Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Surrey could make some noise in the BCs if they stay healthy and get guys out. Hopefully the suspensions are not severe.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done to West Van.
MBE, Dickens, Jags, Eagles, Notty etc. - Congrats on the double.
That is great stuff.

As Deucy said, well done to the boys on Surrey United to for the run they've had lately too.
Tough start but way to shift gears at the most important time of year.

Heard the match was a cracker and best of luck to both teams in the BCs.

Cheers,
RF

Dickens:
Did you sip one out of the Quaich for me? ;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
download

Just guessing, but this reminds me a bit of someone's avatar.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers to Surrey Class side, on a good hard fought game yesterday! Was a good match and everything left on the field by both teams.

Eagles Magic BBQ.

RF... Had atleast one out of the Quaich for you ;)

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
good times at Saturday!! I just left Kinsman now!! Great sleep in the nest. Looking forward to next BBQ on the 17th.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And some credit should go to West Van for gutting it out and coming back from a very early goal against on a funny rebound, and Notty getting sent off in the first half.

Sir M
Funny as in comical how Planks made a meal of it? He should have let the original shot go as I think it was labelled for the crossbar :D

To be honest, I'm still a bit perplexed how Cuds managed to get sent off at the same time as Notty - I thought the call for the foul on Cuds was harsh as it was? From where I was, it looked like he kicked the ball. I dunno, maybe not I guess but by no means should that have been a red on it's own. Someone mentioned the pair had been jawing at each other a few minutes previous so maybe the ref felt he needed to put an end to anything right then and there.

The straight red to HOS at the end though really hurts - I didn't see exactly what happened... was it a last-man-back professional foul call? Noone mentioned anything to me that HOS butchered him...

I thought we did OK, all things considered. WV is a solid team and must have the most depth across the park for any masters team in BC. Not too many areas of weakness for them, that's for sure.

But what could have been for us :(

Hopefully we can get a couple of more wins added to our year here as I would definitely like another crack at these guys with a healthy lineup. I thought Pete did a great job in there in his first game this year. Shuey will make a huge difference as well.

Could the setting for the game be any better though? I really wish the league could somehow pull a finger out and make it a priority to get this venue as the standard VMSL 'big game' facility, starting with the BC semifinals (I believe the VMSL is host this year). Make a deal with the District or whatever and be done with it. There is no better place to play a game with atmosphere right now that I can think of.

Great to see Jua out there as well as an appearance by Woodrow on the sidelines!

Cheers,

Regs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is some video of the game and Regs you can actually catch most of the altercation that led to the double red...puzzling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't want to be critical because having video of a game at our level is awesome but... LOL!!! I was waiting for a "...and Boom! goes the dynamite..." :D

OK, Cuds didn't get any ball by the looks of it... still not a straight red in my books :mad:

jua

Apr 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Regs it was a great day and good to see you and all the lads again at Kinsmen arguably the best venue for these events. Seeing Reeder and others at the match gave me a brief deja vu of all those games at Kinsmen and then getting a little tipsy in the changeroom afterwards.....

Good Luck

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs
I was actually trying to push in onto the cross bar to keep your average up, unfortunately the Buffon style ( read as ...milked it ) save made the ball go in the wrong direction and the rest is history. I do admit I should have done better with that. Having said that I knew you guys would run out of gas and wouldn't have any chances for the rest of the match. :D
Honestly though, a great atmosphere once again. Hard fought battle, with an exciting finish.
One question though....What is up with Billy and the FCUK Bombs. There were lots of kids and wives around and that was a little uncalled for. People could hear him on 23rd. I mean cmon.....Put a sock in it. I can understand being competetive but that is ridiculous.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Billy was just expressing out loud what we were all thinking.

Or his tourette's flared up.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0