Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Banter/Results Jan & Feb 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters] Banter/Results January 2007

Sir M said:
West Van 2 Inter 2.

And SCK wasn't even there, and we bought a new Barbeque and everything :(.

A new barbie?? Sounds like a posh club...We usually bring a hibatchi style from the 70's. You know the ones that Joe and Maria used to bring down to New Brighton on a Sunday afternoon..

Too bad I missed the match...for your goalie's sake. Sounds like we survived the offensive punch of West Van. RZ needed to get some action since you can only gain so much weight. Raincheck on the salsice...Provincials??

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Masters] Banter/Results January 2007

Freddy said:
It was good to get in a game, glad the PK debacle didn't weigh in on the result, Westside had a controlling game.

.. someone please buy Freddy some glasses ... controlling ? .. Westside will be easily disposed of when it matters... :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen, Sapperton, and Inter with 2 games this weekend - ouch!

Who won last night? VMSL website is confusing at the best of times but I *think* Inter played Sapperton @ Burnaby Lake turf.

BRM is playing Div 1 CAT this weekend apparently vs Indo D1 CAT. I hope CAT is really bad because I'm not up to chasing anything anymore :mad:

Good luck!

~Regs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
BRM is playing Div 1 CAT this weekend apparently vs Indo D1 CAT. I hope CAT is really bad because I'm not up to chasing anything anymore :mad:

Thats what you get for coming to the VMSL Regs!

I think though that you are confusing this week with next. According to the excellent site it is Fireman and Inter who must playtwice this weekend, and it was Inter vs PCOV last night, although that score is not yet reported.

Perhaps SCP or SCK (kind of like the INXS and U2 of Take The Piss) can help us out...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have learned one thing quickly since joining the VMSL. For the sake of accuracy, click on "This week's schedule" on the website for the most up to date info.

We play at 12:00 noon at North Surrey Lower on Sunday vs Indo-Akal B. We will be playing as Surrey United B.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The confusion came from the main master's page that has the schedule on it... you'll see what I mean there unless they have changed it since 5AM today...

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like Fireman let Richmond think they could take 3 pts from us as we handed them a goal mid way through the first half.......to bad that's when we actually started to play....final score 2-1 VFF although truth be told it could been by more but our front line (myself) only found the net once and should've done alot better....now I know why they have lost so many games...the back line is not that good to be able to tippy tappy the ball out...re:second goal! Refreshing to have at least 3 extra bodies on the sideline...to bad Sunday will be down to 10 men..at the start!

Cheers!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So what happened in the other Friday night game? No body talking....don't want to be like the FVSL web site and not be bantering back and forth....just been sent to clean the crapper by the missus...must've stained the bowl after all the beer a pizza at the Thirsty Penguin (8-rinks)...seems I got home later than I thought...could've swore the clock said 2:30....but 3:30??

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell said:
....just been sent to clean the crapper by the missus...must've stained the bowl after all the beer a pizza at the Thirsty Penguin (8-rinks)...

Tooo much information....

The excellent site is reporting a 3-3 tie between SFU and Wickham last night. By my math, SFU are now to be relegated to Div 1, and Wickham in their first season in the top tier, stay up, so congrats to ColemanJ et al on that.

That is if the VMSL demotes one team from each side, and does not go on point total. If they choose the latter, then Wickham is not out of the woods yet.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFU / Wickham in a 3-3 tie. Wickham up 2-0 then 3-1 but had a bad 30 minute stretch to let them in the game. Couldn't finish them off on a few good chances. Our keeper played like he was old, tired and had a broken arm or we would have closed out the win.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, it was 3-1 Inter...but much closer than that. SCP: you guys looked good for much of the game and carried the play with Tony F. Man, is he good...Unbelievable ball control. Scottyshell: ten men?? Well, that beats us by a few. You really should have taken advantage of Richmond's "suspect" D..Especially, TI. See you in the a.m....EARLY!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 1 Firemen 0

Good hard fought battle with the early bird special at Bby turf. Yours truly with one early off a rebound from a well placed free kick. Had the first fifteen minutes then Firemen came on strong for most of the match . RZ losing a few pounds with some very fine saves especially the one on the goal line...We had a couple of chances to seal the deal with a free kick "just outside" the box and a possible red card off a breakaway. Could have gone either way. Teams be aware of the Firemen. With a full lineup and some luck they WILL be there come Provincials....

SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV/ Sapp it was a 2-2 tie on a tiny muddy field with Big M being front and center on both Sapp goals and sending off WV's top scorer for asking how he missed the penalty call on Danny with a minute to go. Both sides had chances, and both goaltenders played very well. Full marks to Favro for at way over 35 playing like 170 minutes within 18 hours. They were a stronger side with their Premier guys playing, including the same guy that scored the tying goal against WV A on a set piece yesterday, although today it wasn't with a minute to go, it was with 6. Second time in two weeks WV has given up the lead twice. I did not think it was possible that this particular official could do worse. But today, he did.

PS Staff are reporting a 4-2 Columbus win over Westside.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK - you guys were lucky not to be arrested on teh way out - shoul dhave been 5-1 us - if chucky had any finish. Tell Tino that he sounds like some guys wives that I know ...... he didn't stop for the first 5 minutes he was on - the sidelines, ref, your players, etc.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 4-2 over Westside.
Was a hard fought battle, Westside scored in the first 5 minutes
and our left back had no chance. Columbus tied it up and put a lot of preasure on there defence all day. West Van Alumni Kevin had a natural hatty in the first half. Columbus deserved the win and missed a ton of chances. Westside did press at times when John wasn't having a moan every 2 minutes and slowed the play down. The left back (DD) had a great game in goal today for Columbus. Cheers!

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry going to have to go back to Friday night FF RU here........

Per Scottyshell comment : spot on per RU tippy tappy stuff ALL over the park cost us .. We held the lead Midway into the 2nd half and could have tied the game as well .. oh well par for the course I guess
Concerning goals .. we ran out of gas and caused our own problems and FF capitalized
Been a slice in Premier ...
whens the cup?

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dick ... not that night
Only one shot on my own net this year and my goalie should
have had it ???? againest ICSF ... still think it's been the nicest one this year that I've seen .. total Beckam Curl and all

actually FF had problems with shooting as well
the Teams on the other Pitch @ BBY Lake were tired of Shaggen
the Balls that floated over the TWO fences
Jus jokin ... their shots hit the fence alot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0