Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Negative. We knew from the start of the season that we couldn't go up. We already have a prem team in the masters div, and the league [Willi] doesn't allow two teams from the same club in prem, apparently. So it's Coquitlam for sure, and I believe Point Grey Knights.

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We (MF) asked Willy about this half way through the season and he told us the 2 teams in premier from the same club only applied to open.

When we played Westside the first time this year, we were chatting with a number of them after and they mentioned that they would decline promotion.....who knows, maybe they have changed their minds since then.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
...who are also a Westside team with a name of convenience.

Carry on; nothing to see here...:rolleyes:

Or they used to play as an independent under the Westside umbrella (like about 27 other teams) and two years ago decided to CAT with the Point Grey Rangers. I wouldn't call it 'convenience' as the move wasn't done to sneak into premier...it was so their younger players could still play together and PG's older players could play masters when it's time. If you think the Knights schemed this to get around getting into premier you're giving those guys too much credit :)

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
and, not to beat a drum that seems to be getting no attention, but the Westside O-Men that just won Div 1 are all guys who just came from our Premier team. With the average age of the Omen cresting to the upper 40s, and a number of guys into their 50's, they aren't trying to get promoted back into the league they chose to leave.

The answer . . . yes, it is an over 40s or over 45 league.

Columbus, MF, Firemen, Surrey, West Van and others - what happened to all you guys (Horsies, I know about you)? Let's get this new league going. Azzi is fine with it. Back to the same old teams playing each other. Scottyshell, Hose, Regs, Eagles.

I know this belongs in the other thread. So, please reply to it.

Freddy

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
With two league games left in Div.1 Masters, the Eagles vs. Meralomas game has some significance. Bombastic won a must-win game a couple of weeks ago vs. Meralomas (Georgie - comments?) and now to avoid relegation, Meralomas must win vs. Eagles or tie to force a playoff game with Bombastic. Eagles will also be gunning for a win as rumor has it from another thread (and word on the street) that they want to go to Premier. They would need the 3 points to pass the 22nd Ave Lions. And all this assumes that the Westside teams are not going to Premier. And the Lions don't want to go either?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0