Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2010/2011

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters Div 1] Results & Banter 2010-11

Good job on the thread GB!

Only chat I've seen so far is your's in the other master's thread :)

GB said:
Bombastic 4
SFU 2

Game was out of reach off of kick off for 2nd half. up 2 nil we kicked off moved a ball back then wide across field and a terrific finsih from one of our stikers top corner far post. Went up 4 nil and then gave up a penalty for hand ball with 20 mins to go. their 2nd was a nice goal and then the come back was halted. 3 points from a match we felt we needed all the points from this year. Div 1 will be more competative than last year with the 3 Westside squads...or at least on paper. Lomas next week.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good job on the thread GB!

Only chat I've seen so far is your's in the other master's thread :)

Cheers Regs.......figured with the masses of chat from Div 1 I'd start an appropriate thread rather than bog down the Premier chat:eek:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

With the 3 Westside squads in Div 1 (where they belong finally) I woudl be expecting some hot air and yabber sooner than later.

Anyone know what happened in the Shaheen vs Rangers Match. 5-1 score is a shocker to me. I am assuming some players missing, Cards or Shaheen picked up a few aged players from their open squad.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

:wa::wa:
With the 3 Westside squads in Div 1 (where they belong finally) I woudl be expecting some hot air and yabber sooner than later.

Anyone know what happened in the Shaheen vs Rangers Match. 5-1 score is a shocker to me. I am assuming some players missing, Cards or Shaheen picked up a few aged players from their open squad.

Nice prediction Georgie..........what the Fcuk! Not one Div 1 Masters post? Guess it's just me and the palm sisters for now:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard Ollie was playing Div 1 with MF.

Does that count?

:)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Feeling bad for you Georgie so I will add my 2 cents on what I heard on the Shaheen game from Stranger;

Apparently Westside had the possession but went down 2 buzz in the first 15 minutes on glaring defensive blunders. Westside got one back through Notcher and then Shaheen made it 3-1 just before the half. It was always an uphill battle in the 2nd half and Shaheen added 2 more. Apparently the score didn't tell the entire story, but a good wake up call for Westside. Those boys have some quality and will be fine. In tough tonight against the team that just missed promotion.

I think they will most definitely approach this game a bit differently.

On an aside, Stranger and some of the boys didn't know this thread existed....they do now so you will have some company GB.

You're welcome;)

DB

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Feeling bad for you Georgie so I will add my 2 cents on what I heard on the Shaheen game from Stranger;

Apparently Westside had the possession but went down 2 buzz in the first 15 minutes on glaring defensive blunders. Westside got one back through Notcher and then Shaheen made it 3-1 just before the half. It was always an uphill battle in the 2nd half and Shaheen added 2 more. Apparently the score didn't tell the entire story, but a good wake up call for Westside. Those boys have some quality and will be fine. In tough tonight against the team that just missed promotion.

On an aside, Stranger and some of the boys didn't know this thread existed....they do now so you will have some company GB.

You're welcome;)

DB

I prefer to be laughed at than felt sorry for:cool: but I most appreciate the company and the update. Was thinking I was going to have to get promoted this year so I could get in on the real piss taking while taking a beating on the field............now I can relax and finish mid tables;)

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside. Those boys have some quality and will be fine. In tough tonight against the team that just missed promotion.

FYI - 22nd ave Lions were no were near promotion last year (I'm pretty sure) but they are a team that underperformed last year for sure

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

FYI - 22nd ave Lions were no were near promotion last year (I'm pretty sure) but they are a team that underperformed last year for sure

GeorgieB, from what I know 22nd ave Lions whole goal is to just stay in Div1. Most of their guys have played Premier in open's and Masters and they choose not to anymore. Heck this team is happy not to practice and to just show up for games. When they need to battle they do, they just don't care or want to be promoted!!

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

GeorgieB, from what I know 22nd ave Lions whole goal is to just stay in Div1. Most of their guys have played Premier in open's and Masters and they choose not to anymore. Heck this team is happy not to practice and to just show up for games. When they need to battle they do, they just don't care or want to be promoted!!

That would make sense from what I saw of them last year. Some real quality players but results are all over the place some times. We drew with them in both our matches but they moved the ball around really well. I see they showed up to play Westside last night

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Georgie good for you to keep this thread going. I have one question though (or two, or more)...Cliff got relegated and their team just basically exploded as a result with a few guys going to Columbus or maybe PCOV, Sapp, 22nd Ave or to the NCSL? Or just quit to play hockey or whatever? WTF didn't Cliff start in Div 1 and work their way up originally? What happened? I always thought Cliff was a really proud organization...as far as I can remember.

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M, you are correct, they are only proud when they are in the top leagues!!:rolleyes:

I always thought Cliff was a really proud organization...as far as I can remember.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sir M...............I honestly don't know what happened and I woudl agree most CLiff Ave teams have been pretty loyal. Maybe for some the bones were getting sore and the remaining few for their last few years in PREM. Unlike me who would quit my club if we gained promotion unless I found out we could cash in on a four pack of Guinness:knvb:

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Merry Lamas 2
Bombastic FC 1

Long and short they controlled the 1st half and were the better side. We fought hard in the second half but really never looked like gettign a result. 2 nil at the half and the second goal was a cracker of a shot from top corner of 18 yard box (from 20 - 21 yards) top corner far post. We scored our goal at the 84th minute while they missed an empty net from 10 yards in the second half.

Lomas played hard and worked the ball around well. We never really put it together today.

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey look Georgie, you're not just talking to yourself anymore.:D

Ya....but it would be nice to chat with someone who know's something about playing in Div 1 Tece! :p OUCH. How are things in Div 3 these days?

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bombastic FC 0
Westside Originals 2

The match was pretty hard battled all afternoon. I would say we were in no danger of winning the match today but we were looking like we might get a stalemate with some hard work and a wee bit of luck but after Catliff put a header off our post and into our keeper's hands with about 20 to go it lookied like the luck was going our way. With about 15 mins left to play Westside were given a deserved free kick right on the edge of the box. We set up a 5 man all but ball goes through our outside man's legs and deflects in off the post. Catliff then added a second to his free kick goal to make it 2-0 five mins later.

I hate losing but today is what we play for. Good clean football that is fought hard between two teams. Westside now 9 poit on top of the tables.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0