Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/Banter/Rumours/Sept/October 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goaltenders are different. But I will not criticize anyone that has one goal against in his four games this season.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs
making comments about chances sure beats making comments about goal scored on me. I will take it. I will be the first to admit when I have been beat and I was against MFFF. Thankfully I had my defender on the post. That is what they are for. Win as a team lose as a team. When you guys figure that out you may have some success.

Regs,
I think he may have been refering to his defenders as posts ... and he may have been suggesting you line up five defenders on each one.... however, I think he may be dissing your team - perhaps trying to indicate that you are not a team but two teams playing in one uniform or just individuals doing their own thing. Not sure why he would do that to the Administrator.
I'm just saying - that is what I got from that comment..... I doubt he was trying to stir anything up .... but I bet he let's in a goal this weekend.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week:

Richmond at Sapperton: Sapperton will not have many CAT guys, but should squeak out a narrow one. Sapperton.

West Van at Wickham. West Van do not CAT, and are without their #1, #2 and #3 Captains due to injury, suspension, and globe trotting again, and are down over a dozen guys in total, but are tough. Tie.

Surrey United at PCOV. I am saying SU are too good to lose another one. Surrey United.

Columbus at Metro Ford Firefighters. Columbus are without Hose, which should help. MFFF need to wake up, or look for another team to merge with. Columbus.

West Side at Cliff Avenue. Cliff were inspirational week before last, but very disappointing last week. Tie.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB's Predictions

Richmond at Sapperton. 1-2. The 1 sub for Sapp is the difference.

West Van at Wickham. 2-0. Come back to earth.

Surrey United at PCOV. 1-3. Just a good team getting their share of points.
Columbus at Metro Ford Firefighters. 2-1. What happened to that "great" start?

West Side at Cliff Avenue. 0-2. Westside only gets a full team out vs. Sapp.

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp vs. Richmond will be postponed
West Van vs Wickham 3-1
Surrey vs PCOV 2-2
Columbus vs MFFF 2-0
Westside vs Cliff 1-0

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp vs. Richmond 1-2
West Van vs Wickham 0-1
Surrey vs PCOV 0-2
Columbus vs MFFF 0-3
Westside vs Cliff 0-2

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 2
SU 2

Hard battle tonight with BRM coming back from 1-0 and 2-1 deficits to get at least a point. Muzz with our first and Studsup with a free kick to tie it. We are getting there, slowly but surely... there is a pulse.

Excellent site shows Wickham over West Van 2-0 and Sapp 2-1 over RFC.

MF / Columbus postponed?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yep you are right Regs, Wickham beat WV 2-0. Funny game where we had all possession for the first 20-30 and the lady ref called back a good WV goal for a reason I don't not know why, which seemed to turn the tide a bit. Then all of a sudden, Wickham makes a break and buries one...oops the ref did not see it even though it was like five feet inside the post. Goal kick for WV. I would be mad if I was Wickham at that point, but WV decided then to stop marking and give Wickham another goal (this one would count) off an another deflected ball off of a defender. WV then really pressed for the next almost an hour, and in a play I have not seen in some time, Wickham had a direct counterattack breakaway after they picked up a rebound of a strike directly off of their goalpost which caromed out to the Wickham 18 and the break was on from there...to quote still injured Besty this year..."guys, buy a lottery ticket".

Having said that, Wickham did what they needed to do, and West Van did not. Well done Wickham.

Sir M.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Sir M, sounds alot like the game between our teams a couple of weeks ago. Except we hit the underside of the bar 3 times.

Oh wait...

charlie

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, why do you you think we as Sapp uses the cat system??????????
There is only one player who is good for cat, but he never wants to play.
Sapp is all Masters.

charlie

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did manage a win against Richmond with a sketeton crew. No "mouth" for a center back(you all know who he is). No Sully, Meers, Mcnabb. It was a good gritty game, with suspect calls from the man in the center circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0