Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New season, new teams. According to the Most Excellent Site:
  • Bombastic FC Classic M-A
  • Bombastic SC B
  • Burnaby Wolves
  • Croatia FC Stallions
  • Green Devils FC M
  • Harps FC M
  • Norvan Lion M-A
  • Shaheen FC M
  • VAFC Spurs
  • VUFC Rangers M-A
  • WV Flying Horses
I don't believe that there are really two Bombastic teams, but I am sure the Fluing Horses were glad to see their name changed back. Green Devils, Harps, and Spurs have moved up from Division 2. This will be an interesting season.

Good luck, everyone!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs: more like pushing their wheelchairs. I will be able to provide a proper answer to that question after our date with the Horsies on Sunday.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from last night according to the excellent site:

Green Devils 2-0 Shaheen (upset of the week?)
VUFC Rangers 2-0 Burnaby Wolves

No score reported for the Croat/Norvan match, anyone know the result?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results from last night according to the excellent site:

Green Devils 2-0 Shaheen (upset of the week?)
VUFC Rangers 2-0 Burnaby Wolves

No score reported for the Croat/Norvan match, anyone know the result?

VUFC 2 - 0 Burnaby

One way traffic all night but no goals to show for it…until the last minute of the game where we scored 2 :) Burnaby were playing for a tie and took every opportunity to kick the ball as far away from the field as possible. They were tired.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 2 - 0 Burnaby

One way traffic all night but no goals to show for it…until the last minute of the game where we scored 2 :) Burnaby were playing for a tie and took every opportunity to kick the ball as far away from the field as possible. They were tired.

Why are you guys still in D1 this year?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2
Norvan 2

It was a good ole groundhog day as Croatia and Norvan played to same scoreline as they did in their opening game last season. Norvan had the edge in the first half and could have had more than a 1-0 lead after the first whistle. 2nd Half both sides made changes but Croatia's were apparently better. After 15 min of play in the 2nd they had not only equalized but taken a 2-1 lead. Norvan equalized on a pretty play with a low cross, good looking dummy and a ripper of a left foot from outside the 18 that found some space in the corner.
Both teams had a couple of posts, some shoulda coulda woulda opportunities and left a few blown tires on the field by 90min

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was downtown this morning so stopped by and took in the first half of the Spurs / Flying Horses match.

1-0 at the break Horses.

Chatting with a visiting couple from Scotland (their son was playing for Spurs) and the thing that they kept talking about was the size of the teams... more like 2 rugby teams than footie :)

20150913_101634.jpg

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Including the coach!!

89971821yokozuna2-jpg.jpg

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Sir M I was in a happy mood this am. Horses won match 2 to 0 over Spurs. Not the fastest pace game this am!! Good to start year with a win!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs: thanks for not coming over to say hello.:p That would have been our striker's parents (the wee bald fella). You're lucky you don't have much meat on your bones; some of them missed brekky this morning.:D

Eagles: likewise.:p

Game pace wasn't our problem so much as our inability to finish chances. You guys made the most of yours and did what you needed. We had enough, but couldn't put them away. I could use the missing players excuse, but anyone you put on the field has to be able to do the business. Good luck the rest of the way.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 3 - Norvan 2

They scored first and last. We scored 3 in between. Decent game. We prob carried a bit more of play but pretty even overall. Not our best effort but a grind it out type of game.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses win 5 to 0 over Bombastic tonight. 29 with the three goals in 18 minutes.

Stale 1st half by both teams.

Dressing room was on fire!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wolves 2 Spurs 1

Basically we couldn't hold onto our lead. All goals scored in the 2nd half; us on a brain fart by their keeper that landed right on our striker's foot, and theirs from our mids not closing them quickly enough. Definitely an early-season game as a number of guys limped off the field with pulls and strains, but definitely not one-sided at all. with chances not capitalized both ways. We definitely need to stop dropping points like this though.

PS - Gurps, you suck...:gurps:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

Croatia v Harps - no idea about Harps but I know Croatia loves a good tie. So, I say tie.
Shaheen v Horsies - liking the horses early season here although sometimes they struggle against speedier teams. Is Shaheen speedy? Still, Horses with the win.
Bombastic v Burnaby - close but Bombastic 2-1.
VAFC v VUFC - with all those letters this surely is a derby? I don't know but I like our chances @trece verde. VUFC to win :)
Green Devils v Norvan - Tight one. Tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0