Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters B League Cup 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, here is a story about the player you speak of. A couple of years back, in summer league a player on the opposing team was frustrated and got a bit dirty and then gave him a bit of a nasty shove to the ground. About 15 minutes later, our player that you speak of got the ball 1 v 1 vs the opposing player, and he megged him. Then he stopped, came back, and did it again. Then he did it a third time, and the opposing player stopped, threw his hands up, and proclaimed..."why are you doing this to me, it was him...(pointing at the other midfielder who was standing innocently about 10 yards away indicating who had pushed him down)...

The player you refer to cracked a big smile and said he was sorry at that point. Mistaken identity in this case...JAGS may have a story about this guy's experience with a young fan in Scotland who accused him of not being his favourite player.

A few good stories about two of the Rainforest lads. One played for Livingstone in the Scottish SPL. Wee Gleswegian kid comes up to him and asks .... "Are you 'Ranger Forever' (names protected for the innocent, but love RF so using his name), RF responds .......... I, yes I am. Wee lad responds ....................... your shiite". RF walks away as a sad professional soccer player. Other story involves a certain physio with the Caps, who also plays for Rainforest. Shows up at summer league game for Pegasus v. a certain ethic team in the NS Coaches League. Beats the same guy at least 4 x and the guy screams out, "this is not fair, I am new to the country and a way better soccer player becaue I'm Mexican". Franksie beats him again and scores a cracker from 30 yards out and says 'welcome to Canada, hope you enjoy your footaball stay'. True stories and two quality lads who we hope to face in the Finals.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rainforest must be saving themselves up for the Flying Horsies, because they phoned in the points against us.:rolleyes:

(1-0 D on Wednesday)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rainforest actually doesn't get to play the Horsies in the final quite yet:

They have a semi final tomorrow morning against Roma Rangers, that should be a good one as RRangers have a 34 points on 16 games on one side of Div 3, and Rainmen have a 37 points on 17 games on the other side.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It will be a Horses v. Rainforest final next week. Heard that they beat Roma 3-2. As for our match on Friday night, we started really flat. Sort of like Dickens high school girlfriend in grade 12. We gave up one early on an error by our Keeper. Always good to put the guy in net, who took the tops of his fingers off in a construction accident earlier in the day. He gifted their forward a goal, and it was the first adversity that we've faced all year. We changed things up a bit with formation and the tables turned to our favor. We fought back and JVD scored soon after to tie things up. Then in the final minute of the 1st half, Dale scored another cracker. 2-1 at the half. We should have had a number of others in the 2nd half, but only was able to put one buy the Westside keeper. We were full marks for the victory and looking forward to the cup next weekend.

JAGS

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job - Jags. Read the result in the Sydney Herald. It looks as though it will be a great battle between the two top teams in Div. 3B. Horses have beat the Forest twice this year and are looking to beat them for a third time.

Will the Forest have a full line up? Will the Horses have a full line up??

Predictions anyone??

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent site result:

Flying Horses 2
Rainforest 1

Congrats to the Flying Horses! Impressive run through Div 3 this year...

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will leave it to JAGS to report the details on this one. But there was some way higher than Div 3 Masters soccer being played today in this final. Well done to JAGS running the 20 person Horses lineup.

Where was Eagles?

:bronco:

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eagles was on Bondi Beach with his rugby team. Come home on Wednesday after 18 days away. Horses hope to spoil the chances of Roma on Wednesday nite.

Good to see JR pull himself out of the line up to coach. I made that same decision about 6 weeks ago and it helped the team. Atko was outstanding in cup play.

Great team atmosphere all year - great to hear the lads singing at the Cross by satellite phone today!!

Rumor has it that a few more players may want to come our way for next season. Nothing against Atko - he is a good goalie but a great striker!! We have a goalie in the wings waiting to sign with the Horses. There will be some tough decisions to be made by the management team of the Horses over the summer months.

austrailia_bondi_beach_l.JPG

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats The Watchman looking for JTL in Mexico. He misses him.

Eagles do you have email down there?

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ATKINSON!
Too funny.

I really wish the VMSL would give out trophies that are a Cup and you can drink out of. ;):p It has taken me the last 12 hours to put the trophy back together after it was 'modified' for drinking purposes at the bar. A trophy that arrives at the bar in one piece, should never be taken out of the bar in 4 pieces. What a great day and a great bunch of guys we have in our Team and club.

JAGS

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses beat Roma last night 4 to 0, could have been more.

So much for people saying that 3A was the tougher side of the draw.

Play GFC on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0