Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 2 - WESTside 0

Good game... Probably the best referee i have seen in the last 10 years of playing soccer. kudos to the referee and to PCOV going on to the next round.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see that Fantabulous....he is on a strict "no drinking" regiment...he even turned down a few from the Inter lads after our tough loss last night against Columbus!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see that Fantabulous....he is on a strict "no drinking" regiment...he even turned down a few from the Inter lads after our tough loss last night against Columbus!

:D :D

Discipline, SCK.......discipline......and a long fcuking trip back to Steveston........:)

Thanks for the offer though. :)

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 1 - KLM 0

Well what can we say, a win is a win. WV got many chances in the first 25 minutes. If they score any of those KLM is done. However, WV doesn't capitalize on any of them and midway through the 1st KLM feels that they are not out if this. KLM never really a threat in the first half. WV gets PK in the final minutes of the half. Fischer takes it, it goes past the goalie, through the net as the mesh ripples. The ref calls it a no goal because it went wide. Shocking. Everybody saw it go in except him. Even spectators watching other games couldn't believe it. 0-0 at half. KLM then start taking it to WV. Yours truly, stupidly, picks up a pass back for free kick that was blocked on the goal line by DV. Finally WV gets another PK and Besty makes sure of this one. 1-0 final.
WHEW!!!!!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain/Walks, this brings up a good point. So we score on the PK (it actually is in by about 3-4 feet), everyone sees it but the ref. Because he has no assistants to rely on and was watching God knows what but it wasn't the PK, what is the recourse?

My guess is, even though everyone there saw that it was a goal, he has to stand by his decision, otherwise there could be a could reaon for a protest?

Thoughts from the experts?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planks/Sir M, I see you were the home team so I assume you put up the nets? Maybe next time make sure they're hammered home even if the ref is supposed to check for that before the game.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, lets say you are at Hillcrest and you have say a Div 1 game going on before you. You are next to play. The field is lined, the nets and corner flags are up, you are trying to make up a game sheet, get the cards ready, etc prior to kickoff. You, of course, are waiting to see if the flaky latecomers will show or not. You are in a Cup competition, a competition that both of our clubs have won in the recent past. (I am not sure whether other recent posters can say the same about that, but I digress). The head official then, prior to kickoff, who I am not sure but may be in the middle of the park for the first time ever (I have seen him run the line in the past) for this one is telling your players that if they wear jewellery, improper footwear etc he will give them a straight red. Then, with ten minutes to go til kickoff, after the Metro game has been played on a sunny day on a fully lined field, he wants the field re-lined. So that gets done, then he misses seeing a clear PK go in (we do pay these people forty-five dollars an hour for this service). Do you think that you would have the time to check for holes in the nets under all of these circumstances? Or would you assume that would be the referee's responsibility?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain/Walks, this brings up a good point. So we score on the PK (it actually is in by about 3-4 feet), everyone sees it but the ref. Because he has no assistants to rely on and was watching God knows what but it wasn't the PK, what is the recourse?

My guess is, even though everyone there saw that it was a goal, he has to stand by his decision, otherwise there could be a could reaon for a protest?

Certainly not an expert, Sir M, but if the ref says he didn't see it go in, then that's it unfortunately. What did the other team say out of curiosity? Common sense from the ref's part might have been useful. :D

That's bizarre though.....glad it worked out in the end and I'm sure ref is happy with that too.....in fact, you were given a second penalty right? ;)

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't they retake the one in Premier a few years ago? Seems to me Two-Nine got a yellow for insisting that if it wasn't in it was a goal kick... really though, how hard is it to tell if it is in or not -- especially if Fish is taking it. Hey, but maybe we have found another FIFA sanctioned ref...

3-2 for a very short-handed Wickham. The guys handled FF and BP fairly well. Late free kick by MFFF made it too close, but really, comfortable playing against 10 men most of the night.

No sign of Anti-Fan, may have been camping over at Ambleside getting ready for the sausage party?

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why are there not any linesman when we have play-offs or cup play? Every league i have ever played whenever it was cup, play-offs, or anything that wasn t regular season we always had linseman...

Is it because we are in Masters?:confused:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coleman, I remember that example. It was against Firemen. Paul Ward was the ref, but in that case, he made a decision to have it re-taken and Dailly scored (again). The difference there was he had linesmen. But I also recall, that we felt Firemen had a legitimate shout at a protest (if memory serves, this was 29's point at the time...ironically, he was with FF at the time). But, Firemen being the usual class act, knowing it had in fact gone in the first time, they said openly they would not protest.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some 30 years ago we actually had a protest upheld and a game replayed on a penalty kick incident -- it was a windy day at Ambleside B and the ball started rolling away, Franco grabbed it and placed it back on the spot, whereupon the ref blew for a hand ball. In retrospect, at least he was awake and paying attention, although, some guys really should pay us to be allowed on the field with a whistle.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe a stole or a bad russian style hat.. That little mucker is too small to be used as much else.

T idiotic pay your bill from 2006.... its only $20.00... if you cant pay dont play..

AblertaRFC you must be BLAZE ARMY'S late nite booty call............. :p:p:p...."mucker"......

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, lets say you are at Hillcrest and you have say a Div 1 game going on before you. You are next to play. The field is lined, the nets and corner flags are up, you are trying to make up a game sheet, get the cards ready, etc prior to kickoff. You, of course, are waiting to see if the flaky latecomers will show or not. You are in a Cup competition, a competition that both of our clubs have won in the recent past. (I am not sure whether other recent posters can say the same about that, but I digress). The head official then, prior to kickoff, who I am not sure but may be in the middle of the park for the first time ever (I have seen him run the line in the past) for this one is telling your players that if they wear jewellery, improper footwear etc he will give them a straight red. Then, with ten minutes to go til kickoff, after the Metro game has been played on a sunny day on a fully lined field, he wants the field re-lined. So that gets done, then he misses seeing a clear PK go in (we do pay these people forty-five dollars an hour for this service). Do you think that you would have the time to check for holes in the nets under all of these circumstances? Or would you assume that would be the referee's responsibility?

Sir M,
Your a bit of a story teller, but in saying that, not one person from KLM spoke up and said, "the ball went in the net"........?????

Anyone from KLM have anything to say about the 1st P.K.????????????

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It went in. The Alemania guys seemed like good, honest guys. Don't know if they are on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0