Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 March Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3 BRM 1... GAme called with 10-15 minutes gone in 2nd half.

Within the first 15 minutes Surrey had over 6 yellow cards! Sapperton had majority of possession but Surrey did have their chances on the counter... 2 missed partial break aways and Surrey could of made a game of it... Sapperton score early on a lucky bounce of the keeper straight to paul sr. foot and its 1-0... Sapperton start taking over the game and get a few more... Kudo's to Sapperton as they look liked they were missing a few players but still looked like a fine oiled machine.. Forgot to mention after it was 2-0 Surrey scored an amazing goal to make it 2-1! (beauty shot)

I have to admit Miro didn t have his best game as a referee but must admit i have never seen a team whine soooooo much! Ok you don't get a few calls but come on!!!!! I guess Surrey figured it if they didn t win it was season over sooooo they just gave it to the referee which he than called the game. A lot of cards for Surrey including reds which will definately hinder them for next season..

Good game both ways but the difference was Sapperton scored thier chances..

I was looking forward to watching Regs play center half... when i got to the game i saw him playing last man. I tried to refund my tickets but ticketmaster said they wouldn t do it cause it was a last minute decision by the coach.:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miro is well ahead of the 'abandoned' games this year.....I think that's 4 or 5 now. :(

I know he ended an Indo/Columbus game 20 minutes early last year too. Highest paid ref per minute in the Lower Mainland.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous,

I really wish you didn't post that because you have no clue on what was happening out there.

We had an 'official' that was goading players, laughing at us, and missing really obvious things.

The game was called when Pete asked him if he was laughing at us.

I am the last person to defend having a moan at the ref. I can honestly say that everything that happened tonight was over the top from the man in the middle. We didn't get a chance to play.

There is no excuse to call the game over when he did. Seriously, there was nothing that I would classify "abuse of an official" - nothing remotely close to warrant that.

That being said, I want to say that Sapperton was a class act the whole night. I like the way they play and hope that they do win the BCs. What I didn't like from them tonight was the need to apologise after the game - they didn't need to, there was nothing they could have done.

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see what happens in terms of suspensions and whatnot as I believe we ended up with 4 red cards: 1 to a player on the sideline and 3 to end the game.

Good luck to everyone in the BCs and thanks for the battles this year!

Cheers,

Regs.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous,

I really wish you didn't post that because you have no clue on what was happening out there.

We had an 'official' that was goading players, laughing at us, and missing really obvious things.

Sorry Regs, from the stands i couldn t hear anything from the referee. The only thing i saw and heard were you guys yelling and getting frustrated. I am pretty sure he had a lot to do with it. WAs not one of his best games.. Life goes on... Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough.

My favorite from him tonight was when Muzz got tripped up from behind - "get up, you should get a yellow for diving" or maybe it was in the first half when this was heard - "you have 6 yellows for dissent. When are you going to learn?"

Doesn't sound like much but it wasn't necessary, not to mention not entirely accurate as 2 yellows were for fouls.

It was just a very frustrating ordeal to be apart of.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1
Columbus 1

we scored early on a butterfinger's special by their keeper. could have been up two near the end of the half but were unlucky that a well placed shot went off the inside of the post. second half we gave up far too many free kicks and corners but columbus couldn't capitalize. we really should have put the game to bed with some possession but managed to piss it away with about two minutes left off a counter of theirs was buried. disappointing result, but looks enough to get us in. new season and i'd imagine about a month to get in shape :rolleyes:

charlie

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs -would have been nice to finish what was a clean game. You guys started to apply pressure when it was called. Must admit, without question, man in the middle dropped the ball. Nobody wants an ABD as a result to their game.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs -would have been nice to finish what was a clean game. You guys started to apply pressure when it was called. Must admit, without question, man in the middle dropped the ball. Nobody wants an ABD as a result to their game.

It would have been nice to finish the game, but frankly, it was likely better he called it. As much as the yellows he issued to us were extremely petty, he produced an environment that was dangerous......not to the Sapperton players.......but to himself. I am glad it didn't go there,

I know this is TTP, but this man needs some help. I think he was having fun, as if he was in control of a bunch of puppets, who at a whim, could induce an emotional response from, and then punish. It's actually kind of sick. Definitely something for the league to look into.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cerebral Smallsy, was Trevor in net for Columbus? I heard that before the game he had gone out for dinner and had some of India's finest "Butter Chicken":D I'm not sure if that dark skinned player Hose was with him for dinner though?;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Westside 1
Columbus 1

we scored early on a butterfinger's special by their keeper.

Regs unlucky to you and SU for not making it this year to the BC's. Hopefully your women can once again do well in the BC's as they go for their 6th straight title!:cool:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - SU 1

You could see and feel the frustration of the SU players. Every questionable decision really went against them. For a team battling to make the BCs the referee never gave them the benefit of the doubt on any potential call. The game was by no means hard to officiate. It was one of the cleanest games, with some intensity sprinkled in, I've ever been apart of. The yellows (8 or so) and reds (5 - 2 just before he abandoned the game, and 2 after the game) were over the top. I thought 2 or 3 yellows were justified, based on some constant complaining. But when you are pushed to that level of frustration, it's hard to compose yourself as a player.

Note: of the 6 games Miro has reffed us this year (Open & Masters), he has threatened to ABD 3 of them at on point or another in the game (all of which for the opposing team's displeasure in something). This really has to be adressed by the league.

Regs was in fine cagey veteran form prior to the match.:D First, SU sets up shop on our side of the field when they usually they go to the other side. Then, just before kickoff, the BigRedMachine comes out in black gear. Knowing that we play in black when they always play in red.:) So now we have to change to red!:) Can't really blame him though, I do the same things at times. Yes, Regs tried everything last night. Too bad the ref didn't give them a chance.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs -would have been nice to finish what was a clean game. You guys started to apply pressure when it was called.

Ya, SU had most of the play in our end prior to the 3-1 counter attack goal.

Sapp goals:
1 - misplayed cross
2 - perhaps offside? Close call - could have been called.
3 - played up to Sapp player's arm. Should have been handball.

You could feel the SU frustration build.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I obviously was not at the Sapp - Surrey tilt. Teams I have been involved in have had some problems in the past with this referee, however, while perhaps a tough lesson, we finally realized that you just can't argue with the gentleman, no matter how frustrated you may be. Once we figured this out, our games run much smooter (also with other referees).

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I obviously was not at the Sapp - Surrey tilt. Teams I have been involved in have had some problems in the past with this referee, however, while perhaps a tough lesson, we finally realized that you just can't argue with the gentleman, no matter how frustrated you may be. Once we figured this out, our games run much smoother (also with other referees).
True enough and I know everyone totally agrees with you. Especially at our age and experience, you should figure out early in a game that there are some referees who will throw out the cards if you argue or complain. You should just know better.

That's why Sapp had Kent off to start the game.:D:D:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cerebral Smallsy, was Trevor in net for Columbus? I heard that before the game he had gone out for dinner and had some of India's finest "Butter Chicken":D I'm not sure if that dark skinned player Hose was with him for dinner though?;)

Regs unlucky to you and SU for not making it this year to the BC's. Hopefully your women can once again do well in the BC's as they go for their 6th straight title!:cool:

Let's hope not. :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I obviously was not at the Sapp - Surrey tilt. Teams I have been involved in have had some problems in the past with this referee, however, while perhaps a tough lesson, we finally realized that you just can't argue with the gentleman, no matter how frustrated you may be. Once we figured this out, our games run much smooter (also with other referees).

Fair enough comments towards all referees but what is it about Miro that facilitates these type of games? Could it be that he isn't as good as the other referees who don't miss what he misses? Could it be that other referees don't laugh at you like you are a bunch of fools? When Rene tells you to shut it, you shut it. Why? Because he is probably calling a damn good game and maybe missed one, like everyone does. So you just get on with it. Most players know when they are out of line or wrong and a good referee puts them in their place.

Miro is not as good as some would like to believe. Where did he get this reputation as being good? Every game I have seen or been part of has shown me he is actually very poor. So we should just shut up and accept a lunatic coming out and taking a paycheck and playing us like fools? I don't think so.

Miro has obviously made a point of sending a message, "Don't argue with my calls. Don't question my calls. Just play or you will be dealt with!" So is he going to win at the end? Probably, but it all rests on the players who have to remain composed and disciplined to realize what is transpiring. BUT, mark my words, this is a TIME BOMB waiting to explode. You get the wrong team, the wrong players, on the wrong day, and there will be an incident that will be regrettable. Then it won't matter about "just realizing that you can't win with arguing with Miro, and getting on with it".

This has to be dealt with to avoid a bad situation in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0