Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters Cup 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even if teams buy spots, who gives a rats arse??!! If you got the money and are capable of buying a spot and being in a more competitive league then do it. If your team wants to earn it by winining their way up, good on you! Their are plenty of teams that have bought their way up to div 1 or to come up to premier.

My2cents!

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And on the B side an old rivalry: Westside vs. Columbus
I am going to pick Columbus by 2-goals. They seem to be on fire as of late.

Norvan is still quite choked about our 2nd round exit. I don't think I am going out on a limb if I say that the draw for the B' Cup was lopsided. The top half we played in had the 1st,2nd place Div 3 teams, the 1st place Div 2 team and the 1st place O'40's team.

Despite the draw we thought we would have a decent shot at a deep run but failing to finish our 1st half chances came back to haunt us as we conceded a game tying penalty in last seconds of injury time for regulation play. The descent was not over for us as we gave up an easy 1st half extra time goal. A glimmer of hope came as we were awarded a 2nd half injury time PK which we converted(haven't seen that sequence of events before...2 injury time game tying PK's). Onto PK's where we missed 2 and Burnaby missed none(1 of our shots deflected off their keeper to the crossbar to the ground and backup and over the net)...a lot of shitty tasting beer failed to ease the agony of that defeat.
Burnaby then gets worked over by Columbus in the next round(Whaaaat??? I am hoping our consolation is that we ran the Wolves ragged even into the next week).

Anyways....I will sail my bitter boat elsewhere and end with a good luck to Columbus and Westide and and to those teams on the A-side.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boys send results as soon as you got em. Stranded on an island in Hawaii. Killing me to miss this one

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup, soon as the Columbus vs Westside game is over, I'll let you know the results.
You can go back to sipping MaiTai's

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
According to the excellent site, Westside 1-0 Poco ... congrats to the sly veterans from the well-to-do side of town.

Oh it's all gone quiet over there
Oh it's all gone quiet over there
Oh it's all gone quiet, it's all gone quiet
It's all gone quiet over there

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 0-1 Westside

I'm sure both teams were out for a good piss up so you won't have many guys up this early.

Congrats to Westside for the win.
It was a good game for both teams not a huge amount of really good scoring opportunities for either team throughout.

Poco went to 10 men about 30 into the 1st half with a red on a challenge i think was a bit wreck less but it was the reaction that was unnecessary and was a red.
Their goal came off a corner to Simons head that was finished nicely for the game winner and MVP earning goal.

We pushed in the last 20 with some fresh legs but couldn't pull off a WestVan like comeback.

Was a beautiful day at Trillium for all the games.

Moving on to provincials.

Congrats to Westside again for a great league finish and cup run.
They'll be a Provincial contender for sure.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Simon played? I thought for sure he'd be glued to the telly with all the curling going on :)

Hi Simon :)

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda pretty much summed it up. It was a cup final battle....not a lot of chances at either end. Both teams missing starters. It was a shame it didn't stay 11 v 11 as I thought it would have been a different game but the red was definitely a red. A bit uncharacteristic from the big man. Poco were definitely hard done by on the goal as there is no way it was a corner that led to the big man's header.

Happy that we've ended with a good run to give us a chance again at Provincials. At the end of this cup run, we never let in one goal....not a bad record for the ageing Westside lads.

Time for a wee rest and trying to get off Mexico time. Cheers.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I finally got around to pulling together a few of the clips I took. The lighting was poor as there was that gungy cloud over us the entire game. Everywhere else it was sunny, except Trillium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0