Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ending of this game was very interesting. Dubious foul call when the reeling Poco team was down to 10 men with ten to go. Free kick from 35 yards out to Poco, then called offside, and the lino had his flag up right away, quite emphatically. The guy in the middle does not buy that. He goes over and speaks to the lino who was right there on the offside line, and it was a set piece not a bang-bang play where the lino may have erred as he was set on the offside line. However the ref makes a show and overturns the lino's call although he was not in at all as good enough position to make that call. To quote one former Whitecap on WVFC, "I have never seen that call in 30 years". But that is the way the ref decided to call it tonight out in the valley.

So now it is 3-3, and the whistle blows at 90 minutes, and we are going to extra time. At 0910 PM the lights go off at the now 10 man and reeling home team's park. The park next door had lights on until at least 1045 PM for the FVSL game going on. So game postponed at 3-3 and 11 vs 10 I guess. I have no idea what comes next.

Give me strength.

Forest Gump goes to Washington DC - YouTube

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus came out and dominated up and down the park for the first 25 mins and were deservedly up 2-0. We were sleep walking for the first 25 mins. After we went down 2-0 we started to assert ourselves and were rewarded with a penalty at the 40 min mark. We convert and go into half 2-1 down. Second half was really one way traffic for us and we were awarded another penalty after their right back cleared a ball off of the line with his hand. Peno and red card. We convert and score two going away. Aside from some late pressure in the 9 minutes of time added on we held on for a good win. On to Westside Rangers it appears in the next round.

PS. All due respect to Eagles but I'd love to hear Jags and his never ending litany of excuses now. You lost to a team that managed 8 pts in 18 games in Premier. Well done! Too bad you can't get promoted. It'd be nice to have at least 2 easy games next year!

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ending of this game was very interesting. Dubious foul call when the reeling Poco team was down to 10 men with ten to go. Free kick from 35 yards out to Poco, then called offside, and the lino had his flag up right away, quite emphatically. The guy in the middle does not buy that. He goes over and speaks to the lino who was right there on the offside line, and it was a set piece not a bang-bang play where the lino may have erred as he was set on the offside line. However the ref makes a show and overturns the lino's call although he was not in at all as good enough position to make that call. To quote one former Whitecap on WVFC, "I have never seen that call in 30 years". But that is the way the ref decided to call it tonight out in the valley.

So now it is 3-3, and the whistle blows at 90 minutes, and we are going to extra time. At 0910 PM the lights go off at the now 10 man and reeling home team's park. The park next door had lights on until at least 1045 PM for the FVSL game going on. So game postponed at 3-3 and 11 vs 10 I guess. I have no idea what comes next.

Give me strength.

Well we will see what the league decides for the next game and hope they can't add any players that weren't there just what their line-up sheet had .
And no word from any pcov guys , they must have lost if so the # 2,3 team are out like I said n #1 on the ropes

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pcov bet they will blame the ref or anyone except themselves , # 2,3 out and have to wait for at least a month or more till b.c s

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pcov bet they will blame the ref or anyone except themselves , # 2,3 out and have to wait for at least a month or more till b.c s

You need to relax little JC!! Why wouldn't we blame ourselves? Westside came out hard against us and it showed we were rusty having not played in a while. Missing some key guys was a factor but we still had our 11 and a few bodies on the bench. Credit to Westside as they controlled the first half. We came out stronger in the second and played much better. Both teams had a few good chances but both goalies came up big and kept the game scoreless. This game went scoreless in OT and was decided on the last shooter in pk's. Westside keeper made the save and they'll continue their run in the league cup and try and get a Provincial berth. I guess they'll have their hands full with 22nd Lions (Croatia). As for us, we will have another 2 month break until Provincials start. Good luck to the remaining teams in the league cup.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M. I turned the lights off. After a "dubious" red card. I had enough of watching.

It's funny how the referee can listen to WV players moan and bitch and swear at him for 90 minutes. I say the F word once after two WV players went in ankle high and boom red card. "You have to be ****ing kidding me" exactly iswhat was said. Other comments included "wtf ref, **** off, what a ****ing joke " amongst others. I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that we thumped his team 49 goals to nil in the FVSL over the least three years? And rubbing it in. If you play soccer in the same age group you shouldn't be reffing in it no matter what league you play in. I believe that is why hes no longer allowed to referee in the FVSL or maybe hes just not good enough to. Just saying....
i liked his comment about we are not ten year old men here even better
Who was the engel ish wank who got tossed from wv

Sid

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Give me strength.

sir m poco city hall controls the lights from town hall and there is fuk all slater can do about it
That saying the field time should of allowed for extra through booking etc

Some one has to be accountable

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know when we have a cup home game, the league mandates that the lights are left on for 2.5 hours, and we then contact the District who re-sets the l settings for the lights. Happens routinely.

Sir M

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:sun:
I know when we have a cup home game, the league mandates that the lights are left on for 2.5 hours, and we then contact the District who re-sets the l settings for the lights. Happens routinely.

Sir M
yodas wife is the girl who works in the parks dept who does the scheduling for the lights;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dubious foul call when the reeling Poco team was down to 10 men with ten to go. Free kick from 35 yards out to Poco, then called offside, and the lino had his flag up right away, quite emphatically. The guy in the middle does not buy that. He goes over and speaks to the lino who was right there on the offside line, and it was a set piece not a bang-bang play where the lino may have erred as he was set on the offside line. However the ref makes a show and overturns the lino's call although he was not in at all as good enough position to make that call.

Funny thing is he got it right. Not in a million years was he offside.
You guys got a suspect PK, had us at 10 men to a 2nd yellow that came out very quickly considering you guys got a lot of talking to with no cards, and our free kick at centre is "dubious"?

Obviously somebody at city hall booked the lights to be on at 0730 PM, with 2 45 minute halves would take us to 0900 PM, and a 10 minute halftime makes it 0910 PM. It was booked perfectly.

I understand (Sapp), that this would never happen (Sapp) anywhere else (Sapp) but in the valley (Sapp).

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:sun:yodas wife is the girl who works in the parks dept who does the scheduling for the lights;)

Not true, however she was the dark hooded figure standing at the light switch after she saw us "reeling" after tieing up the game.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Yoda was in the background cutting the lights, probably using the same control panel where he froze the cork field last time.

He may actually have been controlling the ref's thoughts on overturning the assistant referee's offside goal call as well in some weird and scientifically yet to be explained way.

He is not called Yoda by accident.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Know me well you do.
That was the real reason I got subbed out

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valley or VMSL there is no team that complains like WV. It is amazing.
Somehow they got a spot shot and played a man up for nearly the entire second half and STILL the ref was against themm.
The overrule was easy - the ref was a few feet from the play the lino was 70 feet away. It was right call.

The peno on the other hand, not so sure. Perhaps he should have called the bear hug tackle just before the 'hand ball'.

Ignoring all that it was a pretty good back and forth game with our keep making a couple big saves before we tied it up.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game to be decided at gates Wednesday nine pm in the warm up box
May the best team win not bestys but the best
Ps the Castilians were up bright and early this morning practising there spot shots at the turf box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0