Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Division 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not our best game today. Not sure what was worse , last week or this week. Tough loss but full credit to the green Devils. Look very unorthodox but got the job done.

On to next week!

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quiet here…predictions:

VUFC v Croatia - match of the week! One point separating the teams at the top although it's early in the year. I like our chances?
Norvan v Bombastic - it's a Friday night games Bomb will likely show up with no subs. Norvan by a few.
Burnaby v Green Devils - tight one but I'm on the Devils train; just like Putty. THE DEVILS!
Horsies v Harps - gayest sounding game of the week. Mystical almost. TIE!
NVAFC v Shaheen - NVAFC can't score. Shaheen not strong at the back but strong up front. Blowout for Shaheen.

Erocco

Oct 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV Flying Horses-Harps 0-0. We are keep dropping points. This one the we finish the game with 9 men and Harps with 10. All and all pretty even game with few chances in front of the nets.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
two reds.

I got two yellows and and then we had a straight red. I think theirs was for two yellows. Card happy ref. Probably 6 or 7 yellows in the game for things that shouldn't have been yellows.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
two reds.

I got two yellows and and then we had a straight red. I think theirs was for two yellows. Card happy ref. Probably 6 or 7 yellows in the game for things that shouldn't have been yellows.

29…what could you have gotten the yellows for? Can I guess?

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can believe it one wasn't for chirping. I know ... hard to believe. I got into someone's face after he knocked me down. Double yellow there. And then I went against my old keepers code and took out the goalie, who like me in the past, deserved it.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you can believe it one wasn't for chirping. I know ... hard to believe. I got into someone's face after he knocked me down. Double yellow there. And then I went against my old keepers code and took out the goalie, who like me in the past, deserved it.

Excellent! 6 Palm Bays for you.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now, those are words that I thought I'd never hear ;)

#pigsareflying
He's mellowed in his old age. Predictions:

Harps v Burnaby - Burnaby with an emphatic win last weekend and Harps with a well earned tie with WV. Harps in a close one.
Shaheen v Bombastic - Bombastic on Friday nights are terrible. In fact they're kind of bad on all nights and Shaheen will win by a 2-point converted touchdown.
Croatia v NVAFC - Not Very Athletic are just that and Croatia will win easily. Never in doubt!
Horsies v Norvan - Match of the week. North Shore derby. Handbags all round and too bad 29 can't play. Horsies by a goal.
The Devils v VUFC - first game of the year on grass for us. We'll likely lose. Hopefully not.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Green Devils 1 - 0 VUFC

We scored on ourselves in the first half. We had plenty of the play but didn't create many chances today. Side note - we finally got a great ref today and all the Devils did was moan for 90 minutes (4 or 5 guys all day, not the whole team). Embarrassing. I wonder what they're like with the regular refs we get?

Can't wait to see them at our park.

G

GreenDevil1

Was actually a great ref, a couple of guys did complain about getting continually hacked. Looking forward to the next one.

Green Devils 1 - 0 VUFC

We scored on ourselves in the first half. We had plenty of the play but didn't create many chances today. Side note - we finally got a great ref today and all the Devils did was moan for 90 minutes (4 or 5 guys all day, not the whole team). Embarrassing. I wonder what they're like with the regular refs we get?

Can't wait to see them at our park

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was actually a great ref, a couple of guys did complain about getting continually hacked. Looking forward to the next one.
Comical. It was all day long. #11 never stopped. Guy on sideline who got a yellow for crying. Centre back with the perm…constantly. Even when the ref made a mistake on an offside call and reversed it he still couldn't figure out what was happening and kept at him. Joke.

G

GreenDevil1

Comical. It was all day long. #11 never stopped. Guy on sideline who got a yellow for crying. Centre back with the perm…constantly. Even when the ref made a mistake on an offside call and reversed it he still couldn't figure out what was happening and kept at him. Joke.

I think every team has that guy that talks more than he plays. It was a great game, tough call with that goal pulled back and you guys had a close chance with that header grazing my post at the end.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think every team has that guy that talks more than he plays. It was a great game, tough call with that goal pulled back and you guys had a close chance with that header grazing my post at the end.
Yep. We didn't create nearly enough quality chances. Did you even have to make a save? Just clean up in the box all day long.

G

GreenDevil1

Yep. We didn't create nearly enough quality chances. Did you even have to make a save? Just clean up in the box all day long.

There were a couple, nothing of any issue. A free kick just outside the box, other than that, not too much.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 1 - 0 Harps

Harps are a good team and will be one of the top teams by year end. We were in alone a few times and couldn't convert or this one could have been over earlier.

Harps sideline zero class. Not the players....some drunk old guy.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, it wasn't me; I've been out of the country scouting nuggets (oops, I mean players) on the beaches in Mexico.

A tie vs. Bombastic while shorthanded was our best result so far. While I was away apparently there were a couple of implosions against Shaheen and Croatia. Bandcamp, it's not just that our guys aren't moving, they're also really playing like crap and nowhere near their potential.Even in Division 2 you can't win games the way we have been playing to start the season. Our chemistry is off completely and needs to be rebooted.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1
Shaheen 2

A very disappointing evening on Norvan's part as we came away with 0 points in this match. Shaheen started short but were the better side early playing a compact formation and then striking on quick counters with their speedy forwards. After their 11th arrived, things were back and forth with a couple of chances here and there. After a near miss at their goal, they came back with a through ball with a crazy strike from the 18yrd line that found the back of the net. 2nd half, we get one back on a quick break and finish. With 20min to go we have an outside mid sprung to the left of their 18, he cuts the ball back for our unmarked forward who buries it. The goal is disallowed for being offside. We keep battling, and as the game is down to minutes, some late pressure from Shaheen results in a scramble in our 18, The ball bounces to one of their mids who is followed by one our defenders who, as he closes the space, applies a bit of pressure to the jersey of said midfielder. Their mid then plants both feet, goes up on his toes, both hands fling in the air.....whistle for the pk and that does it for the match. Very disappointing end to the night. Shaheen played a solid game and have some quality players and at least one quality diver:rolleyes:. On our part, we started poorly and did not take advantage while we were a man up.

Side note, referees will have a tough time making offside calls, with no linesman, in night games, even if they get up the field(which they often don't). We have had a bad run of poor offside calls and a couple of goals called back on frickin' cut back passes where the forward runs onto the ball. Hopefully the calls all even out at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0