Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters A Cup 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confusion is right. I get a call at 10:45 confirming a time change to 4:15 at Kinsmen. Then about 1 hour later I get the call re-confirming 11:30. This after the emails went out to Sapp mentioning the game change.:confused:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some guys will go to anything to try and mess you up WAB....
Good luck to both teams. Should be a cracker!!

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey WAB:

Sorry mate but just got the news that the game is at 4,30 pm at Confederation... so tell your italian players (an others) in your team they can go to church. See ya tomm at Confederation.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Once again for any of fans, shut-ins, people that cannot make it out to the game, or those that take some sort of unholy joy in confusing the Cup finalists:

This is confirmed:

1130 AM, March 29, 2009 Kinsman Stadium

Masters A Cup Final, West Van FC at Sapperton Rovers

The Imperial Cup final will follow. There will be BBQ'd sausages, pop, etc available at the field, which is in pristine shape as of this afternoon.

In the event that Kinsman is closed the Masters A Cup will move to Confederation turf at 430 PM. But it is sunny here in North Van, Kinsman is open, and the forecast for tomorrow is sunny, so the move is extremely unlikely.

Sir M.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My prediction is WAB and his crew will win this by 2 goals? The big difference will be the Fav brothers and of course Bohica. :D Good luck to both teams as today is gonna be a good day for soccer and post game road pop's and sausages!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3 West Van 0. Not that i was watching?:rolleyes:

Some very good stuff from Sapperton today. Near the end of the game i think they played one touch keep away for about five minutes.

Very nice stuff indeed.

Unlucky today West Van, you guys are better then that and we know you will be ready for your next match.:D

Congrats WAB and your Sapperton Crew! You guys have had a very good year boys.

I don't think anyone will be able to touch them this year. They are very good.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wanted to congratulate Sapp on their 3-0 win. They were by far the better team on the day. Kudos to all of their players for a job well done. Tommy great save on the free kick. Things might have been different if that had gone in. Favs well played. All of you guys played great. We tried to battle but could not keep up. The piss take at the end was the icing on the cake. We have done it to other teams and this time it was done to us. Does not feel good. Anyways, good luck in the BC's, and hopefully there will be a rematch. By the way, Weaver, you had me beat, the inertia was in motion, how much more room do you want?;) Like I said, good luck. We all need it.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually, until today, did not realise that those Sapp players were even playing Masters. Im guessing Sapp has decided that they are better off going for the Masters title than open play. Sapp Masters are very strong.

Congrats to Sapp.

Well done Sapp in the Masters final, and well done to all of over 35s WVFC players who won the Imperial Cup final in the second half of today's doubleheader. It was a glorious day out at Kinsman, and what a (second) game!

Coach, I do not know if you want to beat us in the 1st round or not, because you will have to meet Sapp after that. That will not be pleasant.

PS. WAB is actually a nice guy.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, Weaver, you had me beat, the inertia was in motion, how much more room do you want?;)

That save "earned" me the goat horns. Now my family will be ridiculed. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Jan - March 09 066.jpg
    Jan - March 09 066.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 42

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3 - West Van 0
1-0 (15'), 2-0 (25'), 3-0 (80')

Tommy great save on the free kick. Things might have been different if that had gone in.

I thought so too. You guys were applying pressure for a 15 minute spell and if the free kick went in, the last 15 minutes would have been a nail-biter. But on the other hand, if you didn't stop my break away and then that incredible save off the header from ppl_mvr just before half, it would have been 4-0 going into the break.

Mike Favaro - MVP of the match

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS. WAB is actually a nice guy.

That's not what you were saying at 9 AM when you and Bob were out there lining the filed and putting up the nets.:D

Kinsmen was awesome. We must have had about 150 - 200 people out to the Masters final. How many did you think were at that epic battle after us?

bohica

Oct 1, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB the horns are off your head as the goat of the game and you as know they must remain on your head for any soccer function(including TTP) so this means you owe a round to the boys

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree, Mike Favs MOTM. Thanks for the kudos on that save, but you would be amazed what you can do with your eyes closed. I think there was maybe 500 people for that epic match.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats Sapp!

It's not easy to keep the train going through the winter months after the start you had but it seems you are really starting to get that second wind at the right time.

For me, easily the best team I have seen this year and right up there with the Columbus squad from 2 years ago in the VMSL.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besty,

What was the bill on that door you kicked down and absolutely destroyed? Fcuk, I heard that while playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0