Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the draw, sorry about any cut and paste formatting errors, but you get the drift. I will leave it up to someone else to post the Imperial Cup draw.

VANCOUVER METRO SOCCER LEAGUE

2011-2012 MASTERS’ ‘A’ CUP SCHEDULE

PRELIMINARY ROUND

Game 1: Shaheen FC ‘M’ vs Westside Bulldogs

ROUND OF 16

Game 2: Westside FC ‘M-A’ vs Coquitlam Metro-Ford Wolves ‘M’
Game 3: Winner of Game 1 vs KLM Alemania
Game 4: PCOV Sporting ‘M’ vs SFU United
Game 5: Surrey United ‘M’ vs Meralomas SC ‘M’
Game 6: Columbus FC ‘M’ vs Westside Rangers
Game 7: Sapperton Rovers ‘M’ vs Eagles FC
Game 8: West Van FC ‘M’ vs Richmond FC Olympics ‘M’
Game 9: Westside Knights vs Romanian FC ‘M’

QUARTER-FINALS

Game 10: Winner of Game 2 vs Winner of Game 3
Game 11: Winner of Game 4 vs Winner of Game 5
Game 12: Winner of Game 6 vs Winner of Game 7
Game 13: Winner of Game 8 vs Winner of Game 9

SEMI-FINALS

Game 14: Winner of Game 10 vs Winner of Game 11
Game 15: Winner of Game 12 vs Winner of Game 13

FINAL
Game 16: Winner of Game 14 vs Winner of Game 15

VANCOUVER METRO SOCCER LEAGUE
2011-2012 CUP PLAY

IMPORTANT NOTES

Ø Home teams are always listed first.
Ø Home teams are reminded that it is their responsibility to prepare the field of play.
Ø Home teams are to change jerseys in case of a colour conflict.
Ø The officials’ fees are to be shared equally between the two teams.
Ø In case of a tie, two 15-minute halves of overtime will be played. If the game is still tied after overtime, the result will be decided by penalty kicks.
Ø The CAT system will NOT be in effect during Cup play.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see WV has a similar draw to their open team, a nice easy route to the semi-finals! Sapperton will not have the same run as they did last year. They will win the first game and get knocked out in the round of 8. There is just to much distractions going on in WAB's club house. Not sure if Bohica has anything to do with it?:rolleyes:

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the first playoff game (preliminary round) is starting on feb 5th and than the rest of the games (round of 16) will start the following week (feb 10,11,12)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van are out...again...as Richmond won 3-1 and fully deserved it, WV did not show up. Bunny with a straight red for complaining about an offside call against him.

Later.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 2-0 SFU Utd. We probably didn't play our best game but came out with the result we needed. Alot of banged up bodies for us. Full credit to SFU for running their bags off for the full 90, well done! This game was pretty physical at times. PCOV up 1-0 at the half and we Lapa added the insurance marker in the second. On to Surrey or Meralomas.

Heard Columbus was up 2-0 ....not sure if that was the final. Also Sapp won 5-0 I believe. Shocking result for West Van but well done to Richmond. Any news on the Westside/MF game?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last I heard, SU is down to 10 for Sunday vs Meralomas... not looking good to extend the season and salvage anything :(

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last I heard, SU is down to 10 for Sunday vs Meralomas... not looking good to extend the season and salvage anything :(

Carson played for poco last night. Maybe he is available Sunday. Apparently all you got to do is call. #dialatransfer

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I will try and find out...
SU 2-1

Started with 9 for the first 10 minutes - don't know if 1 or more showed up after that. Ang played out and coach Cainy played between the sticks.

Hopefully Ballbaby can fill in the details.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU 2-1

Started with 9 for the first 10 minutes - don't know if 1 or more showed up after that. And played out and coach Cainy played between the sticks.

Hopefully Ballbaby can fill in the details.

Game started out with me biting my lip during pre-game setup. Referee shows up and the first thing he says to me while I am unlocking nets is " Are we playing on this cow pasture?" As most of our opponents know, Cloverdale Athletic 4 and 5 are pretty decent pitches. Seeing as we are one of the few clubs that still provide the opportunity to play on grass, and the fact that the pitch was in pretty good shape given this time in the season, I did not appreciate his stupid comment!!!! Kept my mouth shut but he could tell I didn't like his arrogance.

Started game with nine men. Cainy went home to get his kit to play goal and allow Angelo to play out. That took about 10-15 minutes or so because I am pretty sure Cainy decided to have a "quickie" when he got home. He's horny as a rabbit and this seems to be the only time he moves quick these days. We played well and controlled the game with nine men. Meralomas work hard and have varying levels of skill in different areas of the pitch. They seem like a pretty united bunch who work hard for one another. They don't whine. They just get on with it.

We squandered a ton of chances..................as usual, but scored off a cross from me to Harky in the first half. Second half had Howser steal the ball from their keeper and with painstaking patience walked it around him and slotted it in.

Meralomas best opportunities were as follows:

- anytime they mis-kicked a cross
- anytime any of our back three took a goal-kick
- anytime cainy tried to punt or throw a ball

Lomas scored late in the game when we decided that playing an offside trap was a good option. I wasn't in on the plan and kept them onside. 4 man breakaway. It was pretty exciting. I had a Lomas player follow me into the net trying to pry the ball away to get on with the restart. I held on to it with all my might. It was my ball. That might have been the highlight of my day. I felt good about myself after that. :cool:

My right leg is quivering as I write this post, likely fatigue and a lactic acid reaction. Left leg seems fine? Maybe don't run right?

Looking forward to the next game for certain.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0