Wolves weren't as strong as they need to be, so will pick the Bomb.
Battle of the youth clubs with too many initials: tie, because you haven't seen our secret weapon yet.:rolleyes::p
Norvan.

Note: Eagles posted his game result while I was writing this...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, it took my browser 4 refreshes to show that he had posted. Was only showing up to Bandcamp's predictions before that.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

Croatia v Harps - no idea about Harps but I know Croatia loves a good tie. So, I say tie.
Shaheen v Horsies - liking the horses early season here although sometimes they struggle against speedier teams. Is Shaheen speedy? Still, Horses with the win.
Bombastic v Burnaby - close but Bombastic 2-1.
VAFC v VUFC - with all those letters this surely is a derby? I don't know but I like our chances @trece verde. VUFC to win :)
Green Devils v Norvan - Tight one. Tie.

5/5

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice work on the predictions Bandcamp...you must have had a voodoo doll working on Sunday as although our match ended 0-0 it was a scoreline that stood after we missed opportunity after opportunity. Memorial South Grass was a dirt sandpit but we need to put away our chances. It will be a long season for the GD's if they don't get more going forward.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Picking ties is my niche specialty :) Sorry to hear you you couldn't bury your chances…are they weak?

VUFC 4 - 0 VAFC We changed their name to NVAFC with a silent N for Not Very Athletic FC. Good guys but pretty slow and will be in for a long season. We missed a ton of breakaways in the first half or it could have been extremely lopsided. Second half was just bad soccer all round as the cooler got cracked for some morning brews.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devils are about on par with us - a bit too good for Div 2 but missing parts for Div 1.

NVAFC was missing the front end of the car with the engine in it on Sunday as none of our forwards decided to show up, and despite our own chances, our midfield couldn't find their net with a road map, directions and a GPS. About to start putting faces on milk cartons soon.

Lazzy had no excuse on the 3rd one that went in between his bowlegs, but there was a lack of support in front of him. VUFC had some pace going forward and were decent guys with the exception of your #18 who was a bit of a chirpy muppet. Nice to see Kaiz again - it's been quite a while. Bandcamp, next time come over and introduce yourself. Chilled hop-based bevvies always taste good, and we do offer a TTP discount.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love your adoption of NVAFC :) Good sport! I'll come say hi next time. Week 4 predictions:

VUFC v Bombastic - I like our chances?
Burnaby v Shaheen - haven't seen Shaheen but they have to be due for a win. Shaheen in a close one.
Harps v Green Devils - couple of teams up from Div 2…tie!
Norvan v NVAFC - Norvan, Norvan, Norvan. Hi @bonefish
Horsies v Croatian Tie Machine - tie!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 3 - 1 Bombastic

I haven't seen Bombastic look this weak in a long time. Just 11 guys as some of their guys choose indoor over VMSL when there's a conflict. WTF? Either way, predictions:

Harps v Norvan - Harps coming off a convincing win but Norvan playing ok too. TIE!
Croatia v Burnaby - never in doubt! Croatia :)
Shaheen v VUFC - I like our chances?
Bombastic v NVAFC - a home game for Bombastic so better numbers. Bombastic.
Green Devils v Horsies - 29 with 5 goals in 8 minutes for a new record. Horsies rebound after last week's loss.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently no one else did on your squad :)

4-2 what happened?!?!?

Yeah, my teammates suck! Shaheen capitalized on some uncharacteristic mistakes at the back by us. They finished well when they got their chances. We didn't play badly in general play but wasn't our night.

G

GreenDevil1

Looks like the 5 goals in 8 minutes thing didn't really pan out.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes the Horses lost 3 to 2 today. Two losses in a row. Was not at match. I am at my cabin for the weekend. On to next week. Band camp quit picking us!! lol. Hope all have a great turkey dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0