Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deucy, do you need a place to stay tonight?

I heard the score would have been 6 or 7 nil if you had played more today. Play your 25 minutes......earn a '0' in the plus/minus and call it a day. That's what champions like yourself are made of.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Colemanj:

I think we met all Anti-Fan's relatives at the Timmy's on Marine Dr. on Saturday. Wonderful family with maybe a full set of teeth between all of them put together...:rolleyes:

Don't believe that there are any Alemania players on this site, or at least none who post before Nations' Cup time...:D

Trece

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 -Surrey 0

Surrey was definitely up for the game. They came out very strong and aggressive and pushed hard the entire game. At times it was a chippy affair with some hard tackles, but most of it - other than good old #3 up front for Surrey - was in the bounds of soccer. I won't name names - I don't need to.:rolleyes:

Sapp scored 10 minutes in off a scramble in the box. Jeff Johnston banged it home from 12 out. The second was a beautiful build up with Sully and Jeff playing the 1-2 in the box allowing Sully to slot it away from close range 30 minutes in. The first half was played evenly. Surrey played it well going forward, but lacked in the final 3rd of the field.
Surrey kept it going in the 2nd and controlled most of the half, but Sapp had all the easy chances early on. Missed breakaways off the counters was the norm. It should have been 4 or 5 - buzz with 20 to go. Surrey guy cheap shots Sapp guy away from the play. (Do we still do that at our age? Sure elbows are up a lot of times when challenges are made on the ball, but away from the play; trying to break a guys' nose?)
Surrey finally gets a couple of easy chances with 10 to go. But big man up front blows the easiest break away with a few minutes remaining.

A closer game than the score line showed.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 -Surrey 0

Surrey was definitely up for the game. They came out very strong and aggressive and pushed hard the entire game. At times it was a chippy affair with some hard tackles, but most of it - other than good old #3 up front for Surrey - was in the bounds of soccer. I won't name names - I don't need to.:rolleyes:

Sapp scored 10 minutes in off a scramble in the box. Jeff Johnston banged it home from 12 out. The second was a beautiful build up with Sully and Jeff playing the 1-2 in the box allowing Sully to slot it away from close range 30 minutes in. The first half was played evenly. Surrey played it well going forward, but lacked in the final 3rd of the field.
Surrey kept it going in the 2nd and controlled most of the half, but Sapp had all the easy chances early on. Missed breakaways off the counters was the norm. It should have been 4 or 5 - buzz with 20 to go. Surrey guy cheap shots Sapp guy away from the play. (Do we still do that at our age? Sure elbows are up a lot of times when challenges are made on the ball, but away from the play; trying to break a guys' nose?)
Surrey finally gets a couple of easy chances with 10 to go. But big man up front blows the easiest break away with a few minutes remaining.

A closer game than the score line showed.

All this and no comment on the ref?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All this and no comment on the ref?

Phil was in the middle of the park. Apparently, like indoor soccer (Boarding =s Red), a slide tackle =s Yellow.

I know we are all a bit slower and older, but this is still above his level. Some players not too happy.

Regs, the yellow doesn't show up too good. WTF?

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
originality to say the least
you did give me warning that you were going to destroy me on TTP
you win wee man

Just having a laugh T......:)

I was doing my best Jose Mourinho impression..(Football Matters, Setanta)

Shut up Sven!!, Shut up Wayne!! Funny stuff...:D

Deucy

smitty767

Feb 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeh I saw it was in!When I turned to the ref I saw he was looking to make sure no one was running in from the 18.He was not looking at the net.I do think that was a bad pk to give though!You are the better team and a good team,but we gave what we had with a short bench!Good luck.Hope we both never see that ref again!!Cheers..

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chort. On a different topic, is the venerable "Team Starter" offering up aspersions about the WVFC side from a NSCL position?

Just wondering.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, to answer your question,

Chort. On different topic, is the venerable "Team Starter" offering up aspersions about the WVFC side from a NSCL position?

Just wondering.

Team Starter is actually a player in the great VSML Masters Premier league. He is a long serving member for the team that has taken 5 out of a possible 6 points from WVFC in league this year!:eek:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to PCOV the rest of the way, you really turned it around this year in my opinion, and great result last week. You still have a legitimate shot at the BCs. Well done, keep it up.

Sir M.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bohica, my apologies, you caught me after a very long day yesterday! You are so on the ball:D

how do you take 5 out of 6 points? I thought wins were worth three and a tie was worth one point

Looks like Sir M figured it out anyways!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Wickham will be missing 4 guys against Sapp. Again, it must be a Friday night thing with the Div 1 teams.:D

I think Kirk tried to accommodate but that would put Sapp out 3 guys including a goalie.
Game will be moved to 9 PM at Mercer Turf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0